• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where is the thread about Durant failing in the 4th quarter?

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan also had Pippen. How do you know he would not have left after years of not getting over the hump and giving his all? Lebron never had a player of Pippens level with him. So no its not a fact, its your opinion.

Jordan inherited a bottom-feeder franchise, and played through two -2- complete roster overhauls before the Bulls traded for Pippen... and they didn't win a Championship until Scottie's 4th year in the league, so it's not like the Bulls became an instant winner. MJ paid his dues for 7 loooong years before winning a Championship.

Those 2009 and 2010 Cavs were legit Championship contenders... they fell short in 09 because of a lack of FC size / production, so the next year they went out and signed Shaq and Jamison (a 20-PPG scorer) to compliment James AND a plethora of shooters (Cleveland ranked #2 in the league in 3-point shooting that year, and were one of the best Defenses teams in the league as well).

They won 61 games as the #1 seed and then LOST to a 50-win Celtics team in what was a huge upset (thanks in large part to James' Game 4 and 5 disappearing act).

So let's please not make it seem like those Cavs were scrubs... they were actually the favorites heading into the 2010 season and would have continued to be successful with just a couple roster tweaks.

But James chickened out and jumped into the comfortable arms of Wade and Bosh instead... taking the easy way out.

Last edited by a moderator:

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2010 Cavs were up 2-1 on the Celtics (in the Semi's) when LeBron proceeded to lay two huge eggs in Games 4 and 5, prompting the entire NBA world to wonder / speculate why James gave-up on the Cavs.

Fact is James KNEW he was bolting Cleveland loooooooooooooong before he announced it. Hell, I truly believe he WANTED the Cavs to lose in 2010 because, had they advanced to the Finals (or won the Championship), LeBron's "I want to win, that's why I'm leaving" excuse would never fly.

So what better way to make it all work than to choke the chicken on purpose, and make sure your team loses... which is exactly what LeBron did in Games 4 and 5 against Boston.

Let's also not forget that James, by his own admission, did NOT want to have to be "the man" every night.. and if he stayed in Cleveland that's what he would have had to be. So he took the easy way out and ran to Miami to join a proven CLOSER (Wade) and another #1 Scoring option (Bosh) because he is not mentally tough enough to be "the man" like Jordan or Kobe or Wade.

If he was he would have stayed in Cleveland... it's just that simple.

Are you wearing a tinfoil hat right now? :laugh3: Thats got to be the stupidest thing I ever heard of. He lost on purpose because he didnt like Cleveland? This is after he signed an extension in 2006 for less than what he could have gotten on the open market? :laugh3:

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan inherited a bottom-feeder franchise and endured two -2- complete roster overhauls before the Bulls traded for Pippen... and they didn't win a Championship until Scottie's 4th year in the league, so it's not like the Bulls became an instant winner. MJ paid his dues for 7 loooong years before winning a Championship.

Those 2009 and 2010 Cavs were legit Championship contenders... they fell short in 09 because of a lack of FC size / production so the next year they went out and signed Shaq and Jamison (a 20-PPG scorer) to compliment James AND a plethora of shooters (Cleveland ranked #2 in the league in 3-point shooting that year).

They won 61 games as the #1 seed and then LOST to a 50-win Celtics team in what was a huge upset (thanks in large part to James' Game 4 and 5 disappearing act).

So let's please not make it seem like those Cavs were scrubs... they were actually the favorites heading into the 2010 season and would have continued on with that success with just a couple roster tweaks.

But James chickened out and jumped into the comfortable arms of Wade and Bosh...

You still miss the point that Jordan had Pippen and knew that he had a legit partner for a championship run. You also again miss the fact that Lebron is what made Cleveland contenders not his supporting cast. The Cavs without Lebron were and are scrubs.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the biggest shams ever is when Scottie Pippen was on that top 50 ever player lists about 10 or 15 years ago. No way Pippen was that good but however good he was it was because he played with Jordan. Jordan made people better, much better.

That would be true only if Pippen was not that good. Pippen was a legit superstar. MJ admitted Pippen made him better as well. Pippen also got closer to a ring without MJ than MJ did without Pippen.

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still miss the point that Jordan had Pippen and knew that he had a legit partner for a championship run. You also again miss the fact that Lebron is what made Cleveland contenders not his supporting cast. The Cavs without Lebron were and are scrubs.

Jordan did not "know" he had a legit partner for a Championship run UNTIL the Bulls actually won their first ring in 91... prior to that point Pippen was terribly inconsistent, and he was a mentally soft player who did not have what it took to get through the stacked teams in the league at the time (in particular the Bad Boys).

Jordan could have left the Bulls as a FA following the 89 season... after 5 straight seasons of disappointment; however he chose to stay in Chicago even though the Bulls won just 47 games (not 66 and 61) and their second-best player (Pippen) was nowhere even remotely close to the HOFER he would eventually become.

