• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will be cut after the 2013 draft?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I came accross this article saying Antrel Rolle will be cut after the 2013 draft, but it's not exactly Adam Shefner.

Antrel Rolle will likely be cut after 2013 draft

Not that this is the least bit realistic, but cutting Whitner & signing him to a 1 or 2 year deal & playing Reid at SS would be like my draft high all over again.
:drool:

Any other meritless rumours about players getting cut?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm sure everyone's heard, but Mark Sanchez could be cut too. He probably won't be though; the cap savings would be almost nothing.

Back to drooling over the thought of the Giants cutting Antrel Rolle & the Niners signing him... :drool:

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure everyone's heard, but Mark Sanchez could be cut too. He probably won't be though; the cap savings would be almost nothing.

Back to drooling over the thought of the Giants cutting Antrel Rolle & the Niners signing him... :drool:

The cap savings yes. But, they would almost be guaranteed the worst record by starting Smith and or Tebow. It will also get rid of a big head ache. Then they could get the first overall pick and get Clowney.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking this would be about our 53.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I was thinking this would be about our 53.

You're probably right, but I'd happily cut Whitner in exchange for sigining Antrel Rolle if the Giants released him. That would be one scary defense.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Rolle would want to get paid & I always thought he was overrated anyway so I'll pass

You don't think Antrel Rolle at FS + Reid at SS would be a significant upgrade over Reid at FS and Whitner at SS?

That seems like it would be a decent upgrade at BOTH positions to me.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think Antrel Rolle at FS + Reid at SS would be a significant upgrade over Reid at FS and Whitner at SS?

No defiantly would be an upgrade but if we were going to give a FS 7+ million we could have kept Goldson and I think Rolle is overrated when compared to other FS

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
if we were going to give a FS 7+ million we could have kept Goldson

Not necessarily. Goldson's age meant he got a 5-year deal worth just under 42 million. Anyone who gets cut after the draft would probably sign for only 1 year, and his choices would be very limited because most teams would be pretty much capped out. The Niners would have the advantage of being able to cut Whitner, which would free up aobout 4 million if memory serves. I don't know that he'd be able to get much more than that.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many Whitner haters......:noidea:
What's with the hate?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So many Whitner haters......:noidea:
What's with the hate?

He gave up like 9 TDs last year. He's a liability in coverage. There are 2 players I hope lose their job to a younger up-and-comer this year: Whitner and Johnathan Goodwin (I'm cautiously optimistic Looney can take his job).

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cap savings yes. But, they would almost be guaranteed the worst record by starting Smith and or Tebow. It will also get rid of a big head ache. Then they could get the first overall pick and get Clowney.

I disagree if the want to suck for Clowney they just keep playing Sanchez. Sanchez is like the total opposite of Alex Smith. Alex started at the very bottom and worked his way up with improvements to his game each year. Sanchez started at the top leading the Jets to the AFC title game and has done nothing but get worst and worst each year. I don't know why anyone would think that's going to change in 2013.

With Tebow they at least have a guy that is going to fight to win because he is a competitor. Geno Smith is far more talented than Sanchez and can open up more possibilities for big plays.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe you can explain this to me? Why wouldn't the Jets keep Sanchez if it is 8.something to keep him, 12.85 to cut him as a post-June cut, or 17 million between now and next season (12 and 4.8)? Just pay the 8 play the lesser of all evils and next year release him. Is saving a possible, but ineffective complaint, worth 4+ million (12-8) to cut him before June 1st?

I must be missing something huge. What's with the choice? He counts against the cap 8 on the team and 8+ off the team.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Maybe you can explain this to me? Why wouldn't the Jets keep Sanchez if it is 8.something to keep him, 12.85 to cut him as a post-June cut, or 17 million between now and next season (12 and 4.8)? Just pay the 8 play the lesser of all evils and next year release him. Is saving a possible, but ineffective complaint, worth 4+ million (12-8) to cut him before June 1st?

I must be missing something huge. What's with the choice? He counts against the cap 8 on the team and 8+ off the team.

I don't quite get all the details either; I'm just hearing the Jets are gonna keep him on the roster. This article says more:

Mark Sanchez expensive for New York Jets to cut - NFL.com

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

the 49ers are built for now and Whitmer knows the scheme and players inside out. he'll call the adjustments since Reid is a rookie.

so the concern is if Rolle can come in and get comfortable from game 1? we already saw the effects of miscommunication in the play-offs (Julio Jones). between these two i'll stick with Whitner.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The talking heads are see him going to NE , but he might be a solution as a backup to run our run/option system..again as a backup only.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't quite get all the details either; I'm just hearing the Jets are gonna keep him on the roster. This article says more:

Mark Sanchez expensive for New York Jets to cut - NFL.com

the Jets messed up huge when they gave Sanchez this big contract in the first place. how can they not keep Sanchez this season, no cap hit choice.

sometimes we lose good players, or don't sign good FA's, but glad Baalke holds his ground on value.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way, this isnt the 1st time I have seen you putting down Whitner, he is going to be our starting SS