• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is the player you don't want your team to draft?

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is being mocked to your team.

For the 49ers it is Arik Armstead.

Dude can't play football. He is big and that is all he has. He has no technique, takes plays off, misses tackles, and he gets dominated by any skilled OL. He is not worth a second round pick let alone a mid-first round. If he is who the 49ers draft i will be pissed.

I would rather over draft someone who can play now make an immediate impact or draft a skilled player that usually takes a year or two to develop (WR or CB) over an offensive or defensive lineman who is not NFL ready in the first round.

If drafted by the 49ers he will bust out of the NFL within 2 years and be just like Kentwan Balmer. A backup somewhere for a year then out of the league.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trae Waynes is overrated

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gregory

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles

Mariota

Please no.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariota should be an auto answer for anyone in the 1st round. Seattle isn't drafting until the 2nd, but I'd have to say..

Some random CB that is currently a 4th-5th round projection. Seattle will state that they 'fell in love with his attitude on the field/locker room and we feel he wouldn't be there in the 3rd round' while the guy (much like most of their early picks spare Thomas who was in a LOADED class) ends up being a waste of field in no time.

Seattle just needs to trade rounds 1-3 for other players/more late picks since that's the only thing they draft well. I guess Golden Tate was a success but we had to mortgage that for Percy dumb**** Harvin.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen seen some mocks that have Denver going with an ILB or a TE with their 28th overall pick. Who knows, maybe the BPA at that pick will be an ILB or a TE? I know that I won't be as excited about such a pick on draft day as I will if we go with a 3-4 OLB or an OT. That opinion, of course, might change in a year or three.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Half the players in the 1st round mock draft are busts. Trust nobody!

I was watching an interview with Trent Dilfer and he was talking about how even though he is a draft analyst, he doesn't like making draft predictions. He said that he's been around long enough to know that almost all of the players that are endlessly talked about before the draft will be out of the league soon, and guys who nobody knows anything about will be making plays to win games. He basically said that even though he's paid to do it, it's a total waste of time and he has a hard time getting in to it

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching an interview with Trent Dilfer and he was talking about how even though he is a draft analyst, he doesn't like making draft predictions. He said that he's been around long enough to know that almost all of the players that are endlessly talked about before the draft will be out of the league soon, and guys who nobody knows anything about will be making plays to win games. He basically said that even though he's paid to do it, it's a total waste of time and he has a hard time getting in to it

Yep...I agree with Dilfer...projecting HS players to the CFB level is hard enough...projecting CFB player to the NFL is probably harder because they're all talented...trying to determine who really wants to be a great player is not something you can always get right.

JaMarcus Russell is now the poster boy for NFL busts, but from Tony Manderich to Ryan Leaf you just never know what's truly inside of a person.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For my Vikings: Brandon Scherff

Guy is a dirty player who got the press he got beating up on 180lb DB's. I don't think he is going to be able to transition to LG as easily as people think and will struggle against NFL power.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trae Waynes is overrated

I feel the same way but the Vikes at #11 are in such a bad spot if the WR's fall off the board where he would still be the best of a pretty bad bunch.

Pretty thin draft at the top this year IMO. Team's drafting in the #8-#15 range are getting a lot less value than they normally would most years.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For my Vikings: Brandon Scherff

Guy is a dirty player who got the press he got beating up on 180lb DB's. I don't think he is going to be able to transition to LG as easily as people think and will struggle against NFL power.
He is #2 on my list. Reminds me of Jake Matthews. Won't be able to last outside and won't be able to maul NFL sized players.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...I agree with Dilfer...projecting HS players to the CFB level is hard enough...projecting CFB player to the NFL is probably harder because they're all talented...trying to determine who really wants to be a great player is not something you can always get right.

JaMarcus Russell is now the poster boy for NFL busts, but from Tony Manderich to Ryan Leaf you just never know what's truly inside of a person.
Not too long ago on the NFL Network, they listed the top 10 UDFA's of all time. It was a who's who of HOF'rs.
The draft is a total crap shoot, yet some teams are better at it than others.