• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Whiteside for CJ McCollum

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it.

We get a decent center and lose a player who is a tweener guard. He can score, but defense poor. Crabbe ready to step in. Win/win.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ is also the last of the Blazers problems. You have a stupid GM who doesn't know how to construct a roster. He also thought giving a bum like Festus Ezeli was a good idea. And for whatever reason thought bringing a guy like Turner to the squad was an good idea. CJ and Dame are the last of their issues.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ is also the last of the Blazers problems. You have a stupid GM who doesn't know how to construct a roster. He also thought giving a bum like Festus Ezeli was a good idea. And for whatever reason thought bringing a guy like Turner to the squad was an good idea. CJ and Dame are the last of their issues.
both are great offensively but both are legitimately terrible defensively...its hard to have both of your starting guards as basically turnstiles who are helpless to guard the pick and roll...obviously Lillard is a star offensively and is the guy you keep if you can move McCollum for defensive purposes.

Obviously i wouldnt recommend a plodding center like Whiteside who will only compound their pick and roll problems----

but as for McCollum as trade bait for real defensive help- hes probably their best option...its not like anyone is taking Allan Crabbe's or Turner's contracts.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to the OP, you could have gotten Whiteside in the off-season and still had CJ. He said they were his 2nd option. Didn't chase him hard enough.

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't say I disagree.

Miami Heat Trade Rumors: Would Hassan Whiteside Deal With Portland Trail Blazers Work?

While I think Miami would be lukewarm to this trade, it would be heaven sent for Portland. CJ is a player who can really shoot and create his own shot. Good character guy. BUT, he's not a true PG and 6'4 SG and that's too small. Crabbe, to me, is a better player and can really defend.

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to the OP, you could have gotten Whiteside in the off-season and still had CJ. He said they were his 2nd option. Didn't chase him hard enough.

Yeah, I know. Instead we went after Evan Turner and well overpaid for him.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Blazers signed 3 massive contracts in the offseason, which were McCollum, Crabbe and Turner. I'm still trying to figure out why.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Blazers signed 3 massive contracts in the offseason, which were McCollum, Crabbe and Turner. I'm still trying to figure out why.

The only one I would have done was McCollum.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only one I would have done was McCollum.

Yeah Crabbe was an easy non-match for a bench player. You already have your two stars locked up in the back-court.

Then Evan Turner was so LOL bad, even Turner texted Iguodala after he heard the terms with something along the lines of "Can you believe how much they're offering me". Iguodala told him to snap accept the deal.

You piece both of those guys salaries together and you have a Max player. Even if they struck out this year, they should have kept the cap space for next year.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No fricking way.

I like CJ.

But....just no.
It probably wouldn't be in the Heat's best interest, but in general it sounds like a pretty fair trade to me.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All that money spent, but it looks like they got worse.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Crabbe was an easy non-match for a bench player. You already have your two stars locked up in the back-court.

Then Evan Turner was so LOL bad, even Turner texted Iguodala after he heard the terms with something along the lines of "Can you believe how much they're offering me". Iguodala told him to snap accept the deal.

You piece both of those guys salaries together and you have a Max player. Even if they struck out this year, they should have kept the cap space for next year.
5 worst contracts of the offseason:

1. Evan Turner
2. Luol Deng
3. Festus Ezeli
4. Ian Mahimi
5. Timo Mozgov

honorable mentions: Alan Crabbe, Jordan Clarkson, Ish SMith, Joakim Noah, jon Luer, tyler johnson, Tarik Black , Garret Temple, Etwuan Moore

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 worst contracts of the offseason:

1. Evan Turner
2. Luol Deng
3. Festus Ezeli
4. Ian Mahimi
5. Timo Mozgov

honorable mentions: Alan Crabbe, Jordan Clarkson, Ish SMith, Joakim Noah, jon Luer, tyler johnson, Tarik Black , Garret Temple, Etwuan Moore

Festus is a bit unfair, only because he got a 2 year 16M contract, with the second year being basically non-guaranteed. If he was able to be healthy, he would have been a steal at that 8M level. Unfortunately, he's just never been healthy. If he had been healthy, his deal would have been one of the best of the off-season. I guess that's just the way it works out.

Also disagree on Clarkson's contract. I thought that was actually one of the best contracts in the off-season, given his age, potential upside and production. Also his contract was signed before a lot of the real albatross contracts were thrown out, so that was another win.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My top 5 Worst contracts:

1) Joakim Noah - 4 years 72M.
2) Evan Turner - 4 years 70M.
3) Jon Leuer - 4 years 42M.
4) Solomon Hill - 4 years 52M.
5) Timofey Mozgof - 4 years 64M.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My top 5 Worst contracts:

1) Joakim Noah - 4 years 72M.
2) Evan Turner - 4 years 70M.
3) Jon Leuer - 4 years 42M.
4) Solomon Hill - 4 years 52M.
5) Timofey Mozgof - 4 years 64M.
i actually like the Mozgov deal more for the Lakers than in a vacuum.....the Deng one i justh ate since its 4 years and he has tons of miles on him and obviously is already declining in a big way avergaing like 8 points or whatever...

timo i can understand because it just gives the defense stability and doesnt make the young guys be responsible for the defense down low- a sure way to kill a guy like Randle on the offensive side is to put loads of defensive responsibility on his shoulderse on the defensive side---- Mozgov is only playing 21 minutes a night though which is pretty mind boggling...as is a 4 year deal....its an expensive insurance policy- butt least he is playing decently- even if it is only 21 minutes a night. mozgov will at least screen for russell, roll, not complain, work hard- even if he isnt much of a leader at all.

The Deng deal- he looks cooked and hes making big money for 3 more years...that truly is daunting- i gotta think thats one of the most utradeable contracts in the league along with Turner's deal.

Jon Leur deal is just a joke....as is Mahimi i think.

Ezeli- who knows- obviously teams did their homework on him as he has been injured- but 8 mill doesnt seem terrible if he was playing- hed at least help their atrocious defense.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i actually like the Mozgov deal more for the Lakers than in a vacuum.....the Deng one i justh ate since its 4 years and he has tons of miles on him and obviously is already declining in a big way avergaing like 8 points or whatever...

timo i can understand because it just gives the defense stability and doesnt make the young guys be responsible for the defense down low- a sure way to kill a guy like Randle on the offensive side is to put loads of defensive responsibility on his shoulderse on the defensive side---- Mozgov is only playing 21 minutes a night though which is pretty mind boggling...as is a 4 year deal....its an expensive insurance policy- butt least he is playing decently- even if it is only 21 minutes a night. mozgov will at least screen for russell, roll, not complain, work hard- even if he isnt much of a leader at all.

The Deng deal- he looks cooked and hes making big money for 3 more years...that truly is daunting- i gotta think thats one of the most utradeable contracts in the league along with Turner's deal.

Jon Leur deal is just a joke....as is Mahimi i think.

Ezeli- who knows- obviously teams did their homework on him as he has been injured- but 8 mill doesnt seem terrible if he was playing- hed at least help their atrocious defense.

The Mozgof deal for me was one of the worst because he was one of the very first signings of Free Agency and the Lakers basically bid against themselves. There were no similar offers out there, and Mozgof was coming off a year where he was injured and extremely limited in playing time. Offering him that much up front made it a worse deal, imo.

Ezeli and Sullinger's deals could have come out to be huge steals if they were healthy, but since they're not it looks bad. Sullingers would have actually been the best in the league I think if he didn't get injured.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true, but unfortunately what's also true is those two are their top players in terms of trade value. We all know Dame isn't going anywhere unless he wants out so that would leave CJ.