• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Which departure hurts the most?

Which departure will hurt their team the most?

• Gronk (TB)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adams (GB)

Votes: 26 60.5%
  • Hill (KC)

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • Potato Salad

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gronk, Adams or Hill?

Vote and discuss.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adams, just because the receiving options are kinda minimal, imo, after Adams. KC by contrast has Kelce. Not a fan of who they added.

Gronk is backed up by Evans, Godwin, amongst others. All 3 teams have elite OL's, imo. All three have elite QB's, arguably the top 3 QB's in the game right now.

I don't think any of these teams are really sweating it, tbh. Sucks, but GB/KC are better off long term for it, amongst the favorites in their conferences right now, and the Bucs are still gonna be right there. Gronk was not very reliable in terms of health for some time now.

As a KC fan, I'd be more worried about Orlando Brown holding out than Hill.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck, forgot the tater salad option. I was doing so good for 2-3 polls....

@trojanfan12 I need your assistance por favor.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A big part of this question is: how good will Mike Evans and Travis Kelce be next year? They're HOF-level good every year like clockwork but one of these years they'll fall off. Packers can just lean on their defense and run game and grind out their division. Not sure the Bucs and Chiefs can. Certainly not the Chiefs.

I think this is the first draft since 2015 where the Chiefs actually had ammo to try and build up the team. Mahomes cost a lost of draft stock for a team always making the playoffs. Frank Clark. Orlando Brown. etc. Even if the answer to the poll is Tyreek Hill, Mahomes being so much younger than Brady (18 years) and Rodgers (12 years) changes the entire equation because the Chiefs cant just worry about next year.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A big part of this question is: how good will Mike Evans and Travis Kelce be next year? They're HOF-level good every year like clockwork but one of these years they'll fall off. Packers can just lean on their defense and run game and grind out their division. Not sure the Bucs and Chiefs can. Certainly not the Chiefs.

I think this is the first draft since 2015 where the Chiefs actually had ammo to try and build up the team. Mahomes cost a lost of draft stock for a team always making the playoffs. Frank Clark. Orlando Brown. etc. Even if the answer to the poll is Tyreek Hill, Mahomes being so much younger than Brady (18 years) and Rodgers (12 years) changes the entire equation because the Chiefs cant just worry about next year.
Great points. The NFC North is pretty bad.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB's come to Jesus moment will be when Rodgers retires......1st time they won't have a HOF'er at QB in 30-plus years. Not many teams can say that.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson wasn't a choice, so I went with potato salad.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great points. The NFC North is pretty bad.
I will say that I think current day Adams plays at a level that is a whole tier above Tyreek Hill and maybe two tiers bove older-Gronk.

To use a basketball analogy, Tyreek Hill is maybe the scariest "robin" WR in the game but he is no 'batman'. If you're midfield then Hill is a huge threat. If you're in the red zone...eh...well, you saw the AFC Championship game last year. CBs are fast enough to stop him as a gadget player and he is too small for many other uses. That said, the Chiefs have used him so well that its hard to really know what they'll look like next year.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adams.

I mean pending age, all the QBs are elite (unless Brady declines for once) so whatever.

Tampa (Minor if any Impact):
Evans/Godwin/Gage are just fine and White is decent as a checkdown back (he does better in open field/second level, he's not great as a pass protector/downhill runner). Add to that the great line the Bucs have assembled and Tomb Brady will be fine. Their WR group is arguably better with Gage and no headcase Brown.

Chiefs (Minor-Moderate Impact):
Still have offensive mastermind Reid and Kelce as major threats. When the Chiefs drafted and started utilizing Hardman a lot of people anticipated Hill getting cut and Hardman being the potential replacement (surprise! That happened...). He may not be able to immediately fill those big shoes, but he can certainly give it a go. He has the speed and same style that Hill had.

Packers (Moderate Impact):
Adams was targeted the most (only 10 more than Hill, but still) out of all those WRs and the next closest WR on Green Bay's roster only had 500 yards (granted Rodgers is good about spreading it around). They drafted a WR in the early 2nd but so did the Chiefs, and nobody on the Packers roster is better than Kelce/Hardman or the Bucs stacked WR roster. Sammy Watkins? MEEEEEH. Never lived up to the hype and can't stay healthy... and it's not like Watkins is coming from a crap QB lol. If he didn't do amazing in KC he's likely not doing amazing in GB.

And wasn't it 2019 when Adams was out for multiple games and Rodgers was bitching out his whole WR group and had a lackluster season (sub 100 QB rating)?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adams had the most value to his former team, so there is that, but it is possible Adams takes a big step backwards with his new team. Rodgers obviously is better then Carr, how good will the Raiders offense be? I see a aging player cashing in with a mega contract which to me is a big red flag for production going forward. Good chance the Packers find a way to produce on offense, more work running and catching from the RBs and someone will rise up and produce out of that WR corp.

Chiefs will continue to find offense, but if I had to guess I feel they will miss Hill a lot and the offense will look a lot different as Kelce will get more attention then ever forcing Mahomes to look else where and not liking the looks of their WR corp any more then the Packers WR corp. The thing is the Chiefs won't lean on running the ball and I think the Packers will. So advantage Packers.

Gronk won't be missed per say, although I'm no sure what kind of success the Bucs will have, enough to make the playoffs is my guess.

