• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where do the Lakers go from here...?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, On what planet do you think any team would have traded for a player with a career ending medical problem like blood clots? For the life of me, I just can't figure out who you think would be that incredibly stupid
hello there--- Bosh wasnt