• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will win the NFC West this year?

NickTheGreek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said, we'll see. Your views are that Ward won't be a stud, Iupati is overrated, and the 49er's backs aren't up to snuff. You and that ass rag you keep referring to are 0-3. By all means, keep commenting, you are almost up to that lofty 40 post count level

:laugh3: Big internet tough guy with 3,000 worthless posts is now concerned with post counts. omg, as if the # of posts makes you more of a football expert. Are you going to add to the forum or just waste other's time reading your trash and constant diatribe. Quality >> Quantity

Attachments

• cat.jpg
    cat.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 116
  • cool.jpg
    cool.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 117

NickTheGreek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find my self looking forward to Nicks response.

I don't want to get into time wasting banter.

A simple opinion supported with some facts or video makes the site worth reading. If there isn't good info and insight then it's a waste of time that we don't have to waste. JakeDog had a quality post.

i.e. I don't think Colin Kaepernick will ever be an elite QB and as much as my team has QB issues, I would never want Colin.

Why? His innate internal clock, lack of pocket presence and inability to sense pressure won't improve and will be a detriment to the 49ers. The initial play in the video shows that he needed to sense Avril or Bennett coming around the corner. Colin needs to see that but he's locked onto his 1 read and then gets the ball stripped.

That is not an improvement area. It's like Tim Tebow trying to change his throwing motion. It may work for 1 game but won't stick.

I'm not saying this is a quality post. All I am saying is that I hope to see simple posts that add some value and further conversation. This video and opinion on Colin should bring debate or discussion. If not, oh well...

Game Highlights: 49ers vs. Seahawks

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to get into time wasting banter.

A simple opinion supported with some facts or video makes the site worth reading. If there isn't good info and insight then it's a waste of time that we don't have to waste. JakeDog had a quality post.

i.e. I don't think Colin Kaepernick will ever be an elite QB and as much as my team has QB issues, I would never want Colin.

Why? His innate internal clock, lack of pocket presence and inability to sense pressure won't improve and will be a detriment to the 49ers. The initial play in the video shows that he needed to sense Avril or Bennett coming around the corner. Colin needs to see that but he's locked onto his 1 read and then gets the ball stripped.

That is not an improvement area. It's like Tim Tebow trying to change his throwing motion. It may work for 1 game but won't stick.

I'm not saying this is a quality post. All I am saying is that I hope to see simple posts that add some value and further conversation. This video and opinion on Colin should bring debate or discussion. If not, oh well...

Game Highlights: 49ers vs. Seahawks

''I'm not saying this is a quality post''. Good, because it is just so much hot air. Kaepernick didn't have as good a year last year, but it had less to do with his ''unfixable, Tebow like internal clock'' than simply having NFL DC's take away the things he did best from the previous season. I suspect he will have a much better year this season. You're ripping this kid's on field ability like he was Tebow, and that's a total joke. When I ''insulted'' Wilson, I still said he was top 12 in the League. When teams faced Seattle last year, their primary focus was to stop Lynch, but this season, it will be more about Wilson. It will be interesting to see you on here next season ripping Wilson's ''internal clock'' simply because he didn't win a Super Bowl
:bullshit:

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're ripping this kid's on field ability like he was Tebow
I don't think he compared Kaep to Tebow, he simply said one of his attributes that he couldn't fix(in his opinion) was like that of Tebow not being able to fix his one attribute(throwing motion). He never once said they were similar in ability.

You're letting your anger cloud your reading ability.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when you finally get your post count above 50
What does him having under 50 posts matter? It's obvious from his join date, that he just found this place. I think the fact that he's posting higher quality stuff than you irks you. So your only retort is the number of posts he has.

