• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will win the NFC West this year?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sensitive much?

I didn't quote you or name you in that first quote above and yet you took it as me personally insulting you?

Really man, these 3-4 pages of pissing in the wind have got to stop. It isn't productive or interesting to ANYONE on the site. It really isn't.

My first post was a general observation and no reasonable person could take it otherwise. There are threads up here telling us how awesome Luck is and some of those same posters tell us to wait and see on RW. That's all I said and now your panties are all wadded up.

I made an observation and after you came back at me on it I clarified it. I was simply translating what DK was saying, or at least how I took what he said.

I apologize. I thought you were putting me with that group that thinks Luck is already elite. I have the same mentality with him as I do with Wilson. Both have shown greatness in their short tenure in the NFL but both still have some to prove to show they deserve to be in that conversation of best in the NFL. That really is not meant to be an insult at all towards either one of them as I expect even as early as next year they can be in that conversation with even those HOF guys and what they are doing on the field. Both have that ability and both have the intangibles to reach that level.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I apologize. I thought you were putting me with that group that thinks Luck is already elite. I have the same mentality with him as I do with Wilson. Both have shown greatness in their short tenure in the NFL but both still have some to prove to show they deserve to be in that conversation of best in the NFL. That really is not meant to be an insult at all towards either one of them as I expect even as early as next year they can be in that conversation with even those HOF guys and what they are doing on the field. Both have that ability and both have the intangibles to reach that level.

Fair enough. I don't believe I criticized your actual stance on any of it. All I say to everyone is be consistent. Don't give Luck this praise and claim he is the second coming and then say others that are 2-3 years in need more time before they can have the same futuristic outlook. And I remind people it is ok to give all of them credit for what they have done now and not find the need to project out what their possible futures are. In my world there is today and how they are helping/hurting your team right now.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. I don't believe I criticized your actual stance on any of it. All I say to everyone is be consistent. Don't give Luck this praise and claim he is the second coming and then say others that are 2-3 years in need more time before they can have the same futuristic outlook. And I remind people it is ok to give all of them credit for what they have done now and not find the need to project out what their possible futures are. In my world there is today and how they are helping/hurting your team right now.

Next season is not promised for any of them. I have said before Carson Palmer is the greatest example of not trying to get too ahead of yourselves about a player. His 2nd year in the league he finished almost top-5 in every category possible for a quarterback and was looking like the next great quarterback in the league. A bad knee injury in the playoffs completely threw off what looked like a promising career. He has still done decent but obviously not up to that top-5 QB's in the league potential that some had for him at that time.

At this point Wilson has shown to be a great quarterback in the league and I do expect him to continue with that. At this point he has been a huge help to the team and a major leader in the most important position on the field. Cannot emphasize that enough. It is why when games are close they turn to him above any other player to go and make a play for the team. So far he has risen to that occasion and has been down right impressive.

In the NFC West (getting back to the subject at hand) he is the best quarterback at this time of all the teams. That gives them a major advantage to repeat and keep repeating as Champions of the NFC West. Having a great running game and defense is just gravy on top of that truth.

NickTheGreek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've not seen anywhere a prediction of a Rams rise to the top. I do, however, feel the Rams can finally finish above .500 for the first time in a long time. Even 10+ wins is within reach.

The Rams aren't going to make a jump to 10+ wins but maybe 9. Potentially 11 in this division? Never with Sam Bradford at QB. He's a china doll and won't last going back to his Sooners' days.

As a Ram's fan, you pray that it happens but that's lofty. I love the D but Bradford will be the culprit for a 8 or 9 win team, max, so yes above .500 but not 10 or 11.

Last edited by a moderator:

NickTheGreek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can compare numbers and such and that is fine. RW is a great quarterback in this league and looks like he will be for years. I am talking about the intangibles side of it though. RW has great intangibles but when somebody says they will "NEVER be topped by any quarterback" that is a very very bold claim considering some of the greats this game has seen. First off the NFL is actually a young sport compared to most of the major sports in the world so to say already that somebody has reached a level that NOBODY ever will again is just ludicrous.

Homerism Hyperbole runs rampant in any football discussion. Par for the course.
Wilson is a very good QB. Another year or 2 of show to evaluate his full set of skills and intangibles.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams aren't going to make a jump to 10+ wins. Potentially 11 in this division? Never with Sam Bradford at QB. He's a china doll and won't last going back to his Sooners' days.

