• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is your favorite to win the NFC East This Upcoming Season?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my honest take on Dallas:

Our QB needs to prove himself
our RB has that shit behind him (I hope_) and can give 16 full games to the team
Our OL will dominate like it has
Our WR will do better without Dez crying for the ball ever defensive possession
our Defense can't be worse than most thought they were last year
Our secondary will be better than it was becuause of experience
Our DL will be better for same reason
Our LB's depend on the health of 50
TE is always a toss up but give me an extra blocker and all is well

and to wrap it all up Wentz won't play up to speed for at least the first 8 weeks, so the division is Dallas' to lose.

Fair take, other than WR, which could be the worst corps in the NFL

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny... everyone in this thread picked Philly except all 6 Cowboy fans... they all picked Dallas.
Their team fucking sucks dude. They're allowed to have mindless hope to get them through the summer though.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The upside case for Dallas would involve Allen Hurns being a capable #1 receiver, and rookies Dalton Schultz and Michael Gallup stepping up to start at TE and WR respectively.

Is that possible? Yes. Likely? No way. That's a lot of holes you would need to fill with people who have never done it before. Hurns has never been more than a decent #3/slot receiver. Counting on rookies to start is always precarious, especially mid rounders.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such a toss up.

Eagles are the best team on paper.

Cowboys should be better than they were in 2017 but they won't reach 2016 win record.

I like the Redskins talent but their management is so dysfunctional.

The Giants are a complete enigma.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The upside case for Dallas would involve Allen Hurns being a capable #1 receiver, and rookies Dalton Schultz and Michael Gallup stepping up to start at TE and WR respectively.

Is that possible? Yes. Likely? No way. That's a lot of holes you would need to fill with people who have never done it before. Hurns has never been more than a decent #3/slot receiver. Counting on rookies to start is always precarious, especially mid rounders.
I'll admit replacing Dez and Witten won't be easy, but riding tha team of Dez's drops and constant complaining will be a plus. I've said all along the team needs to find a field stretcher and use Dez for short routes. Gallup should easily fill that role. Witten is a different story, I don't know if they replaced him or not, but we can all admit 2017 Witten was no where near the Witten we fell in love with, I'd think 2018 Witten would have taken another step back. Again both are big shoes to fill, but not nearly impossible as some want us to believe.

Let me add, one thing Gallup brings to the table Dez never did. He runs correct routes.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Allen Hurns seeing the opponents best coverage corner could turn into an absolute disaster, in Jacksonville, teams didnt go out of their way to put their best cover man on Hurns, In Dallas, theres' no reason not to do that...Gallup could be good or completely suck, thats a total coinflip right now

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of see Dallas and Washington as sleepers in the NFC, but will have a hard time competing with Philly unless Foles had to start a whole season or something like that; and even then that Philly team is really good. Of course now that I say that all the Eagles will drop like flies and go 6-10 with bad juju magic just to make my head explode.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My rankings:

Eagles
Redskins
Giants
Cowboys

I think the Eagles remain the most talented team in the division, top to bottom. They have the fewest question marks going into next season and I would be shocked if they were not at least a winning team.

People are sleeping on the Native Americans. Alex Smith is not exciting but he wins regular season games. If Derrius Guice can be a workhorse back for them, they could surprise.

The Giants' season hinges on that OL. If the addition of Nate Solder at LT helps that line become respectable, they could be pretty decent offensively. Eli can still play when he gets protection but he makes horrible decisions under pressure. Odell in a contract year will put up numbers.

Dallas has major question marks on defense and offense. Their receiving corps is the worst in the division by far without Dez and Witten now. I am not a fan of Dak, but in fairness, he has little to work with other than Zeke now. Defensively, they have some good young talent in the secondary but the interior DL and LB corps is still weak. I see a losing season in Dallas.

Dallas will have a WR that puts up more yards than any Eagles WR.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair take, other than WR, which could be the worst corps in the NFL

I'll admit we don't have a stud WR there, at least doesn't appear to. However, Dak was under pressure to force the ball to Dez (so he could alligator arm it). Dak won't have that pressure from anyone on the team now. The offense is now 100% Dak's.

That means he has no excuses, but also means he can just look for the open guy and not the one that will bitch if he doesn't target him 10 times a game.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny... everyone in this thread picked Philly except all 6 Cowboy fans... they all picked Dallas.

That's because the 6 Dallas fans have been fans for a long time, and everyone knows that you don't repeat as NFCE champs.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because the 6 Dallas fans have been fans for a long time, and everyone knows that you don't repeat as NFCE champs.

Again... if Dallas won the SB, had a top 5 OLine and DLine, a superstar QB and crushed Philly by 30 last year and we all picked Philly you guys would laugh at us.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again... if Dallas won the SB, had a top 5 OLine and DLine, a superstar QB and crushed Philly by 30 last year and we all picked Philly you guys would laugh at us.

Again, your "superstar" QB won't start the season and even when he does he is not going to be 100% for most (if not the entire) season. You don't come back from that and be fully confident in it right out of the gate.
We have a top 2 OL and our defense, of which everyone will quickly point out had a below-average secondary, gave up a whopping 180 more yards over the entire season. So is it a top 5 DL? No. But it isn't like your defense is light years ahead of ours.

However, I guess the last team to repeat as NFCE champs was the Eagles...15 years ago.

This division isn't like others, it's tough to repeat as champs even if you did have your actual starting QB.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
favorite as in going into the season?
has to be the returning champs....doesn't it?

As a great alpha male said once

"To be the man, you have beat the man"

kWN48.gif

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However, Dak was under pressure to force the ball to Dez (so he could alligator arm it). Dak won't have that pressure from anyone on the team now. The offense is now 100% Dak's.

It's so cute that you actually believe Dez was holding back some great young QB.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's so cute that you actually believe Dez was holding back some great young QB.

It's cute that now that Dallas has cut him so many people want to forget what a diva he was or claim that they will suck without his dominating presence. :loco2: