• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who, instead of Ebron?

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant trade comp picks. We essentially only have one tradeable 4th rd pick. And unfortunately due to the Mike Thomas debacle we dont have a 5th rounder.

Then use that one 4th that we CAN trade to move up. Still gives us two 4th rounders to land some good depth.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You WERE gone awhile Meow.

Thinking I might need to be gone again.

Mom always said if you dont have anything nice to say then dont say anything at all.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mom always said if you dont have anything nice to say then dont say anything at all.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TrustmeImright is acting like the world is ending. He is trying everything possible to bring Ebron down and he hasnt played one snap yet.

I don't think the world is ending. I just think it was a brutal pick by the Lions front office. I can't even say I am surprised, as they drafted Pettigrew at #20 about 5 years ago.

I think Ebron will be a solid player and think he is a better option in the passing game than Pettigrew. He is strictly a pass catching TE though. Unless Detroit decides to run a 2 TE set every down -- Ebron will be on the sideline for quite a few plays every game. If Detroit is going to run a 2 TE set every down, why use cap space to sign a fullback?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gvsulaker82 said:
Yeah, that had to do with stafford struggling big time. The offense will be impotent again next year if stafford doesnt figure it out. If he does figure it out they would have did great with or without ebron. Its nice to have a good pass catching TE but this all hinges on whether stafford can get the ball to him.

and everyone is automatically expecting, almost guaranteeing it will happen, Stafford is better than in the past, because we have Caldwell, Lombardi, Jim Bob pootie-tang as a QB coach. there are no guarantees just assumptions. If Stafford would have gave a fuck about improving, he'd done it before last year. Brady had his own QB coach-Mentor, Martinez who died last year, since he was in high-school. Manning has his brother, father and is a near-perfectionist to try to become better. What does Matty do to improve himself ?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"People ask me to compare him to Vernon Davis. He's not as quick or as twitchy as Davis, but he's a better athlete with better hands. Everything this kid does is easy. He is one of best athletes I've seen at that size.

Hmmmm -- so Vernon Davis was much faster, much stronger, almost had a foot higher vertical leap, but Ebron is a better athlete? Maybe he has watched Ebron and Davis play sports other than football and that is what he means by more athletic. Maybe Ebron is a better golfer and bowler than Vernon Davis and that is what Mayock means.

I can't vouche for the hands of Vernon Davis, but a guy who dropped over 11% of the balls thrown his way in college, as Ebron did -- I find it hard to argue he has better hands than anyone.

I'm just curious to hear from Micro and Lionstop -- What about Ebron makes him more athletic than Vernon Davis?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a tangent...Is there anyone that Mike Mayock DOESN'T like?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and everyone is automatically expecting, almost guaranteeing it will happen, Stafford is better than in the past, because we have Caldwell, Lombardi, Jim Bob pootie-tang as a QB coach. there are no guarantees just assumptions. If Stafford would have gave a fuck about improving, he'd done it before last year. Brady had his own QB coach-Mentor, Martinez who died last year, since he was in high-school. Manning has his brother, father and is a near-perfectionist to try to become better. What does Matty do to improve himself ?

Adds hot fudge and sprinkles?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does Matty do to improve himself ?

He works on his moobs scarfing down coldstone baby!!!!

Matty doesn't have to improve himself. Mayhew is going to spend every resource to surround him with the most talent possible, to try and justify overpaying him on the extension. If the draft picks don't work that they spend (Jahvid Best, Mikel LeShoure at RB), (Ryan Broyles and Titus Young at WR) -- Mayhew will just spend cap space to fix the problems (Reggie Bush and Golden Tate). We can now add Pettigrew to the mix. Spend a top 20 pick on TE, let's draft a TE in the top 10 now, because the one 1st round pick we drafted can't run seam routes effectively.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hopeful for Ebron @ 15...imo he's a matchup nightmare if used as these hybrid TE/WR are being used...especially in the RZ.

You can't run a base DEF with 2 CB & 2 S with him on the field unless you have an outstanding LB with speed or an all pro type SS.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just curious to hear from Micro and Lionstop -- What about Ebron makes him more athletic than Vernon Davis?
Dont know, haven't watched enough tape. You simply said u wanted to know what analysts said he was more athletic, I gave u one of them, plain and simple. I honestly don't care if u dismiss it. Ur quick to put out stats and reports about what players do wrong or how they don't measure up to so and so, I simply backed up a statement made by lionstop and one u questioned. Take it or leave it, no skin off my back.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's strictly you LionStop1, not liking Donald at #10..You're mostly offensive guy based on this years talent. Wanting Watkins, Evans, or Ebron. I know you posted defensive guys you'd be okay with drafting. But honestly, do you really think for 1 second drafting Gilbert over Donald that Gilbert has more impact than Donald in 1st year or even 1st 2 years than Donald. 3 DT's contracts expiring and the production Donald had in college, then the Senior Bowl, where every scout raved about his skill-set, then the combine #'s he had that blew away Fairley's and Suh's for the majority.

Defensive guys didn't like receivers of any type at #10 just as much as you "wouldn't like Donald at #10. Personally, I would have taken Donald at #10 before Dennard, Dix, Pryor, Fuller, Gilbert and Barr. In that order. But that is "My Opinion ONLY". Just like you have "your opinion". I don't fault you for who you like, you shouldn't fault others for their liking of a certain player on the defensive side.

Furthermore, the rankings, gradings we see on ESPN, NFL.com, CBS or Walter is NOT what the Lions have on their board. Look at Miami taking Ju'Wuan James. Many consider him a reach when in fact, he's the player that fit their scheme and was their boards next best player. Same for Seattle's pick of Bruce Irvin drafted at #15 when rankings suggested he was 39-78... but was a 1st rd draftee.

I dont see the need at DT as some do. Lions are signing Suh back and we will see what happens with Fairley. Ive never said Donald is a bad player, nor do I crucify him in any way. I just didnt like him at the ten spot. I think Gilbert would be just as impactful as Donald on the Lions. I perfer CBs over TDs.

I just read plenty of articles that states the Lions had Ebron rated very high. Im assuming several others did too and some didnt. All I know is the Lions got a good player.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont know, haven't watched enough tape. You simply said u wanted to know what analysts said he was more athletic, I gave u one of them, plain and simple. I honestly don't care if u dismiss it. Ur quick to put out stats and reports about what players do wrong or how they don't measure up to so and so, I simply backed up a statement made by lionstop and one u questioned. Take it or leave it, no skin off my back.

I just asked you for your opinion, which I guess you don't have one on Ebron. No biggie.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just asked you for your opinion, which I guess you don't have one on Ebron. No biggie.

I know u did. That wasn't what my original post was about. U questioned lionstop about his comment, basically saying u didn't believe him. I put the info out there for u to see with ur own eyes. Plain and simple. No biggie.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have went defense with the pick you guys already have one of the best offenses in the league I think you guys should have drafted Kyle Fuller because you play in a division against teams that like to throw the ball. The packers are the team to beat I dont see why you guys keep loading up your offense trying to out score aaron rodgers

It was one pick. We still have others to grab defense.