So in short Hill will be missed the most, but yet I think the Chiefs did the right thing and they'll find a WR eventually, may not be this year though.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And wasn't it 2019 when Adams was out for multiple games and Rodgers was bitching out his whole WR group and had a lackluster season (sub 100 QB rating)?

I would agree from that list Adams as well... KC has a lot more weapons and Gronk is getting old and TB has other weapons as well. Only knock for KC... both GB and TB are in NFC, probably a bit easier path to get to Super Bowl vs KC and losing a difference maker.

Adams missed 4 games in 2019 weeks 5-8 and Packers went 4-0 in those games. Packers finished season 13-3 and got crushed by SF in NFCC game 37-20.

Personally I like this Packers team chances in 2022/2023 better vs if they would have kept Adams with big contract and had to gut the defense to try and get to the Super Bowl (would have lost Douglas and Campbell). Packers were #9 defense yards and all the starters are back, plus their best CB Alexander back from injury and two 1st round draft picks to add that could develop for end of season. Defense did not lose the playoff game last year... it was special teams and offense not carrying their weight.

If Rodgers gets back and wins a Super Bowl I think the team will need a strong defense, much like the 2010 team. Fortunately, Packers finally cleaned out special teams coaches... should see improvement there as well vs always being bottom 3-4 for last several years.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs will continue to find offense, but if I had to guess I feel they will miss Hill a lot and the offense will look a lot different as Kelce will get more attention then ever forcing Mahomes to look else where and not liking the looks of their WR corp any more then the Packers WR corp. The thing is the Chiefs won't lean on running the ball and I think the Packers will. So advantage Packers.
If Chiefs WRs = Packers WRs...Packers have the superior run game but Chiefs have Kelce. I feel like you mentioned Kelce without factoring him in. If Kelce gets doubled and the Chiefs can't run the ball or find open guys then they're going to have serious issues. Although if teams stack the box against the Packers and Rodgers cant get big plays then they'll also have issues.

Now if we're talking defense then I totally get 'advantage Packers' but I wouldn't just assume that Kelce getting more attention would shut down KCs offense. I wouldn't immediately have an overlooked Juju Smith Schuster as a nobody because he was hurt and had a post prime QB throwing to him in Pittsburgh.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree from that list Adams as well... KC has a lot more weapons and Gronk is getting old and TB has other weapons as well. Only knock for KC... both GB and TB are in NFC, probably a bit easier path to get to Super Bowl vs KC and losing a difference maker.

Adams missed 4 games in 2019 weeks 5-8 and Packers went 4-0 in those games. Packers finished season 13-3 and got crushed by SF in NFCC game 37-20.

Personally I like this Packers team chances in 2022/2023 better vs if they would have kept Adams with big contract and had to gut the defense to try and get to the Super Bowl (would have lost Douglas and Campbell). Packers were #9 defense yards and all the starters are back, plus their best CB Alexander back from injury and two 1st round draft picks to add that could develop for end of season. Defense did not lose the playoff game last year... it was special teams and offense not carrying their weight.

If Rodgers gets back and wins a Super Bowl I think the team will need a strong defense, much like the 2010 team. Fortunately, Packers finally cleaned out special teams coaches... should see improvement there as well vs always being bottom 3-4 for last several years.

Eh don't get me wrong.

Frankly I think GB will be fine. The Bears, Lions, and even Vikings all kind of suck. The Packers should win their division no problem. And the rest of the NFC with exception of probably the Bucs and Rams suck, so yah.

I COULD argue that the Chiefs get the biggest blow because getting weaker in the AFC is NOT a good thing. Getting weaker in the NFC is more irrelevant because the entire NFC sucks ass for the most part.

So yah... I did flip flop between that... With regards to your note on weeks 5-8 going 4-0, I have no idea who they played or if they were any good. I really don't care enough to do the homework but if you know off the top of your head I'd be curious.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Chiefs WRs = Packers WRs...Packers have the superior run game but Chiefs have Kelce. I feel like you mentioned Kelce without factoring him in. If Kelce gets doubled and the Chiefs can't run the ball or find open guys then they're going to have serious issues. Although if teams stack the box against the Packers and Rodgers cant get big plays then they'll also have issues.

Now if we're talking defense then I totally get 'advantage Packers' but I wouldn't just assume that Kelce getting more attention would shut down KCs offense. I wouldn't immediately have an overlooked Juju Smith Schuster as a nobody because he was hurt and had a post prime QB throwing to him in Pittsburgh.
Jones and Dillion caught over a 100 passes last year, think those numbers will go up a good bit. As for JuJu I'll have to see it to believe it.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going with Hill. He has a very unique ability that is difficult to replace. We've seen Brady be successful without Gronk and we have seen Rodgers be successful without Adams.

We have not yet seen Mahomes be successful without Hill.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going with Hill. He has a very unique ability that is difficult to replace. We've seen Brady be successful without Gronk and we have seen Rodgers be successful without Adams.

We have not yet seen Mahomes be successful without Hill.

Eh they got Hardman who IMO is a similar skillset. Yes he's not Hill proven yet, but it's a similar mold.

Oh and as Harold pointed out I forgot they got Schuster... I mean who knows if he'll do anything, but he'll have good a chance as any with Mahomes/Reid.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gronk will also be back by November anyway.