• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who, instead of Ebron?

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's already an ugly situation anyways. and really gives a FUCK about feelings or ugliness. Fairley was a known lazy-ass before being drafted. You need 4 DT's for rotation. When the best DT in this draft is available and you have 3 expiring contracts you take a look at drafting that player, who projects to be just like Geno Atkins...

I respect you as a person, your opinion and thought process but you have a tendency to spin your wants, desires for receivers as much as defensive guys do towards that side of the ball, then fail to see where we are coming from...

I must be missing something here. Where do I come off as not respecting other peoples opinions?

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys already have one of the best offenses in the league
All those passing yards got us an average of 24 pts a game, 13th in the league. We failed many times to sustain drives or score in the red zone. Our offense still has work to do, Stafford as well.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the world is ending. I just think it was a brutal pick by the Lions front office. I can't even say I am surprised, as they drafted Pettigrew at #20 about 5 years ago.

I think Ebron will be a solid player and think he is a better option in the passing game than Pettigrew. He is strictly a pass catching TE though. Unless Detroit decides to run a 2 TE set every down -- Ebron will be on the sideline for quite a few plays every game. If Detroit is going to run a 2 TE set every down, why use cap space to sign a fullback?

I just learned today that Graham only plays 66% percent of the snaps in N.O.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and everyone is automatically expecting, almost guaranteeing it will happen, Stafford is better than in the past, because we have Caldwell, Lombardi, Jim Bob pootie-tang as a QB coach. there are no guarantees just assumptions. If Stafford would have gave a fuck about improving, he'd done it before last year. Brady had his own QB coach-Mentor, Martinez who died last year, since he was in high-school. Manning has his brother, father and is a near-perfectionist to try to become better. What does Matty do to improve himself ?

We can go with Orlovski or trade up for Carr.....or draft Savage.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm -- so Vernon Davis was much faster, much stronger, almost had a foot higher vertical leap, but Ebron is a better athlete? Maybe he has watched Ebron and Davis play sports other than football and that is what he means by more athletic. Maybe Ebron is a better golfer and bowler than Vernon Davis and that is what Mayock means.

I can't vouche for the hands of Vernon Davis, but a guy who dropped over 11% of the balls thrown his way in college, as Ebron did -- I find it hard to argue he has better hands than anyone.

I'm just curious to hear from Micro and Lionstop -- What about Ebron makes him more athletic than Vernon Davis?

I never made that statement but it could be true.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hopeful for Ebron @ 15...imo he's a matchup nightmare if used as these hybrid TE/WR are being used...especially in the RZ.

You can't run a base DEF with 2 CB & 2 S with him on the field unless you have an outstanding LB with speed or an all pro type SS.

No need to explain. He's not a defensive player.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lionstop1 said:
We can go with Orlovski or trade up for Carr.....or draft Savage.

Why not Spend a 2nd rd pick on drafting a QB that won't see the light of day, even if Staffy got hurt.

:laugh3:

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just spitballing here, but would you guys trade a 5th rounder to philly for brandon graham. Really doesnt fit the system there, and they really don't want him

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just spitballing here, but would you guys trade a 5th rounder to philly for brandon graham. Really doesnt fit the system there, and they really don't want him

You just got hammered by about 50 spitballs from Jacksonville.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big_Blue_72 said:
It's already an ugly situation anyways. and who really gives a FUCK about feelings or ugliness. Fairley was a known lazy-ass before being drafted. You need 4 DT's for rotation. When the best DT in this draft is available and you have 3 expiring contracts you take a look at drafting that player, who projects to be just like Geno Atkins...

I respect you as a person, your opinion and thought process but you have a tendency to spin your wants, desires for receivers as much as defensive guys do towards that side of the ball, then fail to see where we are coming from...

lionstop1 said:
I must be missing something here. Where do I come off as not respecting other peoples opinions?

It must be me, only, LionStop1, cuz nowhere in my comment, did I state that you do not respect others opinions. I clearly stated the highlighted above. Where exactly do you see the words, "you do not respect others opinion", coming from me ? You're reading into things that were not stated. You made a case for Ebron as to why "you felt he was deserving of the pick at #10" but discounted others opinions for a different player, mostly us defensive guys, when the likes of Donald, Dennard, Fuller, Dix, Pryor and whomever was brought up. "You stated they did not provide value as a pick at #10. Our eyes told us different than yours did. Opinions vary, Greatly, obviously. It doesn't make any of us wrong either. You may not see any of those players as a value at #10 but others do. Many in here do not see the value of a strictly pass catching TE (hopefully he can catch Staffy's 103 m.p.h. fastballs) at #10. You did not once state a defensive player you thought they should or could have drafted at #10, outside of players already gone. So, in essence, I guess all these scouts, analysts who make up Big Boards were all wrong in grading other players, many defensive, above Ebron.

