• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which of these guys should be in the HOF their 1st eligible year?

Which 1st year eligible player should be in the HoF in 2013?

• Total voters

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously there are more than 10 available, but I just took the top 10 on this list that is 1st year elgible.

Craig Biggio
Barry Bonds
Roger Clemens
Roberto Hernandez
Kenny Loften
Jose Mesa
Mike Piazza
Curt Schilling
Sammy Sosa
David Wells

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I didn't know you could vote for more than one.

EnterSandman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno how I'd differentiate between first-ballot HOFers and deserving-but-not-first-ballot players. Bonds and Clemens are shoo-ins for me (though there's obvious divide among fans there), as are Piazza and Biggio. Schilling and Sosa are probably deserving, and Lofton is borderline.

Nobody else on the list (for 1st ballot guys) should really be given consideration.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno how I'd differentiate between first-ballot HOFers and deserving-but-not-first-ballot players. Bonds and Clemens are shoo-ins for me (though there's obvious divide among fans there), as are Piazza and Biggio. Schilling and Sosa are probably deserving, and Lofton is borderline.

Nobody else on the list (for 1st ballot guys) should really be given consideration.

^^^
agree,except for Lofton-he should get in on 1st ballot
great hitter,fielder,on base %

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think biggio roided as well

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steroids aside, you can look at Bonds, Clemens, Piazza and Biggio and say they were the best at their position for a decent stretch of their careers. Bonds and Clemens were arguably Hall of Fame worthy prior to getting sauced out of their minds, Piazza couldn't throw a runner out for his life but in terms of blocking the plate and calling games he was outstanding (on top of hitting for average not just power), and Biggio was the best 2nd baseman of his generation and should be in.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggio, Clemens, Lofton, Schilling, Piazza.

Why Clemens on first ballot, but not Bonds?

Personally, I keep the "PED" players off my ballot for their first year, but after that, they go into the kitty. I did not give Bonds or Clemens my vote this year, but they will both absolutely be on my ballot in '14 if they are not voted in this year.

My ballot this year...

Biggio
Piazza
Trammell
Smith
Raines
McGwire

I did not see that Lofton was eligible this year. I may add him.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm about as close as you can get for voting for Schilling without voting him on the first try. Those 2 seasons in Arizona were stupendous... but he didn't have to be the man with an equally dominant Randy Johnson pitching ahead of him. I always liked the guy though, and I wish the O's had seen enough to hold on to him. Thank the heavens that the O's were a burgeoning good team at the time, otherwise that trade of Steve Finley, Pete Harnisch and Curt Schilling to the Astros for Glenn Davis would've hurt even more.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bonds,schilling and piazza is who i voted for ..............i dont think clemens gets in based on his boston years only like i feel about bonds before the alleged juicing

edit .... i did some fact checking and yes clemens should get in based on boston years

never really noticed him being that good in boston (i was a bit young back then)

Last edited by a moderator:

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I voted Bonds, Clemons, Piazza. I probably should give Biggio some consideration as well but he's always been kind of under the radar for me, if you know what I mean. Can't really explain it. As for the PED's, I just don't give a damn anymore. I never cared for Clemons or Bonds from a personal standpoint because of their personalities. I don't know the men so can only base that on what I've seen from the outside but from a pure baseball on-field perspective, those 2 are among the greatest ever in this game, steroids or not, period. They won't get in because the BBWAA will penalize them and that, to me, isn't right. It's just my opinion and I know many people can't forgive the steroid era but as I stated, I just don't care. It needs to be put behind us at some point.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't realize it was multiple choice and so I went for Piazza, the no-brainer. If I had realized it was multiple choice, I'd have voted for:

Barry Bonds
Roger Clemens
Mike Piazza
Curt Schilling (even though I detest the bigmouth)
David Wells

I wouldn't vote for Biggio. Yeah, he's a fan favorite and loved by all, but he's not a first-ballot HOFer in my book.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bonds, Clemens, Sosa are tainted, be hard to get in. I think Sosa wasnt that great of a player, just HR hitter.

I would vote Piazza, Wells, Lofton, Schilling, and prob Biggio.

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, for sure they won't get in. Sosa, not a chance. But Bonds was great with/without the 'roids and so was Clemens. Clemens was a first-ballot before he ever took his first injection and everyone knows it. To me, if Sammy gets in, so should Rafael Palmero - another lying scumbag juicer.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, for sure they won't get in. Sosa, not a chance. But Bonds was great with/without the 'roids and so was Clemens. Clemens was a first-ballot before he ever took his first injection and everyone knows it. To me, if Sammy gets in, so should Rafael Palmero - another lying scumbag juicer.

Yeah Bonds and Clemens were 100x the player Sosa was roids or not. And I think Palmeiro was a great player too, not up to Bonds level, but just an all-around great player.

I think Piazza, Wells, and Schilling, with all the juicing on this list, will be definite 1st team ballot.