• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Who will win the NFC East?

Who will win the NFC East?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact is you said Romo, Dez and Witten, I added up Romos record over the 6 years and the record in games he started the team is 40 - 32. The funny thing is when a Cowboy fan brings up the past, we're told we can't because it's in the past, but you bring up the past and that's OK, so since you brought up the past 6 years, do you care to tell me Washington's record over that same time span?

Yup, I count 40 wins over the past 6 years, so Romo is good for just under 7 wins a season the past 6 years if that's the number you are looking for.

I think his point was including Romo's inability to stay out on the field. Maybe meaning with Romo as their franchise QB they are 46-50... Not just the days Romo can actually play but the team with those key guys as their leaders. Saying that his inability to always be out there is an issue.

Anyways, not one of those teams in this division would surprise me. No team there is "established" lots of up and downs, first to worst years there lately.

Romo healthy is a big if, but could make them my favorite to win it. Of course I think their D took a step back, but teams were playing more conservative knowing their offense without Romo wouldn't do much... IE why throw against Dallas when Romo isn't out there, because a short field for them off an INT or strip sack is about the only way they can get back in the game. And you saw that in the play. First 1/4 of the season, Dallas 23rd fewest pass attempts against them (Romo's games). Last 3/4 of the season. 1st fewest pass attempts against them. Teams were playing a lot more conservatively...

Washington we will see if that offense really can play turnover free football consistently.

Eli is looking better, and has won a couple SB's. But that team has struggled.

Philly has the guy many considered the worst coach/GM in football out of there yet was still in the lead for the division with 2 weeks left in the season.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too much talent here handicapper.

I picked the Redskins even though Dallas is better with a healthy Room. The Skins would be who i put my money on but they could EASILY come in last place. They aren't really a playoff caliber team... Its just the NFC east is down. Its not like this team is loaded with studs. It has a lot of good players but they can't win a playoff game.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, I count 40 wins over the past 6 years, so Romo is good for just under 7 wins a season the past 6 years if that's the number you are looking for.

I think his point was including Romo's inability to stay out on the field. Maybe meaning with Romo as their franchise QB they are 46-50... Not just the days Romo can actually play but the team with those key guys as their leaders. Saying that his inability to always be out there is an issue.

Anyways, not one of those teams in this division would surprise me. No team there is "established" lots of up and downs, first to worst years there lately.

Romo healthy is a big if, but could make them my favorite to win it. Of course I think their D took a step back, but teams were playing more conservative knowing their offense without Romo wouldn't do much... IE why throw against Dallas when Romo isn't out there, because a short field for them off an INT or strip sack is about the only way they can get back in the game. And you saw that in the play. First 1/4 of the season, Dallas 23rd fewest pass attempts against them (Romo's games). Last 3/4 of the season. 1st fewest pass attempts against them. Teams were playing a lot more conservatively...

Washington we will see if that offense really can play turnover free football consistently.

Eli is looking better, and has won a couple SB's. But that team has struggled.

Philly has the guy many considered the worst coach/GM in football out of there yet was still in the lead for the division with 2 weeks left in the season.
I think it point was to make Romo look like a sub 5l.500 QB, he was quick to point out Dallas' record but there's crickets chirping out of his ass when asked about the Skins record over the same time span. Why 6 years? Why Not 7 Years or 5 years? The funny part is every time Dallas fans mention history it's called BS, but when history supports others arguments then it's justified.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it point was to make Romo look like a sub 5l.500 QB, he was quick to point out Dallas' record but there's crickets chirping out of his ass when asked about the Skins record over the same time span. Why 6 years? Why Not 7 Years or 5 years? The funny part is every time Dallas fans mention history it's called BS, but when history supports others arguments then it's justified.

I think he was bringing up multiple guys there that form the base of the Dallas franchise in that time that they are still going with, I didn't think he only listed Romo there, but my bad if he did. And I don't think he said Romo's record, but Dallas' in that time with that group of players of which a few like Romo/Dez/Witten stand out. I thought it a bit odd that you only jumped on their Romo record, not the record without Dez. I guess there might be people who think that Romo/Dez/Witten have not missed a game in 6 years who may have been confusable there.

