• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Which departure hurts the most?

Which departure will hurt their team the most?

• Gronk (TB)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adams (GB)

Votes: 26 60.5%
  • Hill (KC)

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • Potato Salad

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh they got Hardman who IMO is a similar skillset. Yes he's not Hill proven yet, but it's a similar mold.

Oh and as Harold pointed out I forgot they got Schuster... I mean who knows if he'll do anything, but he'll have good a chance as any with Mahomes/Reid.
Basically with the Chiefs if they're going to be making the playoffs then you're betting two players will make up for Hill's production. The Chiefs the past two seasons really weren't quite as scary on offense as the Chiefs from the two seasons previous because they didnt have a healthy Sammy Watkins or a Kareem Hunt. It was Mahomes with two really scary dudes in Kelce and Hill. Now its Mahomes with one scary dude in Kelce and they need some combination of MVS, Hardman, Skyy Moore and Juju to make up the difference. Or Ronald Jones but Im not holding my breath there.

As far as Hardman is concerned, I dont think the Chiefs are going to replace T Hill 1 to 1 unless teams run the same types of defenses they ran against the Chiefs still. If I'm looking at Skyy Moore and Juju, I'm not thinking that I'm getting beat over the top. Im worried about the short stuff. So teams will play the Chiefs different and things will look different. Probably. So its up to Andy Reid to come up with something different which he has done many times before. Its just whether or not it will work in a stacked AFC.

edit - cant type

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically with the Chiefs if they're going to be making the playoffs then you're betting two players will make up for Hill's production. The Chiefs the past two seasons really weren't quite as scary on offense as the Chiefs from the two seasons previous because they didnt have a healthy Sammy Watkins or a Kareem Hunt. It was Mahomes with two really scary dudes in Kelce and Hill. Now its Mahomes with one scary dude in Kelce and they need some combination of MVS, Hardman, Skyy Moore and Juju to make up the difference. Or Ronald Jones but Im not holding my breath there.

As far as Hardman is concerned, I dont think the Chiefs are going to replace T Hill 1 to 1 unless teams run the same types of defenses they ran against the Chiefs still. If I'm looking at Skyy Moore and Juju, I'm not thinking that I'm getting beat over the top. Im worried about the short stuff. So teams will play the Chiefs different and things will look different. Probably. So its up to Andy Reid to come up with something different which he has done many times before. Its just whether or not it will work in a stacked AFC.

edit - cant type

"So it's up to Andy Reid to come up with something different."

Andy Reid 2 days before the season starts and the Chiefs put together an explosive 2022-23 offense:
tired-bored.gif

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to say Adams but we're talking about Erin Rodgers, here. He can make chicken salad out of chicken feathers.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I chose Hill. Seems no matter who they plug in in GB the offense hums along. Still a lot of talent in TB for Gronk to matter as much. Don't recall Mahomes playing much if at all without Hill so hard to know how he and the O will look. Isn't to say they wont still be really good but loss of Hill will matter the most IMO.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted Hill. He has the most unique skillset of the players listed and fit with Mahomes perfectly. I think both Mahomes and Hill will miss each other more than they realize. The other reason I voted this way is I don't think Tampa or Green Bay will have much trouble making the playoffs. The NFC doesn't look all that great and they can lean on other parts of the team to win games beyond explosive players on offense.

The Chiefs just let the Chargers, Broncos, and Raiders close the gap in the division. Throw in the AFC looking loaded with QB talent making even getting a wildcard spot quite the accomplishment. If I had to vote on one of these 3 teams missing the playoffs it would be the Chiefs (I still think all 3 actually make it). So the Hill trade could help them in the long run, but for this upcoming season I think it has the biggest impact on how each of these teams does.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Adams will be a huge loss because they drafted Christian Watson to Negate that....

Hill on the other hand................

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Adams will be a huge loss because they drafted Christian Watson to Negate that....

I would say it doesn't hurt quite as much because of a couple of reasons...1) The Packers have shown they can win other ways other than the passing game. They have a great 1-2 punch in the run game and a very strong OL that they can lean into. The success or failure game to game isn't quite as dependent on Rodgers as that of Mahomes for the Chiefs. They also can win games on the back of the defense. Packers should have a top-10 defense this year that will make it where the offense doesn't have to put up 25+ points a game to win. I don't think you can say the same about the Chiefs.

2) The NFC looks so much easier to win games. The Packers could mess around most of the year trying to figure things out with their young receivers and still make the playoffs. The Chiefs don't have time to figure things out. They have to hit the ground running or find themselves out of the running behind a very strong AFC.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess my thing is Kelce still exists. That's hardly nothing.

It's not at all absurd to think JuJu and Moore outproduce Watson as well. So who's really getting hurt more? Maybe you like Watson more than I do, but I don't see how that argument works in the Packers favor unless Watson immediately breaks out.

If the argument is Rodgers cures all, how doesn't that work with Mahomes?

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its Wilson and its not even close
Both brady and rodgers have proven they can do good with anybody and this year its Mahomies turn:suds:

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its Wilson and its not even close
Both brady and rodgers have proven they can do good with anybody and this year its Mahomies turn:suds:
If he was there than Russ would earn my vote.

Like the 1983-84 Pittsburgh Penguins. I'm all in on team Tank