Like he said, he gave reasons as to why Ward won't be a "stud" this year. Why don't you tell us all why he WILL be a "stud"? That would make for a higher quality post than simply thinking it's true and expecting us to believe it on good faith.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
''I'm not saying this is a quality post''. Good, because it is just so much hot air. Kaepernick didn't have as good a year last year, but it had less to do with his ''unfixable, Tebow like internal clock'' than simply having NFL DC's take away the things he did best from the previous season. I suspect he will have a much better year this season. You're ripping this kid's on field ability like he was Tebow, and that's a total joke. When I ''insulted'' Wilson, I still said he was top 12 in the League. When teams faced Seattle last year, their primary focus was to stop Lynch, but this season, it will be more about Wilson. It will be interesting to see you on here next season ripping Wilson's ''internal clock'' simply because he didn't win a Super Bowl

"Hot air"?

Kaep's poor pocket presence and field vision is a legit concern that many niner fans would agree with.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does him having under 50 posts matter? It's obvious from his join date, that he just found this place. I think the fact that he's posting higher quality stuff than you irks you. So your only retort is the number of posts he has.
:agree:

NickTheGreek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry but I'm not ripping Kaep's on field ability like he's Tebow, but I do believe Kaep's lack of innate natural clock, awareness, ability to scan and read the field limits his natural on field ability. Tebow couldn't "unfix" the slow hitch delivery. I don't see Kaep being a top 12 QB and he had great weapons last year and was still one of the worst passing QB's in the NFL and worst pass % in the playoffs.

SF still had Gore, Davis, Boldin all year and brought back Crab's late. Compare that to Seattle's passing attack and Wilson's weapons. Not close. Luck had some receivers but no running attack. I'd like some better decisions from Luck as he forces some balls and doesn't have the howitzer like a Marino or Elway to thread the tight windown.

I won't rip Wilson because I think he's a top 7 QB right now with the innate abilities that you can't teach, thus innate.

I had bronchitis last week and watched a lot of Wilson, Luck and compared them to one of my favorite all time gamer, grit, get it done, leadership QB's and NFL MVP in 2002, Mr. Rich Gannon. Laugh all you want but I can see the similiarities that you won't see but are there, especially Gannon and Luck. I will break it down with Wilson here and Luck on the Luck thread soon.

NickTheGreek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rich Gannon - 2 time 1st team All Pro - 99-02 one of best Qb's in NFL 2002 MVP

Rich Gannon who has many similarities to Andrew Luck, has some of the "it" factor intangibles that I don't see in Kaep but see in both Wilson and Luck.

Rich Gannon - 2002 NFL MVP - 68% passing %, 4,700 yds, 26 tds and 10 interceptions. 50 rushes

Russell Wilson 2012 - 64% passing %, 3,118 yds, 26 tds and 10 interceptions, 94 rushers
2013 - 63% passing %, 3,315 yds, 26 tds and 9 interceptions, 96 rushers

Let's view some vintage Rich Gannon - I don't believe you have to have a pocket passer to succeed. Move around in the pocket, keep your eyes downfield, have pocket awareness, know when to run, how to command leadership. The "it" factor attributes that Gannon, Wilson and Luck have.

:16 - gannon scrambles with elusiveness to hit the game winning TD vs Jets with :27 left in the game.

:37 Going to get hit, dumps to Wheatley with instincts for the TD

:51 Quick pump fake and takes off like Andrew Luck here but still has Russell Wilson, too, as Gannon peeks over his shoulder at :57 to check blindside before going into a slide at :59.

1:28 the simple TD to the TE. Looks like Wilson to Zach Miller

1:35 Quick read but knows he has the screen game to Wheatley as the 2nd option.

1:42. Gannon hangs in the pocket. Doesn't get skittish because he knows he has time to go through his progressions and waited for Dudley to break open.

2:00 Another of the greats that steps into the pocket and delivers a strike to Dudley in stride. Very similar to Wilson with passes to Rice and Baldwin.

2:07 Pump and run to cut indy deficit to 21-7. Gritty, heads up like a Luck and Wilson.

2:16 Another run to the pylon to cut deficit to 21-14 and then a bootleg TD run to tie it up at 24-24

2:37 Hits Timmy in stride vs San Fran in O.T. and then the game winner to Timmy

3:30 beautiful crossing route to Rice for the TD. again in stride with touch. The accuracy and touch has Luck and Wilson written all over Gannon.