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you wearing a tinfoil hat right now? :laugh3: Thats got to be the stupidest thing I ever heard of. He lost on purpose because he didnt like Cleveland? This is after he signed an extension in 2006 for less than what he could have gotten on the open market? :laugh3:

I guess the ONLY other explanation is that LeBron himself choked... and that pretty much refutes the "popular myth" that James' teammates in Cleveland weren't good enough.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the ONLY other explanation is that LeBron himself choked... and that pretty much refutes the "popular myth" that James's teammates in Cleveland weren't good enough.

:wtf2: That's the 1st time ever you actually spell his real name :laugh3:

:wtf2: Happend to LeEasyWayOut ? :laugh3:

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be true only if Pippen was not that good. Pippen was a legit superstar. MJ admitted Pippen made him better as well. Pippen also got closer to a ring without MJ than MJ did without Pippen.

Pippen was nowhere close to a "superstar" circa 88-91, so let's not pretend the Bulls became an instant powerhouse once he arrived.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan did not "know" he had a legit partner for a Championship run UNTIL the Bulls actually won their first ring in 91... prior to that point Pippen was terribly inconsistent, and he was a mentally soft player who did not have what it took to get through the stacked teams in the league at the time (in particular the Bad Boys).

Jordan could have left the Bulls as a FA following the 89 season... after 5 straight seasons of disappointment; however he chose to stay in Chicago even though the Bulls won just 47 games (not 66 and 61) and their second-best player (Pippen) was nowhere even remotely close to the HOFER he would eventually become.

Yes Jordan did know. MJ said he knew Pippen was star before he rounded into the player he became with Jordans help. MJ had belief in Pippen. Lebron had belief in who?

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the ONLY other explanation is that LeBron himself choked... and that pretty much refutes the "popular myth" that James' teammates in Cleveland weren't good enough.

The only thing it refutes is your retarded post that he threw away the possibility of a ring then, for a non guaranteed chance later.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pippen was nowhere close to a "superstar" circa 88-91, so let's not pretend the Bulls became an instant powerhouse once he arrived.

You mean like pretending the Cavs were a legit power house without Lebron?

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle/OKC had the 4th pick overall (Westbrook, plus Ibaka 24th) after Durant's rookie season and then the 3rd overall pick (Harden) after Durant's 2nd season. Why would Durant leave?

You think James leaves if he was starting beside Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka? Cavs highest pick after James' rookie year was 10th.....Luke Jackson.

LeBron made Cleveland to good to fast to get back into the lottery. Just the opposite of Durant.

I was a member of the CBS boards at this time in 2008 when I used to post 50 times a day or whatever it was. Westbrook had a lot a raw talent as a draft prospect but also had plenty of bust potential. Jerryd Bayless was hyped as the better guard prospect, and we all know he sucks. Just because a player is drafted high doesn't mean they are destined for stardom. I was hoping Westbrook would fall to the Pacers at #11, even though my peers at the time were pushing me to covet D.J. Augustin. Turns out OKC made the smart choice, considered a reach at the time at #4.

Great players bring out the best in others, the age-old saying. Jordan and Pippen, Magic and Kareem, and now Durant and Westbrook. Even Shaq and Kobe did it, before the trainwreck they eventually became in their final couple years together with the Lakers. With LeBron, you can't really say he made anyone else better. When it's all said and done, he'll go down on Dr. J's level at best. But, I'd argue that Dr. J was more innovative.

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Jordan did know. MJ said he knew Pippen was star before he rounded into the player he became with Jordans help. MJ had belief in Pippen. Lebron had belief in who?

Um no... there was nothing about Pippen (at the end of 89) to suggest that he would eventually become the HOF player he eventually became.

14 / 6 / 4 / 47% is what Scottie averaged in 89 as the Bulls' second-best player on a 47-win team... yet Jordan decided to stay in Chicago when he could have bolted.

James left a team that finished with the #1 seed in the EC two -2- straight seasons... a team that was favored to get to the Finals in 2010 (and win it all, after the addition of 20-PPG scorer Jamison, midway through the season).

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing it refutes is your retarded post that he threw away the possibility of a ring then, for a non guaranteed chance later.

Either he threw the series OR he choked... you decide.

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean like pretending the Cavs were a legit power house without Lebron?

ROFL... who said that??

I said those Cavs were a legit Championship contender WITH LeBron... and they were (in 09 and 10).

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um no... there was nothing about Pippen (at the end of 89) to suggest that he would eventually become the HOF player he eventually became.

14 / 6 / 4 / 47% is what Scottie averaged in 89 as the Bulls' second-best player on a 47-win team... yet Jordan decided to stay in Chicago when he could have bolted.

James left a team that finished with the #1 seed in the EC two -2- straight seasons... a team that was favored to get to the Finals in 2010 (and win it all, after the addition of 20-PPG scorer Jamison, midway through the season).

You are stating your opinion as a fan. I said MJ believed Pippen would be a star and set about helping to make him one. Jordan stayed because Pippen was there to help. Again without Lebron the Cavs would have been a laughing stock like they were before and after he was there.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ROFL... who said that??

I said those Cavs were a legit Championship contender WITH LeBron... and they were (in 09 and 10).

Just like the Bulls were legit contenders WITHOUT MJ when he retired the first time.