• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will win the NFC West this year?

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson doesn't give the Seahawks a ''monster leg up'' on the 49er's. Wilson is a very good young QB, more consistent than Kaep for sure, but Kaep has a higher ceiling

I'm sure Kaep has a higher ceiling than Brady too.:lol:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Kaep has a higher ceiling than Brady too.:lol:

Its true. Kaeps physical abilities give him a higher ceiling than any QB in the game. He's more physically gited than Rodgers, Manning and Brady. Too bad that doesn't mean shit when you only have one throw and dont go through progressions.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
feel better?

That's too short of a hurdle for Wilson for me to feel great about it. Being better than Romo should be an expectation of any young franchise QB.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's too short of a hurdle for Wilson for me to feel great about it. Being better than Romo should be an expectation of any young franchise QB.

really?
Tony Romo is the benchmark for worthy QB play you say.
Outstanding football observations there sonny.
Go Hawks!

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really?
Tony Romo is the benchmark for worthy QB play you say.
Outstanding football observations there sonny.
Go Hawks!

Yep. Go Hawks!

NickTheGreek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How in the world can you compare Rich Gannon with Andrew Luck? REALLY!? :gaah:

I've thought Gannon and Luck eye test similarly since jumpstreet.

Why? Toughness, Running style and ability, Accuracy, Touch, similar play action, naked boots, arm strength, pocket presence, leadership, never out of a game, team confidence.

I pulled 1 video of Gannon and 1 video of Luck. I expect you to realize how similar they are though being a guy, you'll never admit it. I thought they had similar traits but I was astounded at their games. Let's roll. for comparison sake, Luck times are in his video. Gannon times are in his video.

Luck- :26 - Lucks rushing ability as he avoids dual pressure vs Jags and takes off like Gannon.
Luck- :44 - Same tough running style
Gannon- :54 – 1:22 – Gannon has similar pump fake, avoids 2 Chargers and takes off. Shows awareness looking over at his blindside, ability to slide and toughness.

Luck - 1:00 - Luck pump fakes, makes moves to rush for a TD vs Titans. similar.
Gannon - 2:07 Gannon also pump fakes, makes a couple of moves and dives in for a TD vs Colts.

Luck – 1:17 Vs Oakland, luck takes off weakside with toughness for the TD. similar
Gannon- 2:13 Gannon vs the colts takes off weakside with toughness and dives at the pylon for TD. Same running style with gannon having a bit more football speed.

Luck - 1:27 - Luck flawlessly executes a naked bootleg vs the 49ers for a TD.
Gannon- 2:27 - Gannon flawlessly executes a naked bootleg vs the Colts for a TD. the same.

Luck- 1:50 Luck stands tall in the pocket with patience and nails Reggie Wayne on a deep crossing route with accuracy.
Gannon- 3:31 Gannon stands tall in the pocket with patience and nails Jerry Rice on a deep crossing route with accuracy and TD.

Luck – 2:00 Luck executes a nice play action fake and pass to the TE.
Gannon - 1:25 Gannon executes the same play action and soft touch to Dudley for a TD.
Gannon - 3:47 Gannon executes the same play action and soft touch to TE for a TD.

Luck- 2:10 Luck throws an accurate dig route to TY Hilton.
Gannon- 1:51 Similar dig route throw vs KC

Luck – 2:33 Stands in the pocket with composure and waits for Wayne to get open and tosses a perfect pass for a TD.
Gannon – 1:44 Stands in the pocket with similar composure and waits for Dudley to get open and rifles a perfect pass for a TD.

Luck – 2:40 - Under pressure and gets grabbed but unloads for a TD.
Gannon - :35 Under pressure, gets grabbed but unloads to Tyrone Wheatley for a TD.

Luck- 2:50 - Accurate quick out leading the TE for a TD. 4:20 Luck leads Havili on a similar out for a TD.
Gannon- 3:24 Gannon has an accurate quick out leading Dudley down the sideline. Touch.

Luck- 2:55 Beautiful pitch and deep catch by TY Hilton. Accuracy, touch, release all similar.
Gannon – 2:55 Similar pitch and game winning OT catch from Gannon to Tim Brown. Accuracy, touch, release are all similar.

Luck - 3:45 Rolls out along the sideline and finds wR for TD.
Gannon - :17 Shows his escapability along the sideline and finds Jett for the game winner with :27 left.

