• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: White Sox at Houston - ALDS Best of Five

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WAT. That sucks.
I know the midwest has been having some nasty ass weather the past few days - looks like it finally made its way to the Chitown region. The good news is whatever storms are heading there will be gone by tomorrow.

Bearsfan81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've witnessed many a game over the decades where the Sox faithful rooted quite fervently for their beloved home team. But I thought last night's crowd was as loud and raucous as ANY game I've ever seen, and this includes all the home games of our entire '05 postseason.

While I agree the crowd last night was incredible, I don't think the stadium has ever been louder than when Paulie hit that grand slam in game 2.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree the crowd last night was incredible, I don't think the stadium has ever been louder than when Paulie hit that grand slam in game 2.
Agreed there, that was epic and outright historical and the fans reacted accordingly. I was referring to the entire game as a whole. The fans were electric thruout last night's battle, even when we were down early on. Of course the real insanity began with Grandal's 2 run dinger and just carried over from there.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There may or may not be something to this, but all I know is we either beat them or we don't. Not making any excuses under either circumstance.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting....
Wouldn't surprise me....but would Houston be that dumb enough to risk that shit again?
Or have they figured out a totally different method of masking it??

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This cane guy getting meme status is cracking me the f*ck up.

Dusty Baker basically giving up a press conference F You because of Tepera's insinuation is not...but if it gets him to make a pitching change mid at-bat again I'm all for it.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until there's proof, comes off as sour grapes.
I actually liked the move. Now every player and coach on the Astros has to answer questions about it again. I’m a fan of fucking with your opponents

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want answers on the parking saga!

And I'm happy for ya...It looked insane on tv! Run it back again today!
I got there 2 hrs early at IIT for 30 bucks. Actually worked out better than parking in the main lots. I was on the highway in 5 minutes. Couldn’t imagine the traffic jam in the main lots leaving there

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got there 2 hrs early at IIT for 30 bucks. Actually worked out better than parking in the main lots. I was on the highway in 5 minutes. Couldn’t imagine the traffic jam in the main lots leaving there

Sweet. Glad you had a good time, saw an epic White Sox win and didn't get railed for bullsh*t markup parking. :)

Bearsfan81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like McCullers is starting game 4 now - enormous mountain to climb but all the momentum will be on our side if the Sox can pull off a win tomorrow. Just got to stay patient and get our walks off him.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like McCullers is starting game 4 now - enormous mountain to climb but all the momentum will be on our side if the Sox can pull off a win tomorrow. Just got to stay patient and get our walks off him.
Well the advantage of giving Rodon an extra day for his health is now nullified by Sox killer McCullers getting the nod, which he wouldn't been given if the game went off as scheduled today.

On the potential plus side tho is if we can whup them tomorrow, the advantage will then swing to the Sox, and that's taking into account we'd have to play the final game in their yahd.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the advantage of giving Rodon an extra day for his health is now nullified by Sox killer McCullers getting the nod, which he wouldn't been given if the game went off as scheduled today.

On the potential plus side tho is if we can whup them tomorrow, the advantage will then swing to the Sox, and that's taking into account we'd have to play the final game in their yahd.

He would have pitched game 5 anyway...Best we take him on with home cooking. If we get over on him, the momentum will be to our advantage and pressure will all swing their way.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would have pitched game 5 anyway...Best we take him on with home cooking. If we get over on him, the momentum and pressure will all swing their way.
Exactly. That's why even if we played today and won, the advantage would have still been very much in Houston's corner. Game 5 at home with a roaring crowd and against a pitcher who has owned the Sox. Like you said, at least with a little home cooking this might even the playing field a bit.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Astros shouldn't get a free pass from innuendo - based on recent history - stories like this come with the territory.

I'd rather face McCullers in Chicago than back in Houston for game 5.

The White Sox have the best home record in MLB - that's probably due to some kind of reason other than luck.

The postponement - does take down a White Sox advantage that would have been there today - having stayed up late, but slept in their own beds - while the Astro are visitors.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Astros shouldn't get a free pass from innuendo - based on recent history - stories like this come with the territory.

I'd rather face McCullers in Chicago than back in Houston for game 5.

The White Sox have the best home record in MLB - that's probably due to some kind of reason other than luck.

The postponement - does take down a White Sox advantage that would have been there today - having stayed up late, but slept in their own beds - while the Astro are visitors.
. Hilarious take when the team caught cheating had to do less

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The atmosphere last night was absolutely insane. Very cool experience

The fans were electric thruout last night's battle, even when we were down early on. Of course the real insanity began with Grandal's 2 run dinger and just carried over from there.
And apparently the players felt the same way!!

As was also discussed on this thread, we are about to face Sox killer Lance McCullers tomorrow. But since it was was inevitable that we'd see him again in this series, isn't it better that we do so in front of all these incredible fans?