• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which 15 HOF semifinalists should be selected for Class of 2015.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely understand why TD is not getting in. And obviously I am the homer here as I got to watch the guy play and honestly he was my favorite Bronco player of all-time so that probably doesn't help my cause in this argument. TD definitely benefited from being on a great team but I will say he is the reason Elway is not considered Marino right now. TD was what got that team over the top to be able to win the Super Bowl 2 years in a row.

Again I understand why he is on the outside looking in. He most likely will have his best chance as the lifetime award kind of guy especially if he continues with his broadcasting career like he is. Just hate that injury does play such a factor in these guys getting in or not. I do think if he was playing in today's NFL where medical technology is so advanced he would have done just fine coming back and continuing in his career. He was just 10-years ahead of his time to have that crazy career that we talk about for years.

Same for all those guys who's careers were shortened (including Sayers and Butkis for that matter). I'm sure he'd would been back to MVP levels for sure.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol at the sensitive Pats fans.

This Rams fan actually thinks the Pats only won because they held the receivers off the line....something that doesn't happen anymore thanks to Peyton Manning.

The videotaping thing was cheating but probably not a big reason.

Ty Law should also get a lot of credit.
not peyton manning = but their idiot GM/Bill [na]polian,...I believe he was on the rules-comm. back then and demanded immediate changes esp. after what the big bad bully patriots did to his ''cry-baby'' team in the post-season.

clemtheslowson

back from the dead
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol at the sensitive Pats fans.

This Rams fan actually thinks the Pats only won because they held the receivers off the line....something that doesn't happen anymore thanks to Peyton Manning.

The videotaping thing was cheating but probably not a big reason.

Ty Law should also get a lot of credit.

So you credit Manning for us having to watch the weekly flag fest that is the NFL?

Thanks.

As YAPP would say, you are a fuckstick.

clemtheslowson

back from the dead
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not peyton manning = but their idiot GM/Bill [na]polian,...I believe he was on the rules-comm. back then and demanded immediate changes esp. after what the big bad bully patriots did to his ''cry-baby'' team in the post-season.

Mother, I appreciate your restraint when speaking with these idiots.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*.....after-all = they did pay a lotta $$$ for their FAT-heads/car-beds/apparel/bobble-heads, etc......and then......we came-along and ~swiped~ it away....!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you credit Manning for us having to watch the weekly flag fest that is the NFL?

Thanks.

As YAPP would say, you are a fuckstick.
I guess there is more than one way to read 'thanks to Peyton Manning' in a sentence. Kinda like there is more than one way to read 'or else Elway would be seen like Marino' but thats a whole different can of worms thrown out by a different post.

Im just saying that the Colts complained about the same thing that had been going on for years and they got their way and the game changed.

History has also been kind to the Patriots for a variety of justifiable reasons. Ty Law picked off Peyton Manning when he was on the Chiefs and the Chiefs still got trucked. The Pats had the best defense in the league at that moment and thats all you need to win a Super Bowl even if its bending the rules as far as you can.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^this too^^,....clayton.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*....you could bundle ((peyton-n-polian)) together....for those rule-changes.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Semifinalists

Morten Andersen
Steve Atwater
Jerome Bettis
Tim Brown
Isaac Bruce*
Don Coryell
Roger Craig
Terrell Davis
Tony Dungy
Kevin Greene
Charles Haley
Marvin Harrison
Torry Holt*
Joe Jacoby
Edgerrin James*
Jimmy Johnson
Mike Kenn
Ty Law*
John Lynch
Kevin Mawae*
Karl Mecklenburg
Orlando Pace*
Junior Seau*
Will Shields

Kurt Warner*
Darren Woodson

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely the player who ranks #1, #2, and #3 on the all time list of passing yards in a superbowl.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly didnt know Polian was an idiot till he became a draft analyst on TV.

If modern football has shown me anything its that you arent beating a good defense in the playoffs very often if you can't play 'both ways'. A lot of stellar passing attacks get shut down. A lot of great running games get shut down. The great QBs need to run the football. The great running attacks need a competent QB. Its a big reason why a guy like Aaron Rodgers only has 1 Super Bowl appearance.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Semifinalists for Pro Football Hall of Fame's 2015 class - NFL.com

* = 1st year eligible

Semifinalists

Morten Andersen
Steve Atwater
Jerome Bettis
Tim Brown
Isaac Bruce*
Don Coryell
Roger Craig
Terrell Davis
Tony Dungy
Kevin Greene
Charles Haley
Marvin Harrison
Torry Holt*
Joe Jacoby
Edgerrin James*
Jimmy Johnson
Mike Kenn
Ty Law*
John Lynch
Kevin Mawae*
Karl Mecklenburg
Orlando Pace*
Junior Seau*
Will Shields
Kurt Warner*
Darren Woodson

***Minnesota's C Mick Tingelhoff was non-modern era selected in the HOF.

I can live with these 15 advancing.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...I remember Denver's karl Mecklenburg in the mid/late-80's....and I also remember denver had a deaf black player [linebacker ?] on that same team too,.......my question is = why is Mecklenburg even a finalist.....??

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you still have your panties in a bunch??

You guys are hilarious, spy gate didn't help you in that SuperBowl. You were the more physical and better team that day, Belicheck was light years better coach then Martz too. Though I stand by what I say about the Raiders not being able to beat the Rams in the Super Bowl. The tuck rule cost the Rams another title.

Bradyjustwins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are hilarious, spy gate didn't help you in that SuperBowl. You were the more physical and better team that day, Belicheck was light years better coach then Martz too. Though I stand by what I say about the Raiders not being able to beat the Rams in the Super Bowl. The tuck rule cost the Rams another title.

Yeah it wasn't a great match up for the Raiders had they moved on. That being said the Steelers and Pats were the #1 and #2 seeds for a reason. People assume the Raiders were a shoe in to win had they beat NE. Yet they had to play on the road because they were the 3 seed.

No guarantee they would have went to Pitt and won.