• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where will OBJ play football next?

What team will he play for next?

• Raiders

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Packers

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Saints

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Rams

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Bucs

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Titans

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Colts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chargers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Tater salad

Votes: 13 27.1%

• Total voters

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What team will he play for? Vote and discuss.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pissed the Raiders didn't reach out to the Browns the day Ruggs fucked up.....

He would fit great with Carr.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders would likely be the best fit but honestly, it's tater salad for me. This guy's drama and nonsense aren't offset by his production, imo. Knowing him, he would probably bitch about Waller getting targets. The Raiders are already dealing with too many things in house to put up with his crap.
And on that note, I'm gaining more respect for Derek Carr every day by the way he is leading this team through the turmoil.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The saddest thing about this is that you literally could have guessed EXACTLY when OBJ would start acting the fool in Cleveland. All his guaranteed $'s are gone from his contract now. He is just trying to force his way out now so that he can angle for a new contract with more guaranteed $'s in it.

This really isnt about how he is being used. It is how he is being used is going to effect his next payday.

The problem is that he is going to be looking for money somewhere between Golloday and Corey Davis. That puts his next deal somewhere 3-4 years at about $14M annually and with a guaranteed amount between $25-$40m. Any team that opens up the checkbook for him is going to regret it.

I wouldn't want my team to touch him at any more than a 1 year prove it deal that would play him no more than $10m.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pissed the Raiders didn't reach out to the Browns the day Ruggs fucked up.....

He would fit great with Carr.

Guys like OBJ dont get traded midseason because of their contracts. Trying to create the needed space to fit that contract in their books right now would be a nightmare.

Or you could basically end up selling draft picks to Cleveland but I doubt Cleveland is going to want to purchase draft picks like the Broncos just did from the Rams AND lose a needed piece during the stretch run.

I actually expect that Von Miller trade to set into motion some new contract rules. I am sure that teams aren't happy at all that the Rams were able to essentially sell draft picks. And I am sure more than one GM called Paton just to call him an idiot and explain how the trade he just did is bad for the league.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints were trying to trade for him but hedged on his salary. Saints or Raiders make the most sense.

As far as the Von Miller trade, adding picks to save salary has been a thing in sports for a long time, not new to this situation.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints were trying to trade for him but hedged on his salary. Saints or Raiders make the most sense.

As far as the Von Miller trade, adding picks to save salary has been a thing in sports for a long time, not new to this situation.

I would love to see an example of team re-doing the contract WITH THE PURPOSE of a trade in mind like the Broncos situation was with Miller.

In the past when teams were eating dead money, it was all part of a contract that was written and signed LONG before a trade was even thought of. In this deal a contract was hastily re-written with the only purpose being to eat up $'s so the new team can fit him under the cap. I cant remember any situation like that happening in the NFL before this one. Usually if a contract needs to be reworked, it is done upon the trade where the player has to agree to take less money. Here it was done not to give the less money but was done with the sole reason of manipulating the cap and purchasing draft picks. That is NOT usual in the NFL. The NFL has always loathed the idea of draft picks being for sale to the highest bidder.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guys played 45 games in the last 5 seasons and is a head case. Hard pass.

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question is at what point will OBJ be excused from the team so he can....CONCENTRATE...ON...HIS... MENTAL...HEALTH?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking the 'Aints will make another run at him... They have to be tired of Thomas by now.

Can't wait to see them make this bed & sleep in it.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked other.
All sniveling bitches should be forced to play for the Jets, Lions or Texans when they try to strong arm a team.

That will learn them! :D