• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Abreu's next contract

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 800 lb gorilla in the room. Altho we're still in the midst of a divisional/possible playoff race......what the Sox do with Pito in '23 will likely be question #1 the split second our season comes to an end. Here's a pretty good take on the matter:

It's hard to imagine a Sox team without this stud being in the lineup. But OTOH, we have way too many 1B/DH level personnel on this roster as it presently stands. Something's gotta gotta give, one way or the other.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 800 lb gorilla in the room. Altho we're still in the midst of a divisional/possible playoff race......what the Sox do with Pito in '23 will likely be question #1 the split second our season comes to an end. Here's a pretty good take on the matter:

It's hard to imagine a Sox team without this stud being in the lineup. But OTOH, we have way too many 1B/DH level personnel on this roster as it presently stands. Something's gotta gotta give, one way or the other.
He gone.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm leaning that way as well, but then again I wouldn't bet the mortgage on this.
Sox need to save the money for Vaughn. Vaughn won’t be tricked like other young players into signing shady Hahn extensions.

Also, let’s not forget the Sox will need to save money to sign someone stupid like they did with Keuchel.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sox need to save the money for Vaughn. Vaughn won’t be tricked like other young players into signing shady Hahn extensions.

Also, let’s not forget the Sox will need to save money to sign someone stupid like they did with Keuchel.
Quite sensible what you just stated. But when I said don't bet the mortgage on Abreu being gone, I was more referring to the possibility that he might take a one or two year deal, which would fit into the White Sox infamous cheapskate wheelhouse. This in turn wouldn't jeopardize any possible contract issues with Vaughn, who's signed thru '26.

However, one thing we're likely all in agreement on is the fact that our team is simply overstocked with 1B/DH type of players. That's why I said something has to give. It could very well mean buhbye to Pito, but I can't discount the possibility something might be worked out that would leave him in a Good Guy's uni for at least another season. Also remember, we can never underestimate Jerry's oft times wacky sense of loyalty to certain people, and Pito happens to be one of those.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Abreu has earned another year or two, but he will need to up his percentage of DH games.