• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Which CFP team's state makes the best BBQ?

Which CFP team's state makes the best BBQ?

• Oklahoma

• South Carolina

• Georgia

• Alabama

• Potato Salad

Results are only viewable after voting.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares. We're talking barbecue here.
Oh, I agree but the main qualifier here is 'Which CFP team has the best BBQ' which takes Austin and KC out of the equation.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I agree but the main qualifier here is 'Which CFP team has the best BBQ' which takes Austin and KC out of the equation.

Yup, crazy to think the Texas Bowl blows the college football playoffs out of the BBQ water.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
read the thread title, then regroup

Historical great debates:

19th Century: Slavery
20th Century: Equal Rights
21st Century: Barbecue

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Historical great debates:

19th Century: Slavery
20th Century: Equal Rights
21st Century: Barbecue

throw in religion and abortion somewhere and you have reasoning for a full fledged civil war.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't like a good vinegar based sauce?

Not only do I not like them, they ruined BBQ for me for 30 years.

I mentioned it on the food forum, but I hated pulled pork until I started doing my own recently. And I only did it then as a favor for my wife. When I lived in Alabama there was a place called Whitts, and for wedding rehearsals that's where we'd always go and they'd bring it to the church and everyone would make sandwiches etc. I hated the sauce and the pulled pork without it was very very bland.

So the people who love Whitts love it because of the sauce, which is a north Carolina vinegar sauce apparently. They also had some other BBQ type sauce, but I didn't really care for that either.

I like the flavor of the meat. I only use wood when I smoke mine, no charcoal and I get that good thin blue smoke that you can't see unless you put a dark background behind it. So I get a great smoke flavor, and the bark is full of flavor and the meat is juicy as hell, not dried out and flavorless like Whitts.

And I guess that's basically what Big Bob Gibson's in Decatur is like, as my wife says mine tastes like theirs. If my family had gone there instead of Whitts, I'd probably be over 400lbs. And it sucks because I had so many chances to eat there and because of my previous experiences with Whitts, turned it down. I use to pick up a waitress who worked there from work every night and never once touched their BBQ.

So I use no sauce and now I'm addicted to the stuff.

But my wife does a vinegar based cole slaw that she puts on her sandwiches...along with potato chips. Sometimes I'll eat a sandwich with pickles and cheese on top, but normally I just eat the meat by itself. Shit is sooo good.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only do I not like them, they ruined BBQ for me for 30 years.

I mentioned it on the food forum, but I hated pulled pork until I started doing my own recently. And I only did it then as a favor for my wife. When I lived in Alabama there was a place called Whitts, and for wedding rehearsals that's where we'd always go and they'd bring it to the church and everyone would make sandwiches etc. I hated the sauce and the pulled pork without it was very very bland.

So the people who love Whitts love it because of the sauce, which is a north Carolina vinegar sauce apparently. They also had some other BBQ type sauce, but I didn't really care for that either.

I like the flavor of the meat. I only use wood when I smoke mine, no charcoal and I get that good thin blue smoke that you can't see unless you put a dark background behind it. So I get a great smoke flavor, and the bark is full of flavor and the meat is juicy as hell, not dried out and flavorless like Whitts.

And I guess that's basically what Big Bob Gibson's in Decatur is like, as my wife says mine tastes like theirs. If my family had gone there instead of Whitts, I'd probably be over 400lbs. And it sucks because I had so many chances to eat there and because of my previous experiences with Whitts, turned it down. I use to pick up a waitress who worked there from work every night and never once touched their BBQ.

So I use no sauce and now I'm addicted to the stuff.

But my wife does a vinegar based cole slaw that she puts on her sandwiches...along with potato chips. Sometimes I'll eat a sandwich with pickles and cheese on top, but normally I just eat the meat by itself. Shit is sooo good.
This is another food I hate with vinegar. It's just sour.

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama BBQ is thee best... It's even better than our college football. From the Rooter to the Tooter - It's finger lickin' good y'all... LOL

Red BBQ sauce that has a little heat to it rocks.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since there was no team from Missouri, I voted Potato Salad.

Kansas City style BBQ fucking rules, bitches.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem I have with this whole conversation is that if you're doing your BBQ right then it barely needs any sauce at all. I've had good BBQ from all over and I usually seek it out when I travel because anytime I can get BBQ that doesn't have High Fructose Corn Syrup BBQ sauce then its usually pretty solid.

I do prefer Sweet over Heat but sometimes I do both. I'll do Vinegar based but thats the easiest one to screw up.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, I'm reading a book on him at the moment. Plus I just think this photo of him looks incredible bad ass.

Robert Massie wrote the best book on him. He had no idea how bad the peasants suffered during WW1 and before. The information was kept from him by his advisors.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Texas doesn't BBQ. They slow cook steak.

BBQ is and always will be pork
tenor.gif

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem I have with this whole conversation is that if you're doing your BBQ right then it barely needs any sauce at all. I've had good BBQ from all over and I usually seek it out when I travel because anytime I can get BBQ that doesn't have High Fructose Corn Syrup BBQ sauce then its usually pretty solid.

I do prefer Sweet over Heat but sometimes I do both. I'll do Vinegar based but thats the easiest one to screw up.

Bingo, if you need sauce your BBQ isn't that good.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, if you happen to find yourself in San Fransisco and need some good food - Check out a place called Tommy's Joynt.

They'll have all kinds of meat you can choose from. Brisket, Pork, Buffalo. And they have other stuff too, like you can just get a BLT sandwich or even spagetti. But I go for the meat.

There is a line for a reason, so don't be discouraged by it - moves pretty fast. Go during off hours if you want to avoid the line. It's cafeteria style, so you just pick your plate as you go.

The Joynt