I do not have an issue with who you like or the fact it is was an offensive player. I do have an issue when you make claims that other players, still sitting there from the defense side of the ball, were not worthy of a #10 pick. I'm not wasting my time going back through 1000 posts to prove otherwise because I read all responses and remember many of yours.

We all have opinions and that's all they are. My comment regarding you spinning shit is exactly that and nothing more. You made claims as to why Ebron was the best choice for this team considering players already drafted. we made claims to who we thought "should have been drafted."

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All those passing yards got us an average of 24 pts a game, 13th in the league. We failed many times to sustain drives or score in the red zone. Our offense still has work to do, Stafford as well.

Detroit's issues offensively were leading the league in dropped passes by a wide margin, leading the league in fumbles lost by running backs and a QB who threw too many interceptions in the 2nd half of the year.

Does any know where Detroit ranked in red zone scoring efficiency? I have no clue and don't have the time to look it up. Just wondering where we ranked.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It must be me, only, LionStop1, cuz nowhere in my comment, did I state that you do not respect others opinions. I clearly stated the highlighted above. Where exactly do you see the words, "you do not respect others opinion", coming from me ? You're reading into things that were not stated. You made a case for Ebron as to why "you felt he was deserving of the pick at #10" but discounted others opinions for a different player, mostly us defensive guys, when the likes of Donald, Dennard, Fuller, Dix, Pryor and whomever was brought up. "You stated they did not provide value as a pick at #10. Our eyes told us different than yours did. Opinions vary, Greatly, obviously. It doesn't make any of us wrong either. You may not see any of those players as a value at #10 but others do. Many in here do not see the value of a strictly pass catching TE (hopefully he can catch Staffy's 103 m.p.h. fastballs) at #10. You did not once state a defensive player you thought they should or could have drafted at #10, outside of players already gone. So, in essence, I guess all these scouts, analysts who make up Big Boards were all wrong in grading other players, many defensive, above Ebron.

I do not have an issue with who you like or the fact it is was an offensive player. I do have an issue when you make claims that other players, still sitting there from the defense side of the ball, were not worthy of a #10 pick. I'm not wasting my time going back through 1000 posts to prove otherwise because I read all responses and remember many of yours.

We all have opinions and that's all they are. My comment regarding you spinning shit is exactly that and nothing more. You made claims as to why Ebron was the best choice for this team considering players already drafted. we made claims to who we thought "should have been drafted."

My mistake. Its true that I didnt really see a defensive player worthy of that 10 spot, but my opinion doesn't mean anything. I didnt like Dix, Donald or Pryor there.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lionstop1 said:
My mistake. Its true that I didnt really see a defensive player worthy of that 10 spot, but my opinion doesn't mean anything. I didnt like Dix, Donald or Pryor there.

Not true at all.

I have mad, mad respect for you as a poster in here, as I do most others too.

1) I like the fact you stick to your guns with who you think is deserving at ? slot # ? for a pick
2) You're precise in writings for your analytical views on how you perceive certain situations
3) You usually think outside the box no matter what the topic (example; Ebron all over the field, not just being a TE solely).
4) You're not demonstrative. Maybe viewed as hard-headed at times bit I think we all can be.
5) Pretty positive regarding any situation, even if the pick would have been defensive oriented, is what I would have expected from you. Maybe a "I don't really like that pick but here how we can use player x :clap: :nod:

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true at all.

I have mad, mad respect for you as a poster in here, as I do most others too.

1) I like the fact you stick to your guns with who you think is deserving at ? slot # ? for a pick
2) You're precise in writings for your analytical views on how you perceive certain situations
3) You usually think outside the box no matter what the topic (example; Ebron all over the field, not just being a TE solely).
4) You're not demonstrative. Maybe viewed as hard-headed at times bit I think we all can be.
5) Pretty positive regarding any situation, even if the pick would have been defensive oriented, is what I would have expected from you. Maybe a "I don't really like that pick but here how we can use player x :clap: :nod:

I wouldve looked at what the player could bring to the team instead of bashing him because I didnt agree. Ive decided to roll with their decisions and not have a opinion until I see it on the field. i honestly think the fans view the defense a bit differenty than the team does.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In a heart beat. He's been a disappointment for the Eagles so far, but, as you said, he's not a for what they run, so that impacts his production for sure. He's shown enough pass rush ability at the NFL level to merit giving up a 5th rounder for, imo.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just learned today that Graham only plays 66% percent of the snaps in N.O.

Are you sure that it isn't 66% of the plays Graham is on the field, he lines up as a wideout?