• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who to Root For?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please Pats win this. Im so sick of seattle and now they have this big time lucky come back.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither....I say we do a write in.

I would go with a rematch of Oregon and tOSU.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Pats win, Brady will match Joe, and quite possibly unseat him as being generally considered the GOAT.

If Seattle wins, well, it's Seattle.

Can we cancel the game this year?

Montana was 4-0 in the SB and never threw an INT. Brady will NEVER be considered the greatest of all time. If Montana played in the era where it's illegal to touch QB's and WR's, he'd have thrown for over 100,000 yards.

Rooting for Seattle is kind of like hoping for a nuclear holocaust as far as I'm concerned.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montana was 4-0 in the SB and never threw an INT. Brady will NEVER be considered the greatest of all time. If Montana played in the era where it's illegal to touch QB's and WR's, he'd have thrown for over 100,000 yards.

Rooting for Seattle is kind of like hoping for a nuclear holocaust as far as I'm concerned.

Agree with statement big time. Also Imagine J. Rice is this era. OMG.

my2cents

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Im rooting for New England. I would rather eat poop than listen to another season of the seahawks as the champs. Plus, if New England wins, it will be tarnished as another season where they were cheating. Deflate-gate and spy-gate, they just don't win superbowls without some sort of cheating controversy. (and these are just the infractions which they have been caught).

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How could any of us ever cheer for Seattle as long as Sherman is on the team? I still don't understand how after he clearly hurt his arm the Packers never tested him. I don't think they threw a single pass at his man after that.

Yeah, they also ran the ball when Thomas went out with his injury. Awful.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im rooting for New England. I would rather eat poop than listen to another season of the seahawks as the champs. Plus, if New England wins, it will be tarnished as another season where they were cheating. Deflate-gate and spy-gate, they just don't win superbowls without some sort of cheating controversy. (and these are just the infractions which they have been caught).

:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree Montana is best of all time, but a couple counter-points.

1) Montana played in a league w/o a salary cap. It's made what Brady/BB have been able to do more impressive IMO.

2) Making it it 6 Superbowls (and going 4-2 if he wins #49) is a greater accomplishment than going 4-0.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) Montana played in a league w/o a salary cap. It's made what Brady/BB have been able to do more impressive IMO.

2) Making it it 6 Superbowls (and going 4-2 if he wins #49) is a greater accomplishment than going 4-0.

The Pats definitely know how to win in today's NFL. They do whatever it takes.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I really think that cuts both ways. Sure, there's more parity now, and it's relatively easier for teams to make or miss the playoffs in any given season. That said, once you get to the playoffs today, you aren't facing the complete rosters that Montana routinely faced. Although the bad teams were worse in that era, there's little doubt that the good teams were better.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think that cuts both ways. Sure, there's more parity now, and it's relatively easier for teams to make or miss the playoffs in any given season. That said, once you get to the playoffs today, you aren't facing the complete rosters that Montana routinely faced. Although the bad teams were worse in that era, there's little doubt that the good teams were better.

Whenever the Niners played the New York Giants in the playoffs, Joe Montana always seemed to have a bounty on him. I'm sure the Giants weren't alone in trying to take out Joe. Those were some nasty defenses that he had to get through in the 1980's.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Disagree about the 6 Superbowls. The Niners won their Superbowls in a period when the NFC was dominant, winning 15 of 16 Superbowls. The Patriots have had basically a free pass into the playoffs for much of their run. The Niners of the 80's faced much stiffer competition in just getting to the Super Bowl than the Patriots ever have.

drekeeper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll definitely be on the Seattle sideline (if you will) this Sunday. I've been tired of the Brady/Montana comparisons for awhile, Montana won Super bowls with touchdown drives, some would argue that of Brady's Super bowl wins Adam was indeed the real #MVP:whistle: Aside from that, I love the way the Legion of Boom plays D, I'ma big Sherman, Beast Mode, and Wilson guy, especially Wilson. He certainly moved up my list of players I like to watch after his performance in the clutch moments of the NFC title game and his actions after the game, major respect in that regard-

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree about the 6 Superbowls. The Niners won their Superbowls in a period when the NFC was dominant, winning 15 of 16 Superbowls. The Patriots have had basically a free pass into the playoffs for much of their run. The Niners of the 80's faced much stiffer competition in just getting to the Super Bowl than the Patriots ever have.

Also lets not remember Montana played in a era where the QB got hit and WR's and CB played physical. This NFL gives the advantage to the offense and makes life easier for the QB and WR's.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll definitely be on the Seattle sideline (if you will) this Sunday. I've been tired of the Brady/Montana comparisons for awhile, Montana won Super bowls with touchdown drives, some would argue that of Brady's Super bowl wins Adam was indeed the real #MVP:whistle: Aside from that, I love the way the Legion of Boom plays D, I'ma big Sherman, Beast Mode, and Wilson guy, especially Wilson. He certainly moved up my list of players I like to watch after his performance in the clutch moments of the NFC title game and his actions after the game, major respect in that regard-

I would rather drink liquid draino that root for them. I don't know how any 49er fan could possibly root for Sherman

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I have to choose, I want the Seahawks to win. I don't care for Lynch's antics, but I love the way he runs, especially after contact. I'm a big Wilson fan. He's so cerebral and he just seems to make plays. Don't care for Sherman, but appreciate his skiils and talent.

drekeeper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather drink liquid draino that root for them. I don't know how any 49er fan could possibly root for Sherman

Sherman is a phenomenal corner, talks trash and backs it up and very successful off the field with regard to his education, I respect those attributes. His personality isn't for some but the way I see it, if you don't want to hear a guy talk..Beat him