• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Whiteside for CJ McCollum

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon Leuer has played pretty well this year. Not sexy, but he just gets the job done and is super efficient about it. He's living up to his contract in today's market.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon Leuer has played pretty well this year. Not sexy, but he just gets the job done and is super efficient about it. He's living up to his contract in today's market.
I was thinking the same thing. He's had a solid year.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. He has been pretty good.

Also surprised nobody has Barnes on their list.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talent wise, yes.

Fair all the way.

But, the last thing the Heat needs is another guard.

Yeah, it's hard to find a big with his skill and athleticism. You hang onto that guy unless another team makes you a great offer. No way the Heat do it for McCollum.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unmmmm Blazers just shelled out huge contracts to mediocre players and now that they are getting paid they don't give two shits about playing defense or playing at all.

This team is heading for lottery rebuild.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 worst contracts of the offseason:

1. Evan Turner
2. Luol Deng
3. Festus Ezeli
4. Ian Mahimi
5. Timo Mozgov

honorable mentions: Alan Crabbe, Jordan Clarkson, Ish SMith, Joakim Noah, jon Luer, tyler johnson, Tarik Black , Garret Temple, Etwuan Moore

You've already admitted you know nothing about him.
How on earth at this point can you say he should be on a worst contract list?

From the Miami Herald

The Heat missed Tyler Johnson on Friday night in a 102-98 loss to the Los Angles Clippers — and not just for his offense.

Johnson is averaging 13.0 points. And although he has started all 25 of his games this season on the bench, he usually ends them on the court — he leads all NBA players in fourth-quarter minutes.

But there is something else Johnson has added to his game this season, and that’s his defense. He had a career-high four blocks in the last game he played, on Wednesday against the Indiana Pacers. His previous high in a game was two.

“We emphasize challenging a lot and that doesn’t necessarily mean blocking shots,” Spoelstra said. “Some people have a better feel for it and better physical gifts to do it.”

Johnson, at 6-4 and with good leaping ability, seems to fall into that category.

He is holding offensive players he’s guarding to 41.5 percent shooting, which is 2.7 percent lower than their averages. Johnson is sixth on the team in that category. James Johnson is No. 1 on the Heat, holding shooters to 11.8 percent below their averages.

In addition, Tyler Johnson is third on the Heat with 17 blocks. Hassan Whiteside is obviously first, and James Johnson is second.

Among guards, Tyler entered the weekend ranked third in the NBA in blocks with 17 — tied with former Heat star Dwyane Wade.

“Dwyane is arguably the best shot-blocking guard of all time, and I think he is,” Spoelstra said. “J-Rich [Josh Richardson] has that ability. Tyler has that ability. Justise Winslow has that ability.

Perhaps Johnson learned something from Wade in the shot-blocking department.

“Maybe in just seeing someone taking pride on the defensive side of the floor,” Spoelstra said. “Those guys [Johnson, Richardson and Winslow] have taken it to the next level to finish plays off.”

And if those opposing perimeter players get past the Heat guards, Whiteside is often waiting for the block.

“A lot of the times, I know where his guy is going,” Whiteside said of the player Johnson is guarding. “A lot of those [blocked] shots, I’m just watching [Johnson] get.”

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. He has been pretty good.

Also surprised nobody has Barnes on their list.

Barnes has actually played really well this season so far. I think the new environment and new role has done him wonders. In relation to other contracts handed out and his per season average, he's probably been one of the better signings so far from this past off-season. I think he'll always have low career assist numbers though because he doesn't seem to process things very fast on the court. That was always my biggest gripe about him. He always looked like he needed two seconds before deciding what to do. Scoring shouldn't really be a problem for him though in his career.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes no sense for Miami really.

McCollum is a great scorer and I do like his game a lot, but he's a 2 or 3 option on a good team, while Whiteside is someone you can build around.

Portland needs to stay put, keep that backcourt together and develop their young players, they are on the right track. A 3rd option away from being a scary team. I like their role players around Dame and CJ (Harkless, Plumlee, Crabbe, etc.)

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again this makes no sense for Miami. Man people are trying to r*pe Miami. Why would Miami make this trade.They are building around Whiteside. If anything they would want to Add CJ with whiteside on the team.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barnes has actually played really well this season so far. I think the new environment and new role has done him wonders. In relation to other contracts handed out and his per season average, he's probably been one of the better signings so far from this past off-season. I think he'll always have low career assist numbers though because he doesn't seem to process things very fast on the court. That was always my biggest gripe about him. He always looked like he needed two seconds before deciding what to do. Scoring shouldn't really be a problem for him though in his career.

Barnes is posting numbers, but on one of the worst teams in the NBA. Any league average player would put up stats in Dallas. Has Barnes actually made the team better? I am not sure. Replace him with a journeyman like Aaron Afflalo and I don't think they are much worse, if any. He can score on a bad team, but what else does he do?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes no sense for Miami really.

McCollum is a great scorer and I do like his game a lot, but he's a 2 or 3 option on a good team, while Whiteside is someone you can build around.

Portland needs to stay put, keep that backcourt together and develop their young players, they are on the right track. A 3rd option away from being a scary team. I like their role players around Dame and CJ (Harkless, Plumlee, Crabbe, etc.)

They need to get rid of Turner

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @WiggyRuss for claiming Clarkson was a terrible contract.

You are aware you're a cavs fan, right? Have a look at that roster first.