• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who, instead of Ebron?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, that's %of plays. He's not BP when it comes to % of plays. FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2013 NFL SNAP COUNTS

Where am I supposed to look on the site you posted? I see a week by week breakdown and I just looked at a couple weeks and he played 88% of the snaps in week 13 and 79% in week 14.

I know for a fact -- 66% of his snap while on the field, he lines up as a wide out, as that is the argument he is using to try and get tagged as a WR. I just can't see him only being on the field for only 66% of the plays for NO though, as a whole -- that seems really low.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can't get that site to load the yearly totals? every time i pick i select NO, TE, ALL, I try to put in the year and it resets back to the damn QB's for week 21.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where am I supposed to look on the site you posted? I see a week by week breakdown and I just looked at a couple weeks and he played 88% of the snaps in week 13 and 79% in week 14.

I know for a fact -- 66% of his snap while on the field, he lines up as a wide out, as that is the argument he is using to try and get tagged as a WR. I just can't see him only being on the field for only 66% of the plays for NO though, as a whole -- that seems really low.

You want me to hold your hand thru this Mike? Look at snap counts for 2013, all weeks, TEs. (Jimmy Graham is 19th at his position in total number of snaps. 22nd in percentage of snaps. I havent checked wide receiver numbers lately. Tony Gonzalez was first in total snaps. Jason Witten in % of offensive stats. (Hes a fucking machine.))You're going to see him being on the field 66% of the plays when you do that.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints do a lot of different things man. They use Graham in a very effective way.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why give up on Waddle? He is what the fans have been asking for.

It is not giving up on Waddle it would have been upgrading with Lewan. The Lions would have been set at the most important positions on the Oline with three good tackles that could switch in the need of injuries.

Not my first choice but a better option than a total luxury pick. Ebron will not have more yards than Beckham or more catches than Lee in my opinion. The best TEs do not equal very good #1 receivers.

I would hope Ebron was the fall back after the trade for Watkins was to expensive, Mack didn't slide, Tampa didn't pass on Evans, and the Vikings shocked the shit out of Mayhew with Barr. But I get the feeling Ebron was their guy all along and that what makes this an awful pick. If I was a fly on the wall and knew trading down wasn't an option and Barr was the pick I would feel better.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want me to hold your hand thru this Mike? Look at snap counts for 2013, all weeks, TEs. (Jimmy Graham is 19th at his position in total number of snaps. 22nd in percentage of snaps. I havent checked wide receiver numbers lately. Tony Gonzalez was first in total snaps. Jason Witten in % of offensive stats. (Hes a fucking machine.))You're going to see him being on the field 66% of the plays when you do that.

I believe you -- I was just trying to figure out how to get it to work, as I was interested to see how it broke down for other players as well.

I don't know what I was doing wrong yesterday -- as I said, every time I tried to load the year, it would reset back to QB's for week 21. I was just trying to figure out what I was doing wrong.

That is very interesting though to see him only on the field for 66% of the plays. I wonder how often someone like Calvin Johnson is on the field. I'll have to take a look at that site and see if I can get it figured out later. TY for posting that.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin Johnson was on the field for 90% of the time when he was healthy. Reading the material, that's a major concern for the Lions as they would like to cut that down. That was one of the reasons they liked Ebron so much. We had this discussion a while back about CJ getting some rest but everyone seemed to think that was crazy. Star players need rest too.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any consensus on what a good rate for a guy like CJ is? How high of a percentage are we targeting? Is 85% good, too low, too high? I really have no idea, to be honest. Ideally you want him in there as much as possible, but more plays off mixed in should help keep him healthier over the course of the season...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin Johnson was on the field for 90% of the time when he was healthy.

That is why I was trying to get the yearly stats to work for Graham. I wanted to see if 66% was the norm for him or if it had to with the fact he left a couple games injured, as he battled a partially torn planter fascia last year and tried playing thru it.

I can't get the yearly stats to work. I'm just curious if he played the same amount in 2012 as well.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any consensus on what a good rate for a guy like CJ is?

The other reason I was trying to get the yearly stats to work. I honestly want to see what the norm is for the top players in the league. I've never really paid attention to anything like that before. So I have no idea what is a solid number for a player?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I HAVE to be doing something wrong. Every time I try to get the yearly stats and hit update, it takes me back to Week 21 for QBs Can someone get it to load the yearly stats and post that link, please?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is why I was trying to get the yearly stats to work for Graham. I wanted to see if 66% was the norm for him or if it had to with the fact he left a couple games injured, as he battled a partially torn planter fascia last year and tried playing thru it.

I can't get the yearly stats to work. I'm just curious if he played the same amount in 2012 as well.

2012 62.7% so no sir... tryign to see if it just loads the page I had loaded
FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2012 NFL SNAP COUNTS

I went up top hit 2012
put team (ALL)
week (ALL)
TE
hit submit works everytime any position i want

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I HAVE to be doing something wrong. Every time I try to get the yearly stats and hit update, it takes me back to Week 21 for QBs Can someone get it to load the yearly stats and post that link, please?

Put the weeks on ALL it does show to go back to QB but it loads the position stats you request.

Last edited by a moderator:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe you -- I was just trying to figure out how to get it to work, as I was interested to see how it broke down for other players as well.

I don't know what I was doing wrong yesterday -- as I said, every time I tried to load the year, it would reset back to QB's for week 21. I was just trying to figure out what I was doing wrong.

That is very interesting though to see him only on the field for 66% of the plays. I wonder how often someone like Calvin Johnson is on the field. I'll have to take a look at that site and see if I can get it figured out later. TY for posting that.

I was just giving you shit. Calvin played 877 offensive snaps. 77.4% of our plays. Neither was as much as Durham...... Craziness. (936, 82.6%.)

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any consensus on what a good rate for a guy like CJ is? How high of a percentage are we targeting? Is 85% good, too low, too high? I really have no idea, to be honest. Ideally you want him in there as much as possible, but more plays off mixed in should help keep him healthier over the course of the season...

He should be in there as much as possible but even taking two snaps off helps greatly. Its hard to keep going full speed when you dont get a breather. Lions must be able to perform when he isnt on the field.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ebron can fill the same role as CJ when he's on the sidelines for a breather.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should be in there as much as possible but even taking two snaps off helps greatly. Its hard to keep going full speed when you dont get a breather. Lions must be able to perform when he isnt on the field.

Last year if CJ took a play off it was 90% run. With Tate and Ebron added to the mix, CJ should be able to take some extra plays off and show run and still pass. As much as I hated the pick of Ebron he will add much versatility with scheme.