• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who are your teams top FA Targets this off-season?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what you mean. I'm obviously not frm CO. (thankfully) but being an NBA fan it was easy for me to root for the Nuggets when I got here. And being originally from NE Ohio even though the Celtics will always be my team I've always wanted the Cavs to do well. Went to alotta games in the 80's, 90's & early 2000's. And got to see all the greats from those eras play live.

But my all time NBA highlight was the '97 All Star game in Cleveland. It was the leagues 50th birthday and they introduced the 50th anniversary team. Most players that made the list where there for the event. I got to meet Larry Bird. It was a helluva thrill.

Yep. It always surprised me when someone says they root for two NBA teams though. There's wanting a team to do well, and there's being a legitimate fan.

I've been to the Moda Center in Portland on numerous occasions these last couple of years. Seen them play a few different teams other than the Lakers and i've rooted for the Blazers that night.

But when the Lakers played Portland in the first round, there wasn't a single part of me that cared even a little about the Blazers.

Has @HurricaneDij39 ever said what team he roots for when the Pacers play the Nuggets?

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. It always surprised me when someone says they root for two NBA teams though. There's wanting a team to do well, and there's being a legitimate fan.

I've been to the Moda Center in Portland on numerous occasions these last couple of years. Seen them play a few different teams other than the Lakers and i've rooted for the Blazers that night.

But when the Lakers played Portland in the first round, there wasn't a single part of me that cared even a little about the Blazers.

Has @HurricaneDij39 ever said what team he roots for when the Pacers play the Nuggets?
He can root for both teams: he’s the only one that cares when they play

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I started watching basketball when I lived in San Diego, so became a lakes fan. Kept that while moving around a couple of states that I knew were temporary. But when I settled in Michigan I decided, as hard as it was, to become a Pistons fan.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I started watching basketball when I lived in San Diego, so became a lakes fan. Kept that while moving around a couple of states that I knew were temporary. But when I settled in Michigan I decided, as hard as it was, to become a Pistons fan

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turner isn't a bad option if you can't get other guys in FA...

Wonder what Ibaka is going for this summer...Toronto has bird rights on him but he was making just a little more than Turner. Maybe they could get him for 1 year $16M or something. I don't think it happens bc I think he would either sign back with Toronto or another contender.

Harrell another guy...he had a down season but I still think he is a very good option. Pay him a little more than the market to steal him.

Marcus Morris another guy.

I think trading for a guy might have to be the best option or overpaying a guy in FA...Minny isn't a FA destination

Ibaka is the unicorn they need, rim protecting stretch players are not super common.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a damn good question. And no I can't recall him saying who he roots for when they play.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But my all time NBA highlight was the '97 All Star game in Cleveland. It was the leagues 50th birthday and they introduced the 50th anniversary team. Most players that made the list where there for the event. I got to meet Larry Bird. It was a helluva thrill.

That's cool. Bird is one of the top famous folks that I'd like to meet.

I've met a few famous people in my life. The only one that left me speechless was Magic. I was with my girlfriend at the time and she had to talk for me. lol

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's cool. Bird is one of the top famous folks that I'd like to meet.

I've met a few famous people in my life. The only one that left me speechless was Magic. I was with my girlfriend at the time and she had to talk for me. lol

Only two players I ever met were Horace Grant in Orlando in the mid 90s and Rik Smits on a flight to Amsterdam in the late 90s.

Smits is freakishly tall.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you believe John hollinger on the Athletic, it could be no one for the Celtics

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only two players I ever met were Horace Grant in Orlando in the mid 90s and Rik Smits on a flight to Amsterdam in the late 90s.

Isn't he like 7'4"?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something like that. It's hilarious watching guys his size board an airplane.
I can only imagine.

I’m 6’3 and it’s a horrific experience. I can’t image being another foot tall...except for the fact that I could afford first class.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something like that. It's hilarious watching guys his size board an airplane.

Oh, I'll bet. lol

I'm 6'2" and have almost have to duck a little when boarding a plan. Can't imagine what it must be like for someone that tall.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I'll bet. lol

I'm 6'2" and have almost have to duck a little when boarding a plan. Can't imagine what it must be like for someone that tall.

I just posted something similar lol

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No one has a better NBA player meet story than my buddy (no one that I've known anyway)..

He's playing high stakes blackjack at the Bellagio in one of those rooms with only high stakes tables, in the late 2000s I think. Michael Jordan comes in with a crew of about 4 others, watches my buddy as he is getting killed by the dealer. Then he smiles at my buddy and says "no way I'm playing here right now" and leaves

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12 who is gone next year? I think McGee is not needed. Cook, Waiters, Smith...some obvious guys in there. I think Rondo will be back on his player option and they could look into giving Howard another 1 year deal.

I think it would be blessing to get KCP-surely he opts into his player option...he has been very solid in the playoffs. 10 ppg shooting 39% from 3 and playing pretty solid defense.

I know Green is a very solid defender but he has struggled this postseason. Maybe they try to flip Kuz and Green for a piece...not sure what they could get.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12 who is gone next year? I think McGee is not needed. Cook, Waiters, Smith...some obvious guys in there. I think Rondo will be back on his player option and they could look into giving Howard another 1 year deal.

I think it would be blessing to get KCP-surely he opts into his player option...he has been very solid in the playoffs. 10 ppg shooting 39% from 3 and playing pretty solid defense.

I know Green is a very solid defender but he has struggled this postseason. Maybe they try to flip Kuz and Green for a piece...not sure what they could get.

Agree that McGee isn't necessarily needed, but I believe he still has a year left. I'll be shocked if KCP doesn't opt in. Same with Rondo. As for Green, his shooting has been off (although he has hit some big shots) but his defense is good and that's where his real value is, imo. I think he just needs to be smarter about when to shoot. He'll be off, but keep shooting, which to an extent is fine. But there's a point where you have to say "Shots not falling tonight" and concentrate on defense. He's a role player, so he needs to understand that the Lakers don't need him to try to "shoot himself out of a slump".

The main thing they need, imo is someone who can consistently hit from the outside.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Kuz. I think he's definitely earned being kept, is still young enough to improve , but he's also raised his trade value.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one has a better NBA player meet story than my buddy (no one that I've known anyway)..

He's playing high stakes blackjack at the Bellagio in one of those rooms with only high stakes tables, in the late 2000s I think. Michael Jordan comes in with a crew of about 4 others, watches my buddy as he is getting killed by the dealer. Then he smiles at my buddy and says "no way I'm playing here right now" and leaves

I met Lebron James once and saw him twice...both were when he was in high school though.

Also got Trajan Langdon's autograph...beat that!! The dude was MVP caliber player in EuroLeague.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I met Lebron James once and saw him twice...both were when he was in high school though.

Also got Trajan Langdon's autograph...beat that!! The dude was MVP caliber player in EuroLeague.
meh, met Fred Belitnikoff once way back. but who cares about the Raiders...?

• Angry
Reactions: DJ