As a Ram's fan, you pray that it happens but that's lofty. I love the D but Bradford will be the culprit for a 8 or 9 win team, max.

Actually, the Rams could feasibly have been a 10 win team last year, had Bradford not gone down. There's no question they would have beaten the Seahawks in week 8 without Kellen Clemens throwing the game away. A more productive passing game would have snagged a win against Tennessee and very likely against the 49ers and/or Cardinals in their second meetings. A 3 win improvement certainly isn't out of the question for the Rams in 2014.

You're absolutely right about the injury concern, though. That can't be denied. Bradford must last the season if the Rams are to be successful. Personally, I'm not concerned one bit about his talent level, but I clench up every time he gets breathed on.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, the Rams could feasibly have been a 10 win team last year, had Bradford not gone down. There's no question they would have beaten the Seahawks in week 8 without Kellen Clemens throwing the game away. A more productive passing game would have snagged a win against Tennessee and very likely against the 49ers and/or Cardinals in their second meetings. A 3 win improvement certainly isn't out of the question for the Rams in 2014.

You're absolutely right about the injury concern, though. That can't be denied. Bradford must last the season if the Rams are to be successful. Personally, I'm not concerned one bit about his talent level, but I clench up every time he gets breathed on.

The problem seems to be rather stubborn though: Bradford's health

NickTheGreek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly do the similarities between Andrew Luck and Rich Gannon have to do with the team that will win the NFC West this year?

Somehow I got off topic. My bad.

I think I was talking about the NFCW in Kaep and Wilson, then Luck got tossed in and someone didn't see Luck and a comparison to Gannon. I felt compelled to set the record straight.

You know how threads don't stay on topic and have diversions. Count me as guilty in this one. :suds:

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries can either doom or lift a team. Sometimes luck plays a big part of who gets into the SB.

Yes Sir.

I expect my Seahawks to be in the running again.
Favorites? Sure.
Winners? Luck, not the indy guy, WILL play a part.

Bottom line, The Seahawks are just as talented and have just as good of a chance as ANY TEAM.
Will they win the SB?

I Hope so, And I will support them, but bottom line says, there are 5+ teams ready to pounce.

Which ones will is the question?

Go Hawks.:suds::suds::suds:

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Rams go 9-7, I'll be happy with that for now LOL as long as the 9 wins are spoilers for other teams in one way or another

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never ceases to amaze me how many fans keep telling us we can't give credit for what RW has done over the last two years because he hasn't done it long enough to deserve consideration....

And then most of them give praise to Luck. :L

RW earned the praise he has so far. You want to compare him to some of the greats on the game? Compare his numbers to their numbers at this point in their career. Does it mean he is going to be a HOF and own the league? Of course not. It just means so far he has been beyond outstanding and that's all we could have asked for. It's more than good enough for now.

I agree we need to give him credit for what he has done so far. But beyond outstanding? Really? The Seahawks won a SB primarily because of their defense and running game, not QB play. Wilson makes great decisions and manages the game very well. If you put him on the Colts, do they make they playoffs? Possibly, but I don't think so.

Wilson is a very solid QB that fits the Seahawks system. But you might want to relax on the "beyond outstanding" stuff.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

at least I'm not an ignorant dumb chit. If you're going to spend time on a hobby / subject, you should, at least, become familiar with the topic. You're not. So heed my advice and use the reference materials. Strive for knowledge and don't be so lazy!

Um.... That is exactly what you are. You have been talking down to people ever since you showed up on this site. Unlike some of us, you obviously have a lot of time on your hands and I wont jump to conclusions as to why. Regardless, you don't need to take it so personally, when someone finds the content in one of your videos slightly funny.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree we need to give him credit for what he has done so far. But beyond outstanding? Really? The Seahawks won a SB primarily because of their defense and running game, not QB play. Wilson makes great decisions and manages the game very well. If you put him on the Colts, do they make they playoffs? Possibly, but I don't think so.

Wilson is a very solid QB that fits the Seahawks system. But you might want to relax on the "beyond outstanding" stuff.

