• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which of these guys should be in the HOF their 1st eligible year?

Which 1st year eligible player should be in the HoF in 2013?

• Total voters

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised that four voted for Kenny Loften. First-ballot HOFer? Not sure about that at all.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It seems that most are going with what the voters will actually do when the qiestion was who "should". That's gives Biggio the votes he needs because the writers who vote won't let Bonds and Clemons in. Piazza is a no-brainer. Arguably, the best hitting catcher ever. Defensively not very good but not as terrible as most think either, imo. 3000 hit players all get in and Biggio will not be an exception. It's sad that the writers will penalize those other guys. Bonds is probably the best all-around player ever in this game with or without the roids and Clemons is a top 5 pitcher ever. These hypocrite voters need to get over their arrogance and realize this if we really want to put the steroid era behind us. Nobody else on this list deserves first-ballot enshrinement. Some maybe in future votes but first-ballot is an exclusive club.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We find out today who (if any) get in.

I watched a debate on MLBN about the HOF last night. It was pretty interesting. So many questions and what if's to be looked at. It becomes a heated debate between many very quickly.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the 1st time since 1996, no players were inducted into the Hall of Fame.

As I think about it now, IDK why I picked Sosa. All I remember about him was that 1 year. If you've ever seen Ken Burns' Baseball documentary, he gives a lot of praise to Bonds, especially his early years. If he had the impact that Burns said he did, then he easily should be a Hall of Famer.

Roger Clemens is another one I think should have been. He was a beast on the mound and was a huge reason for teams success.