• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which team would would be left out of the title game if we were still under the BCS system?

Which team would've been left out if we were still under the BCS system?

• Clemson

Votes: 38 95.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think LSU would be in because they're an undefeated SEC team. I think the title game under the BCS would be LSU v. Ohio State, but would it be crazy to leave out the unbeaten defending champion?

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank god for the 4 team play off or they would have fucked us for sure.

Reactions: gob

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ELRuJsiX0AEQbJO

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. It sucks that it comes down to that in a P5 conference, but it is what it is. Perception is a bitch sometimes.
And worse, Clemson scheduled 2 P5 teams. Not like USCe is anything special, but there are seasons they can put up a fight with solid teams. And would think when TAM was scheduled they were a tough out at the time.

I've seen it with my team as well when BIG was viewed as a far lesser conference. Wasn't OSU's fault. OSU also scheduled Cal at a time they were a solid team but they completely fell off the map. as did Va Tech. Ironically, year they beat us we made it (and due to incredibly tough sched.) and year we beat them we were out.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think LSU would be in because they're an undefeated SEC team. I think the title game under the BCS would be LSU v. Ohio State, but would it be crazy to leave out the unbeaten defending champion?

Yeah, it seems pretty crazy that you could have an unbeaten defending champion left out.

But technically speaking, it's supposed to be based on this season with no consideration given for previous seasons.

If SoS is supposed to actually mean something, then Clemson would be left out in your scenario.

Which would definitely feel really weird. But would be the correct call.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not defending, reigning. They cant lose their title from last year like a boxing belt.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is Alabama in the 2 on the right?
Below 10th? :noidea:

Out of contention according to those systems apparently. Those systems on the right probably disregard more of the previous seasons' results it would seem?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it seems pretty crazy that you could have an unbeaten defending champion left out.

But technically speaking, it's supposed to be based on this season with no consideration given for previous seasons.

If SoS is supposed to actually mean something, then Clemson would be left out in your scenario.

Which would definitely feel really weird. But would be the correct call.

Maybe it's supposed to just be based on the current season, but I believe that the decision makers have always considered performance in recent seasons. I think that's a big reason that Alabama got into the title game in 2012.

And I don't have a problem with looking at recent seasons to judge who are the best teams. There's really only so much data you can get from the current season. Clemson's current season is a great example. They're unlucky in that the ACC sucks. Thankfully, we can look at data from last season to confirm that they are an excellent team.

Twiztidbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 890.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson is underrated. Anyone of the 3 unbeaten could have been ranked #1 and I would have been fine with it. Hopefully the winner of THE Ohio State University and Clemson Tigers comes out healthy and no injuries on both teams. Same can be said for LSU and Oklahoma game.

Reactions: LSU

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not defending, reigning. They cant lose their title from last year like a boxing belt.

I understand your point that the national championship is an annual award, but I think a lot of people do think of it as a title that the winner defends the following season. And until Clemson is out of the title hunt, many people will refer to them as the defending champs.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's supposed to just be based on the current season, but I believe that the decision makers have always considered performance in recent seasons. I think that's a big reason that Alabama got into the title game in 2012.

And I don't have a problem with looking at recent seasons to judge who are the best teams. There's really only so much data you can get from the current season. Clemson's current season is a great example. They're unlucky in that the ACC sucks. Thankfully, we can look at data from last season to confirm that they are an excellent team.

Oh, I agree that they look at other things. I think they also look at things like what teams will draw the most eyeballs to tv's...which is why a lot of folks
didn't want Utah to win the PAC-12 CCG.

But based on what we're told they consider, Clemson would be the one to be left out.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you imagine the shit fits that would be happening right now without a 4 team playoff? :drool:

It makes me downright nostalgic.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand your point that the national championship is an annual award, but I think a lot of people do think of it as a title that the winner defends the following season. And until Clemson is out of the title hunt, many people will refer to them as the defending champs.
Even on the selection show they said reigning