Its relative. Compared to others in the first two years its been beyond outstanding. And why does everyone want to put him on the Colts as if that proves Luck is better? Wilson would throw the ball more and his efficiency would go down, but they made the playoffs with Luck not necessarily being very efficient. And if Luck was in Seattle, guess what, his yards and attempts would go down while his effeciency would go up. And everyone would rave about how great of a decision maker he is, and how efficient he is, then they would say the yards dont matter.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go show us his numbers compared to any other QB in history you want to choose over their first two years.

No, seriously. Go do the research yourself.

Many of you just want to dismiss anything said as blind homerism and that's understandable, but what RW has done IS outstanding over his first two years when you compare him to what every other QB has done over that same span.

If you want to tell us to chill, prove it wrong.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go show us his numbers compared to any other QB in history you want to choose over their first two years.

Many of you just want to dismiss anything said as blind homerism and that's understandable, but what RW has done IS outstanding over his first two years when you compare him to what every other QB has done over that same span.

Forget actual results, its all about hypotheticals. If Wilson this, if Wilson that, he's just so lucky.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see nothing wrong with the take that RW has performed beyond all expectations in his first 2 yrs within the league and statistically ranks 'beyond outstanding' for his first 2 years in the NFL.

Projecting a career for him that places him as most amazing thing since sliced bread is where I think other teams fan bases jump off the train. And why wouldn't they? So many variables go into a successful QBs career, many of which the QB has no control over what so ever.

It's only opinions after all. No one is right or wrong with opinions, they just are....

Time will tell. In the meantime enjoy the pleasure of having the perfect QB your team could want, at a killer discount. :suds:

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its relative. Compared to others in the first two years its been beyond outstanding. And why does everyone want to put him on the Colts as if that proves Luck is better? Wilson would throw the ball more and his efficiency would go down, but they made the playoffs with Luck not necessarily being very efficient. And if Luck was in Seattle, guess what, his yards and attempts would go down while his effeciency would go up. And everyone would rave about how great of a decision maker he is, and how efficient he is, then they would say the yards dont matter.

Sorry, i'm not buying the beyond outstanding. A "beyond outstanding" player is someone that carries their team each and every week. Opposing defenses would create a game plan to stop a "beyond outstanding" player. I would say most teams create a game plan that focuses on stopping Lynch before Wilson.

I'm sure if you polled a large number of NFL fans, (certainly ones on this site) as to who they feel is a better QB, Luck would win in a landslide.

Better yet, what do you think is the more likely scenario?

1. Seahawks win the SB with Luck as their QB.
2. Colts make the playoffs with Wilson as their QB?

Tough, but I go with option 1.

Regardless, none of it really matters. Wilson is on a SB winning team which trumps everything. He is on the perfect team for his skill set. The "what if" scenario just creates interesting dialogue.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is an impossible comparison because the nfl is the ultimate team game. There are 21 other players on the field that have an impact on how the others perform. How many other first and second year QB's joined a playoff team with a top defense, top running game, top home field advantage, etc.?

Wilson is a very good QB on a beyond outstanding team.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, i'm not buying the beyond outstanding. A "beyond outstanding" player is someone that carries their team each and every week. Opposing defenses would create a game plan to stop a "beyond outstanding" player. I would say most teams create a game plan that focuses on stopping Lynch before Wilson.

I'm sure if you polled a large number of NFL fans, (certainly ones on this site) as to who they feel is a better QB, Luck would win in a landslide.

Better yet, what do you think is the more likely scenario?

1. Seahawks win the SB with Luck as their QB.
2. Colts make the playoffs with Wilson as their QB?

Tough, but I go with option 1.

Regardless, none of it really matters. Wilson is on a SB winning team which trumps everything. He is on the perfect team for his skill set. The "what if" scenario just creates interesting dialogue.

Yes, if you compare him to a QB that defenses game plan around like Manning or Brady currently, then its not that impressive. But if you compare him to Brady or Manning in their first two years, Wilson is better. Which is all that we can compare at this time.

Luck is a winner. But his team also plays good team football, and are well coached. It doesn't show up in most of the raw stats, but they make key plays on defense when they need to. They were 3rd in the league in TO ratio and if you check the splits, they improved a lot on defense from the 1st quarter to the 2nd, then from the 3rd to the 4th. That's good defensive coaching. I think that Luck has a massive hand in his teams success, but he is not the end all be all.