• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: White Sox at Twins

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You go to bed at 9PM?

It was just before 10 EST...And yeah...I was cooked last night. I do taxes for a living so I let out a lot of stress last evening and crashed hard...Then add to it I'm usually up at 5:30 in the morning so I can run...make lunch for my kids...make breakfast for kids...take my youngest to school (my oldest rides his bike starting this year...hallelujah)...then off to work. Yeah...I enjoy my beauty sleep and if the Sox are up late I'll usually stop the MLB app and pick it up/watch in the morning as I do my do. I DESPISE east coast times. The absolute WORST thing given up from moving away from Chicago...CST.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
twins are cooked already, it's strange

Maeda was in running for cy young last year, he's been bad
our bullpen was bad last year, so they invested in it, it's somehow worse
injuries to key players
only guys playing well are buxton, whose hurt, and cruz

never thought in May i could safely say the twins are out, but they're out

I accept your humble resignation. Now kiss the ring.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he got 4 freaking walks. I mean, what the hell? Why doesn't anyone throw him strikes? He can't hit them...

I wonder what the record is for a season with differential between BA and OBP. He's on pace for the record isn't he?

The dude's an enigma. I've never seen a player like him where I brace for impact every at-bat and long for anyone else to be up there...but damn if some obtuse baseball statistics somehow relieve him of any scrutiny. Our announcers are completely in the tank for him. I don't want the Sox to lose/struggle...but I kinda want to see him hit .0XX just to see if it continues to happen or if one day Stone just flips the f*ck out on air. Like "I JUST CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE JASON...THIS GUY F*CKING SUCKS...YOU'RE JUST GONNA HAVE TO FIND A NEW GUY MR. REINSDORF" and he drops the mic and peaces out forever.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else think Mercedes is going to get HBP in the game tonight for hitting a 3-0 pitch for a HR already up by 11 with the catcher pitching?
Maybe but if he throws the 46 mph eephus you gotta swing at it

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dude's an enigma. I've never seen a player like him where I brace for impact every at-bat and long for anyone else to be up there...but damn if some obtuse baseball statistics somehow relieve him of any scrutiny. Our announcers are completely in the tank for him. I don't want the Sox to lose/struggle...but I kinda want to see him hit .0XX just to see if it continues to happen or if one day Stone just flips the f*ck out on air. Like "I JUST CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE JASON...THIS GUY F*CKING SUCKS...YOU'RE JUST GONNA HAVE TO FIND A NEW GUY MR. REINSDORF" and he drops the mic and peaces out forever.
But does he 'suck'? .387 OBP is almost elite. Why don't pitchers throw him strikes?

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But does he 'suck'? .387 OBP is almost elite. Why don't pitchers throw him strikes?

He doesn't suck...but he ain't good either...We have enough elsewise to keep the spotlight off dude's suckiness...but if we were thin, this team would be going nowhere with a dude like him as an anchor player. Said it before...He's frosting...but I see him as very replaceable. We'd be doind just as well with a middle of the road catcher right now.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't suck...but he ain't good either...We have enough elsewise to keep the spotlight off dude's suckiness...but if we were thin, this team would be going nowhere with a dude like him as an anchor player. Said it before...He's frosting...but I see him as very replaceable. We'd be doind just as well with a middle of the road catcher right now.
He sort of is a middle of the road catcher, he's just overpaid. Which happens in baseball, even champions have one or two guys on the roster making too much (Giants dynasty: Barry Zito)

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for the low low price of only $7M per.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else think Mercedes is going to get HBP in the game tonight for hitting a 3-0 pitch for a HR already up by 11 with the catcher pitching?
No way. Throw a 47 mph loop ball and you should expect a dinger, I don't care what the count or the score is.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're forgetting the intangibles.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The twins are in full catastrophe mode. They are incapable of winning. Coaching changes coming.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way. Throw a 47 mph loop ball and you should expect a dinger, I don't care what the count or the score is.
It's a team pride thing - get the Twins minds off of being terrible and create a rivalry with the Sox. Besides - I've seen how Mercedes is put together - if his head is protected - the ball will just bounce off of him and he will gladly take the base.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He sort of is a middle of the road catcher, he's just overpaid. Which happens in baseball, even champions have one or two guys on the roster making too much (Giants dynasty: Barry Zito)

That's kind of it...When we signed this guy, we were a theoretically good team, but fully unproven...so my reaction, accordingly, was "Wait, THIS is our answer?"

Now that we've proven the rest of our team was the real deal...It's not that big a deal...We could have rolled with McCann for cheaper and been fine but so what? Baseball numbers freaks are in love with Grandal, but he's whatever. Really what it comes down to is would the extra 13 million we gave him over McCann made a difference? Based on how well all phases of our roster are performing this season so far, probably not. Or, at most, to a negligible degree.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kind of it...When we signed this guy, we were a theoretically good team, but fully unproven...so my reaction, accordingly, was "Wait, THIS is our answer?"

Now that we've proven the rest of our team was the real deal...It's not that big a deal...We could have rolled with McCann for cheaper and been fine but so what? Baseball numbers freaks are in love with Grandal, but he's whatever. Really what it comes down to is would the extra 13 million we gave him over McCann made a difference? Based on how well all phases of our roster are performing this season so far, probably not. Or, at most, to a negligible degree.
Exactly. No GM bats 1.000

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are an admitted "bean counter" and therefore can not constitutionally understand the intangibles argument for Grandal. But, you've come a long way baby!

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are an admitted "bean counter" and therefore can not constitutionally understand the intangibles argument for Grandal. But, you've come a long way baby!

CERTIFIED bean counter baby.

Got a plaque on the wall and everything.

Nailed the "Is a baseball player that hits .130 good?" question.

A. Hell
B. To
C. The
D. No
E. All of the above

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decent chance. That will start a bean fest for sure.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CERTIFIED bean counter baby.

Got a plaque on the wall and everything.

Nailed the "Is a baseball player that hits .130 good?" question.

A. Hell
B. To
C. The
D. No
E. All of the above
I'm a Risk Manager - and we have to apply art forms to the numbers in order to achieve success.