• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who has the better season.....

Who has the better season

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, it does.

Its simple, Less hits=Less likely to be injured thats kinda a proven fact. Pocket passers get hit far less often than a guy carrying the ball 10+ times a game, in addition to the normal hits a qb takes.

Sure you can go on because there are far more pocket passers in the league.

But if you think a QB that runs as much as Jackson does is less or equally likely to get hurt, I'm not the guy to try and change your way of thinking, but logic says more exposure = more risk...it's that simple.

How many hits does he avoid compared to pocket QBs due to his elusiveness? He runs out of bounds on the majority of his runs. He might take 1-2 hits you wouldn't want a QB to get, but the average QB and o-line will take those anyway every game.

I still don't think the way he plays puts him in any more danger to get hurt than anybody else. The fact that pocket passers get hurt fairly often kind of proves that. It's not like he not runs up the middle all game and getting sacked a bunch either.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many hits does he avoid compared to pocket QBs due to his elusiveness? He runs out of bounds on the majority of his runs. He might take 1-2 hits you wouldn't want a QB to get, but the average QB and o-line will take those anyway every game.

I still don't think the way he plays puts him in any more danger to get hurt than anybody else. The fact that pocket passers get hurt fairly often kind of proves that. It's not like he not runs up the middle all game and getting sacked a bunch either.

Helluva talent, imo better than Vick...hopefully he lasts 10-15 yrs or whatever.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except his game is not conducive to a long career.

I've been hinting at that, but @blue_suns is looking at the here and now I'm thinking.

So far RW is the only running QB (and he's not nearly the runner that Vick, Jackson, RG3 and others have been) that has played mostly injury free and has been able to sustain it...iirc he just signed his 3rd contract.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this makes him different from any other QB why?

Brady's been injured, Rodgers' been injured, Brees has been injured, Big Ben's been injured, Mahomes has been injured. I can go on......

Being a pocket passer doesn't suddenly make you less likely to get injured.

It does when you are running 100+ yards a game with just qb pads on....

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In terms of the style of play...I think you take it while it lasts, but realize one day he will get tagged...imo it's a matter of when not if.

In the interim, the kid is winning football games.

Hey, I'd take the wins if Al Sharpton was our qb, but I know the D is what won our only game against a good team so far this yr....I want to see how we fare against NE, that's a pivotal game in analyzing this team....Coming off a bye, mid season, at home against the best team in the league.....If they give them a run for the money or get blown out....We'll know more then....

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a direct quote from an illiterate racist.

You have just been Oldshooled ............................................

Yet again :shortbus:

Quit lying Shifty Schiff....
images
:pound:

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quit lying Shifty Schiff....
images
:pound:
I quoted you dummy. Click the link at the top of the quote and it goes directly to your post.

Do you always self destruct like this?

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does when you are running 100+ yards a game with just qb pads on....

And taking few if any hits in the process?

I'd be more worried if he played behind a terrible O-line like Luck did most his career.

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been hinting at that, but @blue_suns is looking at the here and now I'm thinking.

So far RW is the only running QB (and he's not nearly the runner that Vick, Jackson, RG3 and others have been) that has played mostly injury free and has been able to sustain it...iirc he just signed his 3rd contract.

He can definitely go the Vick route and be less inclined to run later in his career and be a successful passer.

He's only 22. Let him get some experience under his belt (and hopefully more weapons on offense) and he won't need to run 100+ yards a game to win games.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can definitely go the Vick route and be less inclined to run later in his career and be a successful passer.

He's only 22. Let him get some experience under his belt (and hopefully more weapons on offense) and he won't need to run 100+ yards a game to win games.

It's possible. When you've played a certain way your whole life and you've been successful it's tough to play a different way unless you're forced to.

Vick's time in Philly was when he finally learned how to play QB, and not be a major playmaker himself, largely because he had to. Randall Cunningham might even be a better example of a guy that changed his game...in MIN he became a QB instead of QB/playmaker. Steve Young as well.

We shall see.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And taking few if any hits in the process?

I'd be more worried if he played behind a terrible O-line like Luck did most his career.
That's playing with fire Blue....Harbs was worried about him going up the gut on that 4th down td he ran for, and I saw saw him get hit several times during that game that could have potentially sidelined him...He's young and tough but if he gets hit the right angle , it's season over...
Just like if you throw every down, you're gonna get picked more likely than not....
Hey I hope he stays healthy and they win the SB this yr, but I don't realistically think either will happen....
Still enjoying the Seattle win though....:yes:

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I quoted you dummy. Click the link at the top of the quote and it goes directly to your post.

Do you always self destruct like this?

You're tampering, but you're old news to me now BeBo....
source.gif

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're tampering, but you're old news to me now BeBo....
source.gif
Mmmhm. so much for admitting when you are wrong.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmmhm. so much for admitting when you are wrong.

So 8 games in and you already know the winner....Wow, you know if you'd think twice, you'd be the smartest person in your family BeBo.....

images
Oldschooled Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagain !!!!!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:faint:Do you think he’s like this in real life? Racist, confused, uneducated?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So 8 games in and you already know the winner....Wow, you know if you'd think twice, you'd be the smartest person in your family BeBo.....

images
Oldschooled Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagain !!!!!

It's been obvious for a while who the winner is.