• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is the best receiving KC TE of all time?

Who is the best KC receiving TE of all time.

• I'm a Chief's fan and it's Tony G

• I'm a Chief's fan and it's Travis Kelce

• Tony G

• Travis Kelce

Results are only viewable after voting.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an excellent point. Gonzales never had a QB as good and innovative as Mahomes.

On the other hand, how good would Kelce be if Matt Cassell or Alex Smith was the QB?
smith was his qb for 4 yrs
307 rec
3900 yds
22 tds

good not great

mahomie is definitely an upgrade:suds:

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree with the gist that Kelce has a ways to go, TG was on some really great offenses. I remember a struggling Chiefs team absolutely demolishing the Ravens when they had Ray Lewis and Ed Reed just because their oline was so stout. Atlanta also had some great weapons.

When all is said and done, I suspect Gronk will be the TE everyone should pick 'in their prime' and Tony G will be the best TE of all time. Kelce will probably be compared to Antonio Gates
gonzo was also on some bad Os from 06-12 but rest of your post is spot on :suds:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an excellent point. Gonzales never had a QB as good and innovative as Mahomes.

On the other hand, how good would Kelce be if Matt Cassell or Alex Smith was the QB?
He'd do just fine with Smith. He was productive immediately with Smith off of microfracture he first year in what was essentially his "rookie" year despite being on a team with no WR TD's. Kelce's greatest strength by far is his routerunning. Cassell probably would also put up numbers. Dwayne Bowe put up numbers with Cassel even. With that said, Kelce's year to year TD total would be severely capped. And it kinda was with Alex Smith, and Hill probably capped it to an extent as well.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
smith was his qb for 4 yrs
307 rec
3900 yds
22 tds

good not great

mahomie is definitely an upgrade:suds:
Yep. Went from low volume passing game with Smith (and low air yards) to a high volume passing game with Mahomes. Kelce was always efficient, remarkably so given he came off a microfracture his rookie year. He's got some Frank Gore shit going to have an injury that nasty and seemingly never miss a game since then.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a tough call. I'm still sticking with Tony G but I'm thinking if he stays healthy, when all is said and done, Kelce may be the best "receiving" TE of all time