Luck – 5:27 Luck pump fakes to freeze the Seahawk safety and then throws weakside on a 9 route to TY Hilton for the TD. Smarts, pump, pocket presence, accuracy, touch.
Gannon – 4:13 Gannon pump fakes to freeze the Jet safety and throws weakside on a 9 route to Jerry Porter for the TD. Smarts, pump, pocket presence, accuracy, touch.

Luck – 5:34 - Slo-Mo shows Hilton catching the TD ball on the 9 route 5:27 before a safety can arrive.
Gannon – 4:24 – Slo-Mo shows Porter on the same sideline catching the same 9 route toss with late safety help for a TD.

Had enough? I'm tired.... I have an eye for this sort of chit. :suds:

Last edited by a moderator:

NickTheGreek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How in the world can you compare Rich Gannon with Andrew Luck? REALLY!? :gaah:

Most fans / kids just don't know the history of Rich Gannon's 4 years in Oakland, though the playoff loses were tough blows.

He was MVP in 2002 and a player of the year award in 2000. He had a 63% completion rate over those 4 years.

He completed 21 straight passes in game. 21 straight which were short quick hitters but still.

The Raiders offense in his 4 years was as follows.

1999 - 8th in points 5th in yards
2000 - 3rd in points 6th in yards
2001 - 4th in points 7th in yards
2002 - 2nd in points 1st in yards

Rich Gannon could play really good football. I loved his grit, determination, toughness, the intangibles besides his uncanny running ability, his accuracy, his touch, his arm.

While he was a journeyman backup who just didn't get the opportunity, when he took over the Raiders late in his career, he showed what a baller he was.

NickTheGreek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for doing all the work in making yourself look like an ass. Now I can spend more time reviewing your suggested websites. I'll get right on that ace.

:lol:

at least I'm not an ignorant dumb chit. If you're going to spend time on a hobby / subject, you should, at least, become familiar with the topic. You're not. So heed my advice and use the reference materials. Strive for knowledge and don't be so lazy!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

at least I'm not an ignorant dumb chit. If you're going to spend time on a hobby / subject, you should, at least, become familiar with the topic. You're not. So heed my advice and use the reference materials. Strive for knowledge and don't be so lazy!

Obviously Intelligent :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly do the similarities between Andrew Luck and Rich Gannon have to do with the team that will win the NFC West this year?

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. Very big ifs, but this.

The Rams could have a great year, but a lot of these predictions of their rise to the top are based on the assumption that all of their youth will come out a perform at a high level. It is one thing to say that Grag Robinson, Aaron Donald, LaMarcus Joiner, etc. will come in and contribute at a high level, but it is quite another to actually have it happen.

I truely believe that this is not the Rams year. Not yet. I think that if all of their high picks over the last couple of years perform well, stay healthy, and progress then maybe next year but I just feel that they are not quite there yet.

We will see!

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its true. Kaeps physical abilities give him a higher ceiling than any QB in the game. He's more physically gited than Rodgers, Manning and Brady. Too bad that doesn't mean shit when you only have one throw and dont go through progressions.

True, I dont know how much longer we have to wait until he figures out you dont throw the ball 70 mph to a running back in the flats? When he learns how to make all the throws and not lock on targets, then lets talk about how high his ceiling could be.

tnerb57

Rams 50+ Club Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams could have a great year, but a lot of these predictions of their rise to the top are based on the assumption that all of their youth will come out a perform at a high level. It is one thing to say that Grag Robinson, Aaron Donald, LaMarcus Joiner, etc. will come in and contribute at a high level, but it is quite another to actually have it happen.

I truely believe that this is not the Rams year. Not yet. I think that if all of their high picks over the last couple of years perform well, stay healthy, and progress then maybe next year but I just feel that they are not quite there yet.

We will see!
I've not seen anywhere a prediction of a Rams rise to the top. I do, however, feel the Rams can finally finish above .500 for the first time in a long time. Even 10+ wins is within reach.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've not seen anywhere a prediction of a Rams rise to the top. I do, however, feel the Rams can finally finish above .500 for the first time in a long time. Even 10+ wins is within reach.

I could absolutely see this happening.

NickTheGreek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gannon completes 21 straight - and Tuck rule play vs NE

Can't wait to see Luck complete 21 straight or any QB for that matter.

MVP Gannon did. Tuck play, too = Joke

Last edited by a moderator: