• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where will OBJ play football next?

What team will he play for next?

• Raiders

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Packers

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Saints

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Rams

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Bucs

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Titans

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Colts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chargers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Tater salad

Votes: 13 27.1%

• Total voters

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO at the Browns…

They decide to hold onto him just to release him for nothing. They bend over just to accommodate a douchebag.

Should have taken what’s on the table.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe they will lower his salary to the vet minimum, and change the rest to a bonus that will help their cap, as well as anyone who would rather claim him, rather than risk not getting him after waivers.

Personally, I would fine him/suspend him for conduct detrimental and then after that, just let him sit at home for $4M since half of his salary would be garnished with the suspension.

But, sometimes, it's just better for the team/organization to move on and break with malcontent players. It would be nice to see, in some way, a rule that would prevent an obvious situation as this where a player is tanking to get cut so they can move on, or be traded. Never happen, though.

I cant believe that OBJ and his agent would agree to that. If they do, the Jets could file a waiver claim and he would be stuck there.

The Browns waive him and some team is dumb enough to claim him (there isnt a team that would) at his current number then at least the Browns save that money.

I believe that the negotiations right now is solely about offset language. But that would be easy to work out and it would likely already be done. So maybe they are doing some backroom bullshit.

But that would entail reducing his contract to $3.5m or something like that (whatever team he is angling for can afford), convert the rest to a signing bonus, and that way a team that really wants him can file the waiver claim. But that would mean there is some really shady stuff going on behind the scenes.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont understand why the Browns would release him at this point and allow him to go to a contender. No team is going to sign him for anything more than the vet min at this point. So that is the amount of $'s they will save once they release him and work out the offset language. Not worth it IMO to allow him to possibly go to a team that is competing with the Browns for a playoff spot.

If the situation is so bad that they cant bring him back, just tell him to stay at home and collect his paycheck for the rest of the year and that they will cut him in the offseason.

Good faith around the league for potential freedom agents imo

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really want it to be the Jets.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant believe that OBJ and his agent would agree to that. If they do, the Jets could file a waiver claim and he would be stuck there.

The Browns waive him and some team is dumb enough to claim him (there isnt a team that would) at his current number then at least the Browns save that money.

I believe that the negotiations right now is solely about offset language. But that would be easy to work out and it would likely already be done. So maybe they are doing some backroom bullshit.

But that would entail reducing his contract to $3.5m or something like that (whatever team he is angling for can afford), convert the rest to a signing bonus, and that way a team that really wants him can file the waiver claim. But that would mean there is some really shady stuff going on behind the scenes.
You can if you believe that he doesn't truly care about winning as much as he cares about getting the ball...which is clear. If he were worried about winning, he wouldn't be pulling this stunt, and instead, finding a way to help his current team win a pretty important mid-season matchup with a division rival.

Guys like Brown and OBJ say they are about winning, but their actions tell the true story: It's all about them. All the time. Money. Highlights. Getting the ball. Everything else is secondary.

Or maybe, they understand that OBJ wants to play - and the Browns were content on sending him home for the rest of the year. I mean, they don't have to play him. They could also have likely suspended him for conduct detrimental and held his salary. Cutting him too late in the year would pretty much prevent any winning team from wanting to sign him so late - outside of a late injury, and even then.

I think this is a best case-scenario where the player meets the team half-way to get what they want (out of the organization) and the team meets them by cutting him, but can't/won't do so without some type of financial workaround.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO at the Browns…

They decide to hold onto him just to release him for nothing. They bend over just to accommodate a douchebag.

What was on the table exactly? All I heard was only the Saints were interested in him but they couldn't come to a deal because of what OBJ's owed.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lions get 1st choice:suds:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO at the Browns…

Wasnt there a browns fan, who kept telling us that all this obj stuff over the years were just media lies?

Reactions: DJ

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO at the Browns…

maybe they werent offered anything
now odb has to go to which team claims him unless he clears waivers

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which team is known to have the best in house therapist?

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of the playoff bound team that may be a bit light in the deep threat Dept. could be a good fit.

But only if they see him as nothing more than a mercenary. Give him an iron clad contract for just this year only.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans of these 6 teams might not want to bash OBJ to harshly.
Packers, Saints, Raiders, Patriots Bills, and Falcons

I really don't see Buffalo being interested.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes gonna go to the saints, and take passes from taysom hill, that will go well.

The Saints and the Raiders are the only two teams that I could see having any interest in signing up for the circus....and that is only because they are both desperate WR help. All the other teams have WR's that are either better or close enough in talent level to OBJ when you factor in the not knowing the offense/have rhythm with the QB factor.

Some of those teams on the list are a joke. The Pat's for instance. They signed agholor and the 2 TE's for a reason. Beckham on the field takes one of those 3 additions off the field no matter what. He makes zero sense there.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasnt there a browns fan, who kept telling us that all this obj stuff over the years were just media lies?
Well I do think at some point he was happy but with a drama queen like OBJ that can literally change from game to game. Failed move but I'm just happy the Browns can get back to playing football instead of dealing with this BS

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Saints and the Raiders are the only two teams that I could see having any interest in signing up for the circus....and that is only because they are both desperate WR help. All the other teams have WR's that are either better or close enough in talent level to OBJ when you factor in the not knowing the offense/have rhythm with the QB factor.

Some of those teams on the list are a joke. The Pat's for instance. They signed agholor and the 2 TE's for a reason. Beckham on the field takes one of those 3 additions off the field no matter what. He makes zero sense there.
No way BB wants a guy like that. They only got ABrown to appease Brady at the time. Doesn't seem like a BB move right now

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was on the table exactly? All I heard was only the Saints were interested in him but they couldn't come to a deal because of what OBJ's owed.
If the Saints inquired then a deal was more than likely offered. Browns could have made a better effort to make it happen. Plenty of contract tricks to lighten the load if they wanted some compensation in return. I have a hard time believing that releasing him outright was a better option than whatever the Saints were willing to work out. This looks a lot more like the Browns just got their pants pulled down to their ankles. But I may be blinded my joy of seeing them flounder than to think this through more logically.
I remember a lot of them supporting him when I floated out the trade idea late last year when I thought the Browns didn’t need him. And here they are… compensationless

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes gonna go to the saints, and take passes from taysom hill, that will go well.
not this week

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Trevor Siemian will start Week 9 against the Falcons.​

Rapoport added it's not "a surprise considering how poised he was in relief last week," when Siemian threw for 159 yards and a touchdown in relief of Jameis Winston (knee, IR) in an upset win over Tampa. It's unclear if Siemian is starting against Atlanta because he acquitted himself well in Week 8 or because Taysom Hill (concussion) isn't ready to suit up a month after he suffered a brain injury against Washington. Siemian becomes a reasonable superflex option against a bottom-dwelling Atlanta secondary. Hill should be held as a bench stash for now, though there's no telling if or when he'll return. Siemian has a chance to solidify himself as the Saints' rest-of-season starter with another solid outing in Week 9.