• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: White Sox at Houston - ALDS Best of Five

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And apparently the players felt the same way!!

As was also discussed on this thread, we are about to face Sox killer Lance McCullers tomorrow. But since it was was inevitable that we'd see him again in this series, isn't it better that we do so in front of all these incredible fans?
I think so. He’s known to lose his control. Hopefully the hitters stay patient and the crowd gets in his head

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think so. He’s known to lose his control. Hopefully the hitters stay patient and the crowd gets in his head
Unfortunately we have so many first pitch swingers I dont expect that to happen

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It never ceases to amaze me how much I can learn to detest an opposing team within just a few days.

Eh well...F*ck 'em.

GAME DAY BLOUSES.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i rewatched the game from sunday and two things stuck out to me. before yasmani hit his hr he CLEARLY struck out two pitches before. the ball was 100% within the strike zone. (game changer). then the ball that yasmani hit to first where he was CLEARLY out of the base path and interfered with the throw home. (game changer).
so ... were we good? or were we lucky that the umps helped the sox win that game? i expect a little shit here but, if the roles had be reversed ... what you have said?

i'd LOVED to have heard the umps explanation of that 'out of the base path' play. has anyone seen anything on that?

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i rewatched the game from sunday and two things stuck out to me. before yasmani hit his hr he CLEARLY struck out two pitches before. the ball was 100% within the strike zone. (game changer). then the ball that yasmani hit to first where he was CLEARLY out of the base path and interfered with the throw home. (game changer).
so ... were we good? or were we lucky that the umps helped the sox win that game? i expect a little shit here but, if the roles had be reversed ... what you have said?

i'd LOVED to have heard the umps explanation of that 'out of the base path' play. has anyone seen anything on that?

We got the explanation in-game. The out of basebath rule only applies when there is an attempt to tag, therefore he was not called out. I was surprised and fully expected us to be out there too. Might be a slight change in the rules as a result of that play.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Glad you expected shit because you're about to get it. First off, I wouldn't re-watch a game we won just to look for mistakes. And secondly, why not just enjoy the fact that we won the game? Why do you have to beat what is obvious to everyone on the planet a dead horse. The game is over, move on.

You remember when I once said I was a glass half full kind of fan, whereas you're a half empty? I'm changing it to a 15/16 empty for you.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, the way Tom Hallion called balls and strikes Sunday was one of the worst I've ever seen...on both sides. Dude is just terrible...and that he is so demonstrative...oh man...It's probably very difficult for the players/coaches not to go ballistic on him.

Bearsfan81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
99 from Rodon! Keep that adrenaline pumping!

Bearsfan81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HUGE strikeouts to strand Altuve! Actual strikes being thrown! Cease started out hot as well, hopefully Rodon can keep this up next inning.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dealing b*tches.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That low first strike just mentally beat Grandal. Eh well...Next inning.

Bearsfan81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Velocity down in the 2nd but another 0 put up by Rodon!

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carlos with a second good inning. His velocity is back to his normal range...Hope he keeps it going.

Be interesting with how they handle the long relief. LaRussa said both Gio and Lynn could be used for this game and wouldn't name a starter for game 5. Guessing 4-5 innings max for Rodon. If we get that, though, that's what our bully is made for.

Bearsfan81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carlos with a second good inning. His velocity is back to his normal range...Hope he keeps it going.

Be interesting with how they handle the long relief. LaRussa said both Gio and Lynn could be used for this game and wouldn't name a starter for game 5. Guessing 4-5 innings max for Rodon. If we get that, though, that's what our bully is made for.

If they go to the pen early I assume they’d go with Lynn saving Giolito for tomorrow.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok...Where the f*ck is @Mingo

???

WE ON OUR WAY BABY.

Jiddy