• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who are you and why?

Who are you and why?

• Lions Optimist

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Lions Pessimist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Realist

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Simply Cornbread and Kool-Aid

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pussies!! Say it proudly, there is nothing at all wrong about being a realist. Reality is just the simple truth, its undeniable. Reality is the Lions are 11-21 the last two seasons and that's shitty.

Blame coaching all you want but the reality is that until Caldwell wins with this team they aren't very good. The perception of some fans might be that we are good but the reality is that the record says something different. When the win/loss record says we are good then its a reality. Until then they are just the same old Lions.

That's reality, welcome to it.

It's more than the win-loss record. It's how they got there. 4-4 to 0-8. Then 5-3 to 2-6.

Makes me wonder what others gather from that.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shitty coaching, specifically failure to improve and grow the team as the year progressed. Schwartz' Lions were literally the same exact team for 3 seasons in a row. By the time they were 5-0 then lost to SF at home on that 4th down 3 seasons ago, they had peaked.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pussies!! Say it proudly, there is nothing at all wrong about being a realist. Reality is just the simple truth, its undeniable. Reality is the Lions are 11-21 the last two seasons and that's shitty.

Blame coaching all you want but the reality is that until Caldwell wins with this team they aren't very good. The perception of some fans might be that we are good but the reality is that the record says something different. When the win/loss record says we are good then its a reality. Until then they are just the same old Lions.

That's reality, welcome to it.

Not being a depressed negative bastard who only sees the bad in a team makes a person a pussy? Well damn.

I wonder is there a difference between a pessimist and "realist"?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, realist=pessimist. Until laker gets back from Ha'wa'i'i' anyway.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not being a depressed negative bastard who only sees the bad in a team makes a person a pussy? Well damn.

The devil is, as usual, in the details. If one gauges a team's success on winning and losing, by any objective standard the Lions have sucked for 20 years. I'll define 'good' as 'makes at least a conference finals game and competes'. Objectively, the Lions are not close to that standard.

So, until they do, some degree of negativity is, well, realistic.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you're a Seahawks fan, realist and pessimist are antonyms. If you're a Lions fan, they're similar. If you're a Browns fan, they're synonyms. Reality bites.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:rollseyes:

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is the same dumbass logic that helped you make a complete jackass out of yourself during the season and get yourself a Bears stalker.

It is painfully obvious that you don't even know what a realist is. Get out a dictionary and educate yourself before you further make yourself look even more foolish. Look up pessimist while you're at it cause I don't think you know what that is either. Shoktart was a pessimist, nobody on this board is and never has been.

BTW, the "pussies" comment was a joke. Come on man, you are the only person who didn't get that.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't vote.

I wanted to vote realist...until I realized that the definition of realist on this board is a drama queen whose worst fears have come true.

Dude, the biggest drama queen here is definitely a kool aid and corn bread fucker.

Also go realism. 60% of the time it never works. But that other 40? Works 100 percent of the time.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to consider myself a realist. The actual definition though. Not this boards fabricated version of it.

BearDownUA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realist. I keep shit real.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There should be another option. Denialists. Denialists cannot believe it when again and again they are proven to be wrong by the realists about how good certain players or the lions as a whole were/are. There were several people that were spot on about the lions over the course of the season last year. They were the ones that said the lions werent as good as their record indicated at the time such as when they were 6-3. They expressed their concerns and were attacked per usual by the denialists, because ya know you cant ever say anything negative aka realistic about the team without the denialists going berserk. Anyhow unfortunately the lions were not great last year as usual and several realists knew it. Hopefully next year their draft is impressive again and they become a legitimate force so the denialists can join reality with us.