• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who, instead of Ebron?

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of you guys know a hell of a lot more about the prospects than I do. I don't follow the college game closely. That said, the best defensive player available aside from NT/DT. The answer to improving the offense is Stafford playing a hell of a lot better than he did most of last year. Unless Ebron turns out to be Jimmy Graham.v2... and even if he does Staff just has to be better, much better.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just giving you shit. Calvin played 877 offensive snaps. 77.4% of our plays. Neither was as much as Durham...... Craziness. (936, 82.6%.)

Out of 1125 snaps you would think Durham would stick out more beside his drops... I would love to see a replacement picked up.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of 1125 snaps you would think Durham would stick out more beside his drops... I would love to see a replacement picked up.

Stunned that he played that much. Never would have guessed. And Im hoping Ebron steals a good number of those snaps.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ebron can fill the same role as CJ when he's on sidelines for a breather.

Indeed.

Lions can line up with Ebron and Tate out wide, with Pettigrew in tight.
Lions can line up with Ebron and Tate out wide, Bush in the slot.
Lions can line up in a run formation with Fauria in tight on the left, Pettigrew tight on the right, with Ebron wide. No Tate or CJ.
Lions can line up with Tate wide, Ebron in the slot, while shifting Bush out wide to the other side.

All that and more....without CJ.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stunned that he played that much. Never would have guessed. And Im hoping Ebron steals a good number of those snaps.

Durham might not even make the team now.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol.

Its true. Ebron being a hybrid WR/TE, Lions can use one of the WR spots for something else.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the boner you got. I see you feel a little different but the same on Durham.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durham has become my Rugburn.... I wish he gets 0% of the snaps this upcoming season.

Im with you there. Instead of pics of Jimbo it's pics of Staff. And I bet he has a ton of 'em. (Some9ers fan tried telling me that we had out #2 for years to come in him. He must just remember that one MNF grab in Durhams first game with us, idk.)

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just when I thought you had taken off the glasses... He adds a another weapon but will not demand rolled coverage his direction.

No, nor will he get triple-covered. But he offers the big bodied athletic WR that a lot of the plays in our scheme rely on due to the presence of CJ.

Ebron is no CJ, but he can function in a lot of the same roles if need be. Not nearly as big of a threat in those roles, obviously, but still demands double coverage, or at least a zone shadow simply because of his size and athleticism. Will beat one-on-one coverage against smaller CBs.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im with you there. Instead of pics of Jimbo it's pics of Staff. And I bet he has a ton of 'em. (Some9ers fan tried telling me that we had out #2 for years to come in him. He must just remember that one MNF grab in Durhams first game with us, idk.)

He did make a awesome grab in the Dallas comeback, last drive. Like I said in 94% of sanps that is the only memory (good) I have of him.

Last edited by a moderator:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durham might not even make the team now.

Agreed. I think Ebron eliminates the 6th WR spot, not the 3rd TE. I think we roll with 4 TEs: 2 in-line guys in Pettigrew and Williams, and 2 glorified giant slot WRs in Ebron and Fauria.

Since both Ebron and Fauria truly fill the role of slot WR we don't need a 6th WR to fill that same spot.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, nor will he get triple-covered. But he offers the big bodied athletic WR that a lot of the plays in our scheme rely on due to the presence of CJ.

Ebron is no CJ, but he can function in a lot of the same roles if need be. Not nearly as big of a threat in those roles, obviously, but still demands double coverage, or at least a zone shadow simply because of his size and athleticism. Will beat one-on-one coverage against smaller CBs.

I am with you now. I also read Lionstop1 post. I was coming from angle of homerism not what you meant. Sorry sir....

Last edited by a moderator:

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin Johnson
Golden Tate
Eric Ebron
Ross
Broyles

Pettigrew
Fauria
Williams

That looks pretty damn good and if Ross and/or Broyles can be effective, the Lions could be a very big problem. Think about adding someone like Norwood or Bryant.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he will be used in the CJ role, on the outside, if CJ goes down with any type of injury, but I just don't see demanding double coverage. CJ is in a class of his own, as he can run past you and if the ball is under thrown or just flat out thrown up for grabs -- his length and leaping ability lets his jump over anyone.

Ebron has length, but he has a very pedestrian vertical (32 inches), so he isn't going to jump over many NFL CBs or LBs, a la Calvin Johnson. Unfortunately -- Stafford seems to throw a lot of contested balls in the air the Calvin Johnson and more times than not -- he wins those battles. Unless Ebron plays faster than the 4.6 he ran at the combine -- He is going to have a lot of contested balls on seam routes, as everyone in the back 7 in the NFL can run it seems.

He can definitely use his big body to box out smaller players though, so that is something the Lions could definitely take advantage of if teams try to cover him with CB. Hopefully he is a polished route runner and Detroit can take advantage of teams that try to cover him with a LB or Safety.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin Johnson
Golden Tate
Eric Ebron
Ross
Broyles

Pettigrew
Fauria
Williams

That looks pretty damn good and if Ross and/or Broyles can be effective, the Lions could be a very big problem. Think about adding someone like Norwood or Bryant.

I honestly think Corey Fuller could sneak into that 5th WR spot. He's got more upside than Durham or Ogletree. He came in awfully raw, and he still has two years of p-squad eligibility left, so maybe he still gets more time stashed away, but he's got the height, speed, and overall athleticism to be a good deep threat for us in a limited reserve role.