• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who do want the Lions to use their first pick on?

Assuming they don't trade out of the 23rd spot

• Melvin Gordon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tevin Coleman

• Marcus Peters

• Kevin Johnson

• Jalen Collins

• Laken Tomlinson

• Eddie Goldman

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So TP was only off by 1 sack and 1 hurry. Not bad for the old memory box.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0% chance Reiff signs a new contract to move to another position. Either he's the LT or he's gone. Plenty of teams will play him and pay him LT money.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
La'EL Collins in round 1
When_62d398_1325713.jpg

Was just talking with lionstop last night about Collins. The more and more I read about him, and watch his tape, the more and more I wouldn't be too upset of we grabbed him at #23. Waynes will be gone imo so i think he is the next best corner on the board. But my input means nothing to Mayhew so who knows what he'll do?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jared Allen had 2 sacks the game that Reiff missed. I don't remember if Lucas was the one blocking him during those plays though.
Sims got credited for one of those, and the other was a "clean-up" sack on a broken play where Stafford was flushed out of the pocket.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nevermind, you beat me to it, apparently...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When_62d398_1325713.jpg

Was just talking with lionstop last night about Collins. The more and more I read about him, and watch his tape, the more and more I wouldn't be too upset of we grabbed him at #23. Waynes will be gone imo so i think he is the next best corner on the board. But my input means nothing to Mayhew so who knows what he'll do?
I'd be thrilled with Collins and his ability to play LG or RT.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be thrilled with Collins and his ability to play LG or RT.

Either of the 2 guys I mentioned would be good inside and give us flexibility. I hope we stay away from Humphries though. Not too sure on him or some of the others. Sherff will be long gone so no need to even think about it.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When_62d398_1325713.jpg

I made a thread about him April 4th. Didn't get much attention until Mebert called me out.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're remembering incorrectly, then. He held Jared Allen specifically to no sacks and no hurries. I think he gave up two total hurries all game. Complete opposite of what you're remembering... maybe that has something to do with why some posters are feeling more confidant with what we have in the pipeline at the position than you seem to be?
I specifically read it off of mlive, of that I am certain. Allen actually had two sacks, a forced fumble, a fumble recovery, and a couple hurries. Those are the exact stats that were used in what I read. It was one of those mailbag articles where they answer questions and that one was about Lucas at LT.

Now seeing one where they say one was a clean up sack and Allen's other one came against Sims and a couple hurries came against Pettigrew. Lucas was horrible the week before against the Pats when he came into the game.

If Lucas can be the LT that would be great. But I have yet to see one article suggesting that he might even possibly be penciled in there. If he was then it's just a matter of getting a LG since you could move Reiff to the other side. Time will tell I guess

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I specifically read it off of mlive, of that I am certain. Allen actually had two sacks, a forced fumble, a fumble recovery, and a couple hurries. Those are the exact stats that were used in what I read. It was one of those mailbag articles where they answer questions and that one was about Lucas at LT.

Now seeing one where they say one was a clean up sack and Allen's other one came against Sims and a couple hurries came against Pettigrew. Lucas was horrible the week before against the Pats when he came into the game.

If Lucas can be the LT that would be great. But I have yet to see one article suggesting that he might even possibly be penciled in there. If he was then it's just a matter of getting a LG since you could move Reiff to the other side. Time will tell I guess
I think that actually shows pretty well for Lucas- Allen had a big game, but none of it came when the rookie had him one-on-one. I'm not saying he's the future at LT, far from it- but we do have some guys in the system at least who aren't total scrubs...

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do remember him tripping all over himself against the Pats, but remember he had not practiced at all at LT at that point. After 1 practice he did a decent job against a future HOF DE. And the 1 sack he did give up was more on Stafford IMO. Allen was blocked well for more than enough time for Staff to make a throw. He just did not get rid of the ball. Compare that to Reiff late in the Cowboy game who gave up 2 strip sacks to a nobody.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that actually shows pretty well for Lucas- Allen had a big game, but none of it came when the rookie had him one-on-one. I'm not saying he's the future at LT, far from it- but we do have some guys in the system at least who aren't total scrubs...

After waiting forever on Jason Fox and Rodney Austin to claim a spot I refuse to let myself begin to believe in any prospect at any position on this team.

We aren't exactly known for developing talent I'm sorry to say. I hope he takes that spot in camp and Waddle and Williams can be quality depth. But until I see that happen on the field he is just another of the players in that "wishful thinking" category

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After waiting forever on Jason Fox and Rodney Austin to claim a spot I refuse to let myself begin to believe in any prospect at any position on this team.

We aren't exactly known for developing talent I'm sorry to say. I hope he takes that spot in camp and Waddle and Williams can be quality depth. But until I see that happen on the field he is just another of the players in that "wishful thinking" category
Are you talking strictly o-line? Bc we've developed plenty of players IMO. Levy, Ansah(still more to go), Slay(same as Ansah), Calvin(he admitted he had to work at route running), etc. I'm not saying we've developed every player brought in, but we have developed players.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you talking strictly o-line? Bc we've developed plenty of players IMO. Levy, Ansah(still more to go), Slay(same as Ansah), Calvin(he admitted he had to work at route running), etc. I'm not saying we've developed every player brought in, but we have developed players.
Anybody that isn't an early round pick?

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody that isn't an early round pick?
Riddick is developing. Martin did great right from the get go, but he still is developing. Tahir Whitehead is developing quite nicely. Willie Young did develop into a decent pass rusher, if nothing else. Levy was a 3rd rounder and I don't consider him an "early" round. Same with Warford. There's also a few guys drafted last year that are incomplete as its still too early to tell how or if they develop.

However, just b/c a player is an early round pick, doesn't mean they don't need developing. The transition to the NFL game isn't easy just b/c you are drafted high.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well that's pretty foolish, imo. Just because those two didn't pan out for us(Fox has played a fair amount of snaps in Miami the last two years, as I understand it) doesn't mean that others wont. Not every prospect is going to pan out though... can't get pissed when that happens, just cut them free and move on...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuller is a late round pick currently developing nicely.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screenshot-from-2014-01-11-032711.png

What about scooping this fine man in the 1st?
2nd best offensive player in the draft.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screenshot-from-2014-01-11-032711.png

What about scooping this fine man in the 1st?
2nd best offensive player in the draft.
Look at that court date. Either he's got a damn good lawyer that enabled the trial to be set back til his career is over, or someone used a flux capacitor to fly into the future.