• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who do want the Lions to use their first pick on?

Assuming they don't trade out of the 23rd spot

• Melvin Gordon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tevin Coleman

• Marcus Peters

• Kevin Johnson

• Jalen Collins

• Laken Tomlinson

• Eddie Goldman

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just seeing who people want. Polls close 4/29/15

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU La'el Collins all day 4 me should he fall.

good thinking on your part STOMP for putting up the poll.

Thanx

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
La'EL Collins in round 1 and Grady Jarrett in round 2 would go a long way in repairing the trenches.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually want Cam Erving, but I don't think the Lions are targeting him or Trae Waynes on defense. My guess is either Malcom Brown if they go defense and Andrus Peete if they go offense.

I think the Lions want to upgrade left tackle and move Reiff. Peete has the most upside as a LT IMO. Of course he is eerily similar to D'brickshaw Ferguson which is not a good thing to have said about you these days. I would be fine with Collins too and just slot him in to Guard.

If we go defense first and Waynes is there of course we take him. He wont be there. He is a top 5 pick IMO. Maybe he slides a little but still goes in the top 10 so I don't even bother mentioning him anymore. We should try to be realistic.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is Dorial Green-Beckham?

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone other than Millenhew to decide on it

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked Malcom Brown, but I would also be thrilled with Marcus Peters, La'el Collins, or Trae Waynes. In that order.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trae Waynes would be a god send. His strength is in press coverage, which is what Austin likes to use. They have Mathis signed, so he wouldn't be forced into action unless he earned the starting role.

That being said -- I think he will be long gone before the Lions pick -- I'd be happy with anyone drafted in the trenches on either side of the ball.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually want Cam Erving, but I don't think the Lions are targeting him or Trae Waynes on defense. My guess is either Malcom Brown if they go defense and Andrus Peete if they go offense.

I think the Lions want to upgrade left tackle and move Reiff. Peete has the most upside as a LT IMO. Of course he is eerily similar to D'brickshaw Ferguson which is not a good thing to have said about you these days. I would be fine with Collins too and just slot him in to Guard.

If we go defense first and Waynes is there of course we take him. He wont be there. He is a top 5 pick IMO. Maybe he slides a little but still goes in the top 10 so I don't even bother mentioning him anymore. We should try to be realistic.

Peat is still raw. Yes, he has great upside. I do not see him beating Reiff out at LT this year. Just my thoughts, and then you have 3 RTs once Waddle is healthy.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peat is still raw. Yes, he has great upside. I do not see him beating Reiff out at LT this year. Just my thoughts, and then you have 3 RTs once Waddle is healthy.

Nah. Lucas is actually a LT. He struggled at RT, but looked comfortable the 1 game Reiff was out. Lets hope it is Collins or Ervin so we have an inside guy.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted other. Not because Im fixated on any one player that isn't listed, but because Id rather Mayhew doesn't have any one guy in mind. Let the draft come to you, know what I mean?

That said, Waynes or Collins slipping to us would be great.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peat is still raw. Yes, he has great upside

2015 NFL Draft: How will playoff teams approach first round? - NFL.com
No. 29: Indianapolis Colts

Pressing needs: Offensive line, pass rusher.
Viable option at No. 29: La'el Collins, OL, LSU.
Potential trade-up target: Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford.

Andrew Luck, quite possibility the most valuable young commodity in the NFL, has taken way too many hits in his young career. Indy needs to upgrade his protection. The Colts added Todd Herremans in free agency, which helps, but he's 32 years old and has had some injury issues of late. Teams are split on whether Collins is a tackle or a guard, but I think the Colts could slot him in at right tackle -- he'd be a nice upgrade there. Peat's gaining a lot of steam around the league. Personally, I'm not as high on him, but Colts offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton is familiar with him from his Stanford days. Indy's going to score a lot of points and routinely play with a lead --
2015 NFL Draft: Top five needs for all 32 teams - NFL.com
Indianapolis Colts
Top 5 needs: SS, RT, RB, CB, ILB
No. of selections: 9
Draft picks: Round 1 (29), Round 2 (61), Round 3 (91), Round 4 (128), Round 5 (165), Round 6 (205), Round 6 (207), Round 7 (244), Round 7 (255)
Analysis: The Colts don't have many glaring holes to fill. Frank Gore is a short-term solution at RB, but with such a deep class, RB could be a smart luxury pick. Andrew Luck is about to get paid big bucks, so finding a future replacement at RT for the expensive Gosder Cherilus could be in order. The Colts' biggest need could be at strong safety, while ILB and CB are positions that could use more depth.

