• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who to Root For?

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any real 49ers fan would never root for Seattle. It's not even an option. I think those that do, root more for players than teams.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman is a phenomenal corner, talks trash and backs it up and very successful off the field with regard to his education, I respect those attributes. His personality isn't for some but the way I see it, if you don't want to hear a guy talk..Beat him

I dont care how good he is or whether he can back It up, low class is low class and so is bad sportsmanship. He dissed our fanbase and deserves no respect from 49er fans.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman is a phenomenal corner, talks trash and backs it up and very successful off the field with regard to his education, I respect those attributes. His personality isn't for some but the way I see it, if you don't want to hear a guy talk..Beat him

I don't have any issues with Sherman. The dude backs it up. My issue is the fanbase. For a team that has won it all once in the history of ever, their fanbase talks like they're the fucking Yankees.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any real 49ers fan would never root for Seattle. It's not even an option. I think those that do, root more for players than teams.

I would be surprised if 1 out of 100 do. I dont know personally know anyone who is

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a team that has won it all once in the history of ever, their fanbase talks like they're the fucking Yankees.
You're also missing the part where they want the acceptance from everyone else that they have the best fanbase, an elite quarterback, they were robbed in Super Bowl XL by the refs, and that no other teams knows anything about drafting just because Seattle had a couple of great finds.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would rather drink liquid draino that root for them. I don't know how any 49er fan could possibly root for Sherman

Yep. They ate thanksgiving dinner on our logo. F@#k all of them. Especially Wilson, who not only ate turkey on the logo, but then said he wasn't trying to disrespect us. At least Sherman is mostly honest.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. They ate thanksgiving dinner on our logo. F@#k all of them. Especially Wilson, who not only ate turkey on the logo, but then said he wasn't trying to disrespect us. At least Sherman is mostly honest.

Wasn't happy about them eating turkey on the logo. Ony one way to avoid that is to beat them, It's a tall order especially what has transpired that last couple of seasons.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Pats win, Brady will match Joe, and quite possibly unseat him as being generally considered the GOAT.

If Seattle wins, well, it's Seattle.

Can we cancel the game this year?

To me Joe Cool is still the GOAT, no matter what Brady does this Sunday or for the rest of his career for that matter. A 4-0 SB record is better than 3-2. Or whatever Brady's career SB record is once he hangs up his cleats.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wasn't happy about them eating turkey on the logo. Ony one way to avoid that is to beat them, It's a tall order especially what has transpired that last couple of seasons.

No, one way to avoid it is for them to have a shred of class.

Obviously you beat them and you shut them up. But fuck Wilson acting like he's the all-American good guy and then going and doing that. It was a classless act. Poor winner. It's his right, but it makes him a dick. And saying afterward that he didn't realize it was disrespectful is a cop out.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, one way to avoid it is for them to have a shred of class.

Obviously you beat them and you shut them up. But fuck Wilson acting like he's the all-American good guy and then going and doing that. It was a classless act. Poor winner. It's his right, but it makes him a dick. And saying afterward that he didn't realize it was disrespectful is a cop out.

Brent Jones went off about it on KNBR. It was really good.

drekeeper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't get caught up in the melodramatics of the female soap operas, it's sports, teams win and teams lose, some guys that happen to not play for the team one supports are still phenomenal.

drekeeper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At the end of the day, your bolded statement is what it comes down to. If you don't want to see the guy dance, keep him out of the endzone-

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
At the end of the day, your bolded statement is what it comes down to. If you don't want to see the guy dance, keep him out of the endzone-

Sure, and look, it pisses me off that Sherman did that but I expect it of him.

For Wilson to do it and then be like, "Oh, it's no big deal. I didn't even think that would be considered disrespectful. Shucks, I'm just the nicest, sweetest guy in the whole world and I would never do anything deliberately to hurt someone's feelings" is straight BS. Sack up and call a spade a spade. The more I see of Wilson, the less I like the guy. He's a talented player, but he's hollow IMO.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What it really comes down to is how can 49er fans root for that. The answer is most will not

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Totally agree. Some will rub it on your face when they win/score and it may seem classless and lack sportsmanship, but that's their choice. Just beat them and not give them an opportunity to celebrate. I must admit that I was not surprised with Sherman's actions, but I was taken aback by Wilson. Maybe it was a poor judgment on his part.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree. Some will rub it on your face when they win/score and it may seem classless and lack sportsmanship, but that's their choice. Just beat them and not give them an opportunity to celebrate. I must admit that I was not surprised with Sherman's actions, but I was taken aback by Wilson. Maybe it was a poor judgment on his part.

The subject of this thread is who will people be rooting for. And being the low class punk he is, most 49er fans won't be rooting for any team he is on.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What it really comes down to is how can 49er fans root for that. The answer is most will not

I don't care for Sherman's antics on and off the field, but I respect his skills. He's got a loud mouth, but his play backs that up. That's what so frustrating for us Niners' fan.

drekeeper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's interesting how "fans" will hold grudges against certain players or teams or take events more personal, more so than the actual players. When the game is done some of those guys are in the clubs together regardless of the outcome, train in the off-season together, or have real life friendships. It's all sports man, best man wins, he who has more points when the final gun sounds did what they needed to do more so than the guy or team who did not-Thats my philosophy. I have no issues with Sherman or Wilson, I have no issue with them eating on the logo as we shouldn't have lost, (I'm sure most Niner fans had no issue when Owens ran to the Dallas star) I certainly respect their front office, I love the way Beast mode plays the game I think his interview antics are unprofessional but what he gives between the stripes is phenomenal. Seattle is a good ball club and right now they have the juice, and I respect that-

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's interesting how "fans" will hold grudges against certain players or teams or take events more personal, more so than the actual players. When the game is done some of those guys are in the clubs together regardless of the outcome, train in the off-season together, or have real life friendships. It's all sports man, best man wins, he who has more points when the final gun sounds did what they needed to do more so than the guy or team who did not-Thats my philosophy. I have no issues with Sherman or Wilson, I have no issue with them eating on the logo as we shouldn't have lost, (I'm sure most Niner fans had no issue when Owens ran to the Dallas star) I certainly respect their front office, I love the way Beast mode plays the game I think his interview antics are unprofessional but what he gives between the stripes is phenomenal. Seattle is a good ball club and right now they have the juice, and I respect that-

It was absolutely classless when TO ran to the star to celebrate. I probably laughed about it at the time, but TO is hardly a guy to cite when talking about class acts.

I dislike the Seahawks. Part of it is because they're division rivals and we see a lot of them. Part of it is because several guys on the team don't play or win with class. Part of it is because I lived in Seattle for almost six years and had to deal with their "fans" claiming to be so dedicated when they can only name Wilson, Lynch, and Sherman, and had never been to a game before the team got good. A big part of it is that I really dislike Carroll. And part of it is that Wilson rubs me the wrong way; I think he's phony.

At this point, they're my least favorite team in the NFL and I want to see them lose. They're great on the field, but I still want them to lose. Same as the Cowboys of the '80s and the Packers of the '90s.