• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which players will not make the 2013 team?

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who were on the team last season or were acquired through free agency, but will be replaced with a draft pick or are not good enough too old now or cost too much to make the team now.

Hampton
Dobbs
Hastings
Moore
Jennings
Netter
Divens
Skuta

On the bubble
Dixon
Lockette
McBath
Brock
Johnson

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Are you cutting Brian Jennings? We have had an undrafted long snapper the last few years. I don't think whoever it has been has ever been a threat to make the team. Just like I imagine we'll sign another kicker, and possibly Nate Montana, they're just camp fodder so that Jennings, Dawson and Kaep don't over work themselves in camp.

I also think Dixon makes it. He still brings the ST ability, and I thought he ran a lot harder last year than he had in previous seasons. We haven't really brought in a RB to challenge for that spot this year (Lattimore will not be on the 53 man opening day), so I'm confident Dixon makes the team.

I'll come up with a list of guys in trouble later, although I agree with much of yours. I don't want to be the guy who disagrees but doesn't provide any alternatives.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Jennings will stay with McDonald being the emergency long snapper.

Lattimore is likely hitting the IR so I think Dixon makes it as well but in 2014 he might be out of luck unless Gore is gone.

Dobbs might sneak on since he's good on ST and he has some utility to play other positions like TE in an emergency or DL.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason why I think Jennings is cut is his salary. He makes $940,000 this year and $1,035,000 next year. An undrafted LS would cost about $350,000. I just hope that if he is not kept that the 9ers get a consistent LS. Jennings has been so reliable.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jennings isn't going anywhere and neither is Dixon. I think chances are Skuta remains as well due to our lack of depth on the inside.

As for as everyone else on your list, they will be fighting for their jobs this offseason.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Might be easier just to do a 53-man projection. Here's a very early guess. I go a bit heavier on D here, as we're grooming more guys on that side of the ball and LBs and DBs have more value on STs coverage units.

QB (3): Kap, McCoy, Tolzien

RB (4): Gore, Hunter, LMJ, Dixon, Miller; Lattimore on PUP or IR.

TE (3): Davis, McDonald, Celek

WR (5): Crabtree, Boldin, Jenkins, Williams, Patton; Manningham on PUP

OL (8): Staley, Iupati, Goodwin, Boone, Davis, Kilgore, Looney, ???; too tough to call that last spot right now. Netter? Wiggins? One of the rookies?

DL (7): J. Smith, Dorsey, McDonald, Carradine, Williams, Dobbs, Dial

LB (9): A. Smith, Willis, Bowman, Brooks, Lemonier, Haralson, Johnson, Wilhoite, Skuta

CB (6): Rodgers, Brown, Culliver, Asomugha, Cox, Brock

S (5): Reid, Whitner, Dahl, Spillman, Robinson

ST (3): Dawson, Lee, Jennings

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Jennings isn't going anywhere and neither is Dixon. I think chances are Skuta remains as well due to our lack of depth on the inside.

As for as everyone else on your list, they will be fighting for their jobs this offseason.

I figure there's one spot between Skuta and Moody. Skuta's got the experience, so he may be the odds-on favorite to win the spot.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be easier just to do a 53-man projection. Here's a very early guess. I go a bit heavier on D here, as we're grooming more guys on that side of the ball and LBs and DBs have more value on STs coverage units.

OL (8): Staley, Iupati, Goodwin, Boone, Davis, Kilgore, Looney, ???; too tough to call that last spot right now. Netter? Wiggins? One of the rookies?

LB (9): A. Smith, Willis, Bowman, Brooks, Lemonier, Haralson, Johnson, Wilhoite, Skuta

You got one too many, Crim. think you miscounted the RB's.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm pretty sure Fleming makes the team

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm pretty sure Fleming makes the team

I was torn between Johnson and Fleming. Went with Johnson because he has more pass rush ability, but maybe Lemonier makes him redundant. Fleming offers more on STs, and probably has more ability in space than our other OLBs. It's possible Haralson gets cut, too. He's more expensive than the young guys.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Though Johnson was also one of my last additions. It's possible we only keep eight LBs, but I'd imagine we'll try to keep five.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB (2): Kap, McCoy

RB (5): Gore, Hunter, LMJ, Dixon, Miller; Lattimore on PUP or IR.

OL (8): Staley, Iupati, Goodwin, Boone, Davis, Kilgore, Looney, Carter Bykowski or Luke Marquardt

LB (9): A. Smith, Willis, Bowman, Brooks, Lemonier, Haralson, Johnson, Fleming, Skuta

I could see Dial, Dobbs, Moody, Skuta being fluid.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was torn between Johnson and Fleming. Went with Johnson because he has more pass rush ability, but maybe Lemonier makes him redundant. Fleming offers more on STs, and probably has more ability in space than our other OLBs. It's possible Haralson gets cut, too. He's more expensive than the young guys.

I think Fleming will play ILB. Also Haralson will stick because we have no experience in our OLBs and we need to get a rotation going in our front 7

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
QB (2): Kap, McCoy

RB (5): Gore, Hunter, LMJ, Dixon, Miller; Lattimore on PUP or IR.

OL (8): Staley, Iupati, Goodwin, Boone, Davis, Kilgore, Looney, Carter Bykowski or Luke Marquardt

LB (9): A. Smith, Willis, Bowman, Brooks, Lemonier, Haralson, Johnson, Fleming, Skuta

I could see Dial, Dobbs, Moody, Skuta being fluid.

they drafted Moody as a special teams deamon, IMO he has better odds of making it than Dial. Dial must have a lot of potential to be drafted, but he doesn't have a lot of game time on his resume.

Dial will likely be fighting for a spot on the PS, ie developmental squad.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they drafted Moody as a special teams deamon, IMO he has better odds of making it than Dial. Dial must have a lot of potential to be drafted, but he doesn't have a lot of game time on his resume.

Dial will likely be fighting for a spot on the PS, ie developmental squad.

Dial was the main back up for RDE, NT, and LDE. He is going to make the team as a RJF guy who can back up every spot. Having linemen on both offense and defense who can do that are very valuable.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dial was the main back up for RDE, NT, and LDE. He is going to make the team as a RJF guy who can back up every spot. Having linemen on both offense and defense who can do that are very valuable.

like the optimism, really do, but he didn't even play much in college?

anyway, we can only wait and see?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

depends on who backs up Brooks? they must have targetted someone for Brooks spot, the strong side OLB? this requires a lot of all around ability, and is typically a little heavier. wasn't Fleming targetted for it? can Haralson move to that side AND play it ok?

Lemonier MAY be it too, but his bio makes me think more of Aldon, the weakside OLB? Cam seems to fit this side too, granted not as much?