Andrus Peat

COLLEGE: Stanford
Class: Jr
HT: 6-6
WT: 313
POS: OT
Analysis: Peat gains value because he's played left tackle pretty well while still clearly in the development stages, and he has the ceiling to do it in the NFL. He's got the long frame you want, with a thick lower half he can use to keep his balance and also drive defenders back. I think the feet are pretty good. Where he'll get himself in trouble is in giving too much respect to good speed-rushers and losing the fundamentals. Peat can show impressive power going downhill, and he'll de-cleat a defender when he gets to turn inside and block down. Lots of upside.

Video highlights
video.png

PREVIOUS RANK: No. 15 ....... went from #15 to #24 overall

Andrus Peat

COLLEGE: Stanford
Class: Jr
HT: 6-6
WT: 313
POS: OT
i

Analysis: Peat has good length, a strong anchor, a powerful upper body and excellent overall agility in pass protection. As a run-blocker, he has the power base to drive defenders off the ball. What really stands out on tape is his foot quickness. Consistency is a concern, particularly when he goes up against power, but the physical tools are all there for him to develop into a good starting left tackle in the NFL.

Video highlights
watch.png

PREVIOUS RANK: No. 10

BB_72; I want Peat to be there at #23 so we can trade with Indy's #29 and #93. Reason why. I still believe Cameron Irving will be available even at #29. Irving has very little tape, albeit good tape, at Center. He only has 7 total games to be graded upon. LG Collins should be long gone by #23.

I see absolutely no need for a RT or LT in the 1st rd. I too want Lucas to be given the opportunity to compete with Reiff for the LT position. THE NEED RIGHT NOW on the O-Line is LG. Swanson and Irving can compete to see who is the Better Center and LG, IMHO.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roster Reset recap: Patriots, Colts atop AFC - NFL.com

Pass rush aside, this has the feel of an elite offense that needs one hit in the draft across the front five. This will give coordinator Pep Hamilton a true range of plays to work with and an ability to fall back into his comfort zone -- a ground game that opens the field up for its star quarterback. If they could pull something off similar to what the Browns were able to do in the 29-93 range, nabbing a versatile guard/tackle like Joel Bitonio, they could secure their fortunes in 2015.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucas is actually a LT. He struggled at RT, but looked comfortable the 1 game Reiff was out.

What does comfortable mean? His play in that game was horrible.

If I remember correctly he gave up two sacks and a bunch of hurries.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can you really take a one game sample and say that is what they are?

You take the Saints game when Suh was suspended and Fairley looked all-pro. One game...

Who was he going against? Just asking, I am not going to gage potential going against say a JJWatt for a game.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're remembering incorrectly, then. He held Jared Allen specifically to no sacks and no hurries. I think he gave up two total hurries all game. Complete opposite of what you're remembering... maybe that has something to do with why some posters are feeling more confidant with what we have in the pipeline at the position than you seem to be?

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're remembering incorrectly, then. He held Jared Allen specifically to no sacks and no hurries. I think he gave up two total hurries all game. Complete opposite of what you're remembering... maybe that has something to do with why some posters are feeling more confidant with what we have in the pipeline at the position than you seem to be?
Jared Allen had 2 sacks the game that Reiff missed. I don't remember if Lucas was the one blocking him during those plays though.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here it is:

Detroit Lions undrafted rookie Cornelius Lucas steps in and stymies 4-time All-Pro Jared Allen | MLive.com

"Allen finished with a season-high two sacks. He also forced and recovered a fumble in the first quarter, setting up the Bears' second and final touchdown of the game.

But when one-on-one against Lucas, a massive mismatch on paper, the four-time All-Pro accomplished little of consequence.

Allen's sack-strip came against Sims. The defensive end also got in a pair of pops on Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford when tight end Brandon Pettigrew was assigned to contain him.

But against Lucas, Allen recorded just one pressure and a cleanup sack on a broken play that wasn't the rookie's fault."