I thought he picked 6 years, because he said Romo/Dez/Witten who have now been together for... you guessed it, 6 years. Or maybe 6 years includes the entirety of the time Jason Garrett has been their head coach. I guess that's as fine as any mark for that.

And yeah the skins have had a worse record... Coaching flux, QB flux, a lack of a core group like Dallas has had in the past 6 years. I mean Dallas in all 6 years has had only one QB to lead the team when he's healthy. Washington has had 6. But despite that won the division twice as often as Dallas in that time as well.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I didn't know that Romo is in the same class as Brady and Rodgers

I picked the Redskins to win. However Romo makes a ton of difference for the Cowboys.....if they can keep him on the field.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bookies have the Cowboys as favourites with the Giants as 2nd favourites. I think the bookies have it right. Prior to the Draft and adding FA CB Josh Norman the Redskins were the outsiders. I think that was also right.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked the Redskins even though Dallas is better with a healthy Room. The Skins would be who i put my money on but they could EASILY come in last place. They aren't really a playoff caliber team... Its just the NFC east is down. Its not like this team is loaded with studs. It has a lot of good players but they can't win a playoff game.

Jackson, Reed, Norman, Kerrigan, and Galette are not studs? Cousins can only get better b/c he now has even more weapons to work with. Plus the run game was awful last year, Im sure that would get better. IF the Skins come in last then multiple injuries would have to happen.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked the Redskins to win. However Romo makes a ton of difference for the Cowboys.....if they can keep him on the field.

Sure he makes a difference but does not guarantee the Cowboys to win the division. Has anyone looked at he defensive side of the ball. lol

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not enough.

Plenty. More talent than Dallas on defense. Plus the offense is way deeper than Dallas. So it can afford a major injury where Dallas can not.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure he makes a difference but does not guarantee the Cowboys to win the division. Has anyone looked at he defensive side of the ball. lol
You keep talking like Washington is head and shoulders better. I again point to last year where this shitty Dallas D was better than Washington's. OK you all added Norman, Dallas adds Scandrick. If you take off those homer glasses you'd see both are close to being the same, not the difference you keep claiming.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep talking like Washington is head and shoulders better. I again point to last year where this shitty Dallas D was better than Washington's. OK you all added Norman, Dallas adds Scandrick. If you take off those homer glasses you'd see both are close to being the same, not the difference you keep claiming.

Actually the Skins added Norman and Galette. Plus they added safeties Nacho and Burton from Denver. No homer glasses here. If you look at both defenses in 2016 Washington is clearly better. Plus you have to deal with suspension from two of your pass rushers but you still think Dallas has the better defense. That is laughable.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the Skins added Norman and Galette. Plus they added safeties Nacho and Burton from Denver. No homer glasses here. If you look at both defenses in 2016 Washington is clearly better. Plus you have to deal with suspension from two of your pass rushers but you still think Dallas has the better defense. That is laughable.
Oh OK I forgot about Galette, that does make the Washington defense a difference maker.
:L

Dude difference making defenses are what Denver had last year, and recent Seattle Defenses. As for Norman let's tap the breaks until we see what he does without those LB's he played with, they were/are the strength of that D.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh OK I forgot about Galette, that does make the Washington defense a difference maker.
:L

Dude difference making defenses are what Denver had last year, and recent Seattle Defenses. As for Norman let's tap the breaks until we see what he does without those LB's he played with, they were/are the strength of that D.

Don't discount Norman he was a huge difference maker for the Panthers. Im not calling the Skins defense like what Denver did last year but they will be a hell of a lot better. Just look at the pass rushers and DB's and you want to compare those guys to what Dallas has? lol. Yes Galette makes a huge difference.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't discount Norman he was a huge difference maker for the Panthers. Im not calling the Skins defense like what Denver did last year but they will be a hell of a lot better. Just look at the pass rushers and DB's and you want to compare those guys to what Dallas has? lol. Yes Galette makes a huge difference.
I'm just saying tap the breaks. Philly thought they signed a prime CB last year, who like Norman had great players around him making him look better than he was. Dallas thought the same with Carr. The league is scattered with great FA's who weren't so great.