• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Needed Who? (Brady/Belichick/Bucs/Pats Discussion)

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but they still managed 8-8 with 2 QBs that are vastly worse than Scam Newton. That says a lot about the Steelers roster. If they had lost as many players as NE has this year, they wouldn't have gotten close to 8 wins sans Roethlisberger.

Ben would always keep them in a game regardless, team leader and gives everyone confidence, can't say the say about NE, like nobody gives a fuck. When your offense scores 6,12, 10 points last 3 weeks , how can you win?

The Wilson's, Mahomes, Rodgers, Ben's can make up a lot of the deficiency's

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots sold out last year to maybe win one more championship. It was not to be. Sure, they won the division easily, but couldn't get past the first round of the playoffs. Brady couldn't carry an aging, injured team alone.

Ariens is a good coach, too, and Tampa has a better overall team. Brady doesn't have to do it all. With Covid, he doesn't even have to sell hot dogs in the stands or beer at half time.

Belichick doesn't have a quarterback. Newton is and always has been a clown, a joke and an injury waiting to happen.

And the QB has nothing to throw to. No matter who is taking the snaps.

They'd likely be as bad with Brady.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichick has won 43% of his games in the NFL when someone other than Brady starts.

I still think he's a great coach but maybe the combo raised his status
Well if you go all the way back to Cleveland that's true. Since 2003 he's 15-10 without Brady though. QBs were Matt Cassel, Jimmy G, Jacoby Brissett, and Cam. 2-4 this year with an objectively bad roster thanks to A LOT of key guys sitting out.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is miles better at his age than Newton.

I would never argue that.

But Pats had nothing last year and it showed.

And they have even less this year and it is really showing. Even Brady couldn't win with that team and he might be hurt by now.

Instead he has a cup running over with talent to work with and an offensively minded coach. HeE made the right choice.

But BB now has to prove himself and doubters are starting to raise their heads.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben would always keep them in a game regardless, team leader and gives everyone confidence, can't say the say about NE, like nobody gives a fuck. When your offense scores 6,12, 10 points last 3 weeks , how can you win?

The Wilson's, Mahomes, Rodgers, Ben's can make up a lot of the deficiency's
Yes they can. But the Patriots have had a great roster until this year. The defense is a shell of what it used to be. Their offense has always been centered around Brady, so I get your point. But I think without Brady last year they would have been way better off than they are this year.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB needs to prove himself? :noidea:Think he could retire today and be considered best ever HC.

I regards to this thread, yes.

He's got nothing so lets's see what he does with it. I did say that if Brady was there still they'd be just as bad.

This is the most broken the team has been during his reign. Going to take a lot to fix it. Gonna need mucho pixie dust.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the QB has nothing to throw to. No matter who is taking the snaps.

They'd likely be as bad with Brady.
disagree they replaced dorsett with harry and bolden with harris other than that its the same team

cam signing was a wish and hope hes good and he never will be

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TB12 went to the Bucs because he could not survive another rebuild in NE and that Bucs team has a great defense and is loaded at the skill position. He went to where he could win now.
Edleman's good but I think Tom didn't consider it wise to stick around with the makeshift wideout crew another year. It appears that Harry was the only WR that BB has taken first round in the last 15 years. It's tough picking up sure-fire elite playmakers late in the first round (though there are exceptions), where the Pats were always positioned. Had a good run with Moss, but giving Gordon and Brown their Xth chances showed their personnel struggles at that position.

Broncoballs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can all blame Mo Lewis for 2 decades of dynasty.

Just to review..

The Pats in 2000 with what turned out to be a SB roster, went 5 and 11 with Bledsoe and were off to an 0 and 2 start in 2001 when this happened..as we all remember.

Without that, the Pats probably end up missing the playoffs again and Belichicks job would have been in jeopardy.

The answer...

Tom Brady

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
disagree they replaced dorsett with harry and bolden with harris other than that its the same team

Same as they had last year which was nothing.

And Harry is shit.

And Edleman can't get open.

Harris? Why did they draft him in the first place?

I didn't call Newton the messiah. But he's better than anything else they had.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The short and intermediate passing game has never been Cam's forte. He's never going to be as accurate on those crossing and seam routes as TB was.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can all blame Mo Lewis for 2 decades of dynasty.

Just to review..

The Pats in 2000 with what turned out to be a SB roster, went 5 and 11 with Bledsoe and were off to an 0 and 2 start in 2001 when this happened..as we all remember.

Without that, the Pats probably end up missing the playoffs again and Belichicks job would have been in jeopardy.

The answer...

Tom Brady

Bingo we have a winner !!! There was talk about Belichick's job in early 01 and if he finished below.500 again, motly likely be gone. He is below .500 in NE and 0 playoffs without Brady.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously Belichick needs Brady more than the other way around.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I blame the Patriots too much for poor drafting. They just didn't draft well enough based around the idea that Brady would still be playing. The 'Patriots way' would've been going with Jimmy Garoppolo and they sacrificed what they normally do to try and duct tape together a couple of Super Bowl runs.

I do think Sony Michel getting drafted right ahead of Lamar Jackson, Nick Chubb, Courtland Sutton and Darius Leonard was something that sets you back a few years. I also don't think Michel was viewed as better as some of those guys going into the draft imo.

N'keal Harry busting is just the nature of WRs. More than any other position you're throwing darts there. I feel like most teams would've drafted him and many analysts thought the Patriots made a fantastic pick.

The opting out thing hurt the Patriots a lot, though. At the end of the day its just football so I kinda get it. The Chiefs oline could certainly use its player that opted out, too. This was a good year for the Patriots to pack it in. They just should've done so from the start so they could tank for a QB.
Jimmy Crappollo isn't the answer either