• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Twins at White Sox

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the game Lynn starts against openers we lose. But our openers vs Sox killer Berrios in the nightcap we win.

Go figure!!!!
On a dramatic walkoff Earl Weaver special...fun win!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a dramatic walkoff Earl Weaver special...fun win!
You know what, here we are kinda pissing and moaning over that game one loss and I'd even say for good reason. But the nightcap showed why this is becoming a special season. The old Sox - and I'm talking even just two years ago old - never would have come from behind like this. Buckle up boys, we're in for a crazy second half!!

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what, here we are kinda pissing and moaning over that game one loss and I'd even say for good reason. But the nightcap showed why this is becoming a special season. The old Sox - and I'm talking even just two years ago old - never would have come from behind like this. Buckle up boys, we're in for a crazy second half!!
Every winning season including 2005 has games like that, it's party of the fun of following a winner.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And despite this wacky day, if the Astros can hold on to their lead against the Tribe (presently 4-2), we might actually add an additional half game to our lead.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And despite this wacky day, if the Astros can hold on to their lead against the Tribe (presently 4-2), we might actually add an additional half game to our lead.
Credit to Lopez, who didn't shit the bed and in fact was ok (1 ER in 3 innings). Then the back of the pen guys finished it well.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And fellow diehards, more encouraging news:

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gavin Sheets is a ball player - and he is getting a reputation as a guy who rises to the challenge. Ironically - Sheets and Burger were guys who could have been trade bait, but both of them have played in a way to make it really hard to trade them.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gavin Sheets is a ball player - and he is getting a reputation as a guy who rises to the challenge. Ironically - Sheets and Burger were guys who could have been trade bait, but both of them have played in a way to make it really hard to trade them.
If either one is a trade candidate, I think Burger would be the one. I would have said the same thing about Sheets a month or so ago, but like Vaughn, he's adapted himself to handle the outfield, which gives him added value, plus it sure as hell doesn't hurt that he also brings a lefty power bat to increase his value. Unfortunately for Jake, he's pretty much locked into 3b and as a RH bat at that, the latter quality in which we have greater numbers already.

Of course this is not to say that either player is being considered trade bait at the present. Our needs don't seem to be nearly as dire as they were earlier on. Maybe a RP, maybe a 2B and if either position would be filled by a rental, then both of these two players would be too valuable to give up in exchange.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If either one is a trade candidate, I think Burger would be the one. I would have said the same thing about Sheets a month or so ago, but like Vaughn, he's adapted himself to handle the outfield, which gives him added value, plus it sure as hell doesn't hurt that he also brings a lefty power bat to increase his value. Unfortunately for Jake, he's pretty much locked into 3b and as a RH bat at that, the latter quality in which we have greater numbers already.

Of course this is not to say that either player is being considered trade bait at the present. Our needs don't seem to be nearly as dire as they were earlier on. Maybe a RP, maybe a 2B and if either position would be filled by a rental, then both of these two players would be too valuable to give up in exchange.
I think we will see Burger at 2nd base soon - if just for a look see.

I think the Sox would rather trade Burger - or Sheets- than some of their younger pitching prospects, but would need a legitimate prospect and a Reliever or 2nd baseman in return.

It would be nice to get Craig Bryant from the Cubs and Frazier for 2nd base from the Pirates. If the sox do that they are announcing their intention to compete in a world series.

I read recently that Carlos Rodon and family have just built their dream home in Indiana and maybe is more amenable to a White Sox home town discount. A couple of Boras' clients have forced him to accept other considerations in signing a contract.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the Sox would rather trade Burger - or Sheets- than some of their younger pitching prospects, but would need a legitimate prospect and a Reliever or 2nd baseman in return.

It would be nice to get Craig Bryant from the Cubs and Frazier for 2nd base from the Pirates. If the sox do that they are announcing their intention to compete in a world series.

I read recently that Carlos Rodon and family have just built their dream home in Indiana and maybe is more amenable to a White Sox home town discount. A couple of Boras' clients have forced him to accept other considerations in signing a contract.
You put a lot on the plate here. :)

Can't hurt to see how Jake handles the 2b spot, but something tells me he wouldn't fare all that well. Just doesn't have the body type for that position. But then again, WTF do I know. I agree we might have a bit more ready-to-trade depth at the positional level vs pitching, yet I'd still be more inclined to part with a couple of mid-level pitchers for some immediate rental help. Frazier would cost a lot, no doubt.

As for Rodon, maybe he'd give us a smallish discount, but it will still end up as a monster contract, larger than any we've ever given. With Kopech waiting in the wings, I just don't see this happening.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope they intend to no matter what they do at the deadline.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which Ober will we be seeing tonite. 3 weeks ago we pretty much owned him, chasing him off the mound before he could get out of the 4th inning. But the last time we faced him, he owned us, tossing 5 shutout innings.

And speaking of which pitcher will show up, the same thing in a way can be said about Keuchel. It seems of late that every other start he's been hot-n-cold. His last outing was hot, so let's hope he breaks the trend tonite!!

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the game Lynn starts against openers we lose. But our openers vs Sox killer Berrios in the nightcap we win.

Go figure!!!!
Things kind of evened out with us stealing game two. Doesn't change that the first game was infuriating, though.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was anyone else like…”We’re getting nothing” when it was Collins with 1 out?

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is making me irrationally angry right now. It’s only one reg season game but ffs.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
burr should NOT have been pitching there. dumb move by tlr.
Yeah. That dude is garbage time mop up. Not 1 run 8th inning game. I know it’s the Twins and they’re pretty bad this year but wtf.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was some nice baserunning by Engel.