• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who, instead of Ebron?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can definitely use his big body to box out smaller players though, so that is something the Lions could definitely take advantage of if teams try to cover him with CB. Hopefully he is a polished route runner and Detroit can take advantage of teams that try to cover him with a LB or Safety.

This one reason I started liking the pick. Lombardi comes close to showing he learned from Payton. Him and Tate will truly help take the heat off CJ. Teams will still try and DT CJ. Linehan had no clue how to exploit it, if he did the guys could not execute it. I sure I never noticed.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think Corey Fuller could sneak into that 5th WR spot. He's got more upside than Durham or Ogletree. He came in awfully raw, and he still has two years of p-squad eligibility left, so maybe he still gets more time stashed away, but he's got the height, speed, and overall athleticism to be a good deep threat for us in a limited reserve role.

Fuller only has one year left. Was he on IR last year or PS. Only get 2 years for PS.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he will be used in the CJ role, on the outside, if CJ goes down with any type of injury, but I just don't see demanding double coverage. CJ is in a class of his own, as he can run past you and if the ball is under thrown or just flat out thrown up for grabs -- his length and leaping ability lets his jump over anyone.

Ebron has length, but he has a very pedestrian vertical (32 inches), so he isn't going to jump over many NFL CBs or LBs, a la Calvin Johnson. Unfortunately -- Stafford seems to throw a lot of contested balls in the air the Calvin Johnson and more times than not -- he wins those battles. Unless Ebron plays faster than the 4.6 he ran at the combine -- He is going to have a lot of contested balls on seam routes, as everyone in the back 7 in the NFL can run it seems.

He can definitely use his big body to box out smaller players though, so that is something the Lions could definitely take advantage of if teams try to cover him with CB. Hopefully he is a polished route runner and Detroit can take advantage of teams that try to cover him with a LB or Safety.

You speak in so many absolutes. Just because Ebron had a 32' verticle leap, doesnt mean he cant jump higher or even win contested balls. Getting position is a great part of that. And a lot of times, these players play a lot faster on the field, especially when they are getting chased or their level of aggression picks up.

Ebron wont command double coverage until he proves no one can cover hom one on one. But I can see some instances where teams may roll coverage towards him.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, during Caldwell's press conference, he did state, as a coach, that he didnt know how teams would be able to cover Ebron. Teams cannot commit their top resources to him and barely their second. Ebron will be looking at LBs, nickel CBs and S who are all smaller guys.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You speak in so many absolutes. Just because Ebron had a 32' verticle leap, doesnt mean he cant jump higher or even win contested balls. Getting position is a great part of that. And a lot of times, these players play a lot faster on the field, especially when they are getting chased or their level of aggression picks up.

Ebron wont command double coverage until he proves no one can cover hom one on one. But I can see some instances where teams may roll coverage towards him.

What absolutes did I use?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because Ebron had a 32' verticle leap, doesnt mean he cant jump higher or even win contested balls. Getting position is a great part of that. And a lot of times, these players play a lot faster on the field, especially when they are getting chased or their level of aggression picks up.

I never said he couldn't win contested balls. And I even mentioned how he can use his big body to box out smaller players, so not sure why you mentioned that.

As far as player faster than his 40 time. I don't think there is a single player in the NFL who can play faster than their 40 time. NFL equipment weighs roughly 15-20 lbs, so I'm guessing you aren't going to see anyone running faster than running in spandex at the combine.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know for a fact --

What followed that was an actual fact. The 66% of his snaps on offense, he lined up out wide. That is the only reason I asked about if the 66% Lionstop mentioned was his snaps as a WR.

That is the argument he is using for getting tagged as WR instead of a TE.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never noticed...

Noticed, i was just playing. The one difference between you and trust me is that he posts a billion posts on the same thing so it gets old. I agree with him a lot, but dont need to hear the same thing constantly and that goes for anyone.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All those passing yards got us an average of 24 pts a game, 13th in the league. We failed many times to sustain drives or score in the red zone. Our offense still has work to do, Stafford as well.

That had a lot to do with turnovers.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just when I thought you had taken off the glasses... He adds a another weapon but will not demand rolled coverage his direction.

Ebron will come nowhere close to demanding the attentioon cj does, i agree.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What bothers me most about the Ebron pick is that it smacks of an OC needing a certain player for his system. Just what I wanted. Another fucking 'system' guy.

Why won't they hire the OC and DC that say, "Just get me the best talent available. I'll make the system fit the talent."

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would drafting a OT smack of? Drafting Donald or Dennard wouldve smacked of Austin needing a player like them to fit their system.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What bothers me most about the Ebron pick is that it smacks of an OC needing a certain player for his system. Just what I wanted. Another fucking 'system' guy.

Why won't they hire the OC and DC that say, "Just get me the best talent available. I'll make the system fit the talent."

Aren't all the new coaches going after the players they need to fit their system? Are you also incenuating that Lombardi tells Mayhew what to do?

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would drafting a OT smack of? Drafting Donald or Dennard wouldve smacked of Austin needing a player like them to fit their system.

Dennard, yes. OT or Donald, no. OTs and DTs dominate the top ten along with DEs and QBs.