4:15. Nice Pump fake strong side and comes back to the weakside to Porter on a beautiful pitch and catch down the sideline for a TD. Likely froze safety and gave CB a hesitation.

5:22 Pump fake and strike to get the 2 yd separation.

Gannon was very underrated and reminds me a lot of Luck intangibles to Russell Wilson along with the touch and decisiveness on where they go with the ball.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azGHDa0rJGw]Rich Gannon - Oakland Raiders - YouTube[/ame]

NickTheGreek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rusell wilson

Ironically, from a stats view, in Gannon's 2002 MVP season, Rich completed 68% of his passes for 26 tds and 10 interceptions. Close to wilsons 63-64% and 26-10 and 26-9 TD:Int.

:42 Wilson leads Willson like Gannon hit Dudley in stride on this crossing. Decisive and nice toss.

:47 Quick release strike on a 25 yd out route. Surprising arm strength that is over looked by most.

:54 Nice p.a. with touch

1:13 More incredible gannonish touch.

1:32 Perfectly thrown ball TD pass to Baldwin. Vintage Gannon accuracy.

2:27 Consistently very little WR separation to help Wilson. NIce

3:10 Great P.A.

3:21 canny move to the outside with a strong arm throw between 2 Carolina defenders for the td.

3:33 Same play action and touch to TE for td. gannon to Dudley

3:45 The spinnarama and TD zip to sideline. Similar to Gannon at :16 vs Jets.

4:05 Decisive and howitzer shot to Rice on his read. Similar to Gannon and his quick decision to Rice for td

4:35 Unteachable movement outside the pocket vs Arizona and 40 yd accurate touch TD pass to Rice.

7:24 Baldwin

7:35 Pocket awareness and scoop to Lynch for the TD.

The intangibles, Completion %, TD:Int ratio are eerily similar between Wilson and Gannon. "It" factor. Biased in my view of Gannon, granted, but I liked the dude big time and see Luck and Wilson in the "overall" game.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNHqKEZ_Rlw]Russell Wilson Highlights 2013-2014 - YouTube[/ame]

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We thought the same thing when you left the board.

tumblr_l6r4otjLnE1qzzxybo1_500.gif

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironically, from a stats view, in Gannon's 2002 MVP season, Rich completed 68% of his passes for 26 tds and 10 interceptions. Close to wilsons 63-64% and 26-10 and 26-9 TD:Int.

:42 Wilson leads Willson like Gannon hit Dudley in stride on this crossing. Decisive and nice toss.

:47 Quick release strike on a 25 yd out route. Surprising arm strength that is over looked by most.

:54 Nice p.a. with touch

1:13 More incredible gannonish touch.

1:32 Perfectly thrown ball TD pass to Baldwin. Vintage Gannon accuracy.

2:27 Consistently very little WR separation to help Wilson. NIce

3:10 Great P.A.

3:21 canny move to the outside with a strong arm throw between 2 Carolina defenders for the td.

3:33 Same play action and touch to TE for td. gannon to Dudley

3:45 The spinnarama and TD zip to sideline. Similar to Gannon at :16 vs Jets.

4:05 Decisive and howitzer shot to Rice on his read. Similar to Gannon and his quick decision to Rice for td

4:35 Unteachable movement outside the pocket vs Arizona and 40 yd accurate touch TD pass to Rice.

7:24 Baldwin

7:35 Pocket awareness and scoop to Lynch for the TD.

The intangibles, Completion %, TD:Int ratio are eerily similar between Wilson and Gannon. "It" factor. Biased in my view of Gannon, granted, but I liked the dude big time and see Luck and Wilson in the "overall" game.

Russell Wilson Highlights 2013-2014 - YouTube

Anyone notice how half of Wilsons highlights came against the Saints and Jags? Two of the worst defenses in the league. Just sayin...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone notice how half of Wilsons highlights came against the Saints and Jags? Two of the worst defenses in the league. Just sayin...

Eh, didn't see the video, but the Saints are no wet tissue defense as of last year anyway it would appear anyways with a 19.0 PPG allowed. 4th in the NFL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, didn't see the video, but the Saints are no wet tissue defense as of last year anyway it would appear anyways with a 19.0 PPG allowed. 4th in the NFL.

I shouldn't have assumed. My bad. But still, even great defenses have an off day. 2 years ago Seattle dropped 58 on AZ and AZ still finished top 5 in total points.

It just seemed funny that play after play was against the Saints.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I shouldn't have assumed. My bad. But still, even great defenses have an off day. 2 years ago Seattle dropped 58 on AZ and AZ still finished top 5 in total points.

It just seemed funny that play after play was against the Saints.

Stuff happens of course. We will have to see what happens this year though.

Rams4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rich Gannon who has many similarities to Andrew Luck, has some of the "it" factor intangibles that I don't see in Kaep but see in both Wilson and Luck.

Rich Gannon - 2002 NFL MVP - 68% passing %, 4,700 yds, 26 tds and 10 interceptions. 50 rushes

Russell Wilson 2012 - 64% passing %, 3,118 yds, 26 tds and 10 interceptions, 94 rushers
2013 - 63% passing %, 3,315 yds, 26 tds and 9 interceptions, 96 rushers

Let's view some vintage Rich Gannon - I don't believe you have to have a pocket passer to succeed. Move around in the pocket, keep your eyes downfield, have pocket awareness, know when to run, how to command leadership. The "it" factor attributes that Gannon, Wilson and Luck have.

:16 - gannon scrambles with elusiveness to hit the game winning TD vs Jets with :27 left in the game.

:37 Going to get hit, dumps to Wheatley with instincts for the TD

:51 Quick pump fake and takes off like Andrew Luck here but still has Russell Wilson, too, as Gannon peeks over his shoulder at :57 to check blindside before going into a slide at :59.

1:28 the simple TD to the TE. Looks like Wilson to Zach Miller

1:35 Quick read but knows he has the screen game to Wheatley as the 2nd option.

1:42. Gannon hangs in the pocket. Doesn't get skittish because he knows he has time to go through his progressions and waited for Dudley to break open.

2:00 Another of the greats that steps into the pocket and delivers a strike to Dudley in stride. Very similar to Wilson with passes to Rice and Baldwin.

2:07 Pump and run to cut indy deficit to 21-7. Gritty, heads up like a Luck and Wilson.

2:16 Another run to the pylon to cut deficit to 21-14 and then a bootleg TD run to tie it up at 24-24

2:37 Hits Timmy in stride vs San Fran in O.T. and then the game winner to Timmy

3:30 beautiful crossing route to Rice for the TD. again in stride with touch. The accuracy and touch has Luck and Wilson written all over Gannon.

4:15. Nice Pump fake strong side and comes back to the weakside to Porter on a beautiful pitch and catch down the sideline for a TD. Likely froze safety and gave CB a hesitation.

5:22 Pump fake and strike to get the 2 yd separation.

Gannon was very underrated and reminds me a lot of Luck intangibles to Russell Wilson along with the touch and decisiveness on where they go with the ball.

Rich Gannon - Oakland Raiders - YouTube

How in the world can you compare Rich Gannon with Andrew Luck? REALLY!? :gaah:

NickTheGreek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How in the world can you compare Rich Gannon with Andrew Luck? REALLY!? :gaah:

Wait until I show the Luck tape and compare and contrast before you show your ignorance.

Some fans have eyes that can see the game. Same arms, same demeanor, same scrambling ability, same touch, same leadership

The differences are minimal and what is wrong with Gannon? Over that 4 year stretch there weren't many QB's better in the NFL. Ran into the stupid tuck rule and 2 of the all time great D's in the Ravens and Bucs. Gannon was underrated and a damn good QB.

When Luck is the MVP of the NFL, maybe then will Luck have reached Gannon's status and class.

Are you another UK Cowboy?

NickTheGreek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:lame: More ignorance. Saints had one of the top D's in the NFL. :lol:

Anyone with brains on this site? If so, I've yet to read it except a jake dog. Otherwise, this is a major disappointment in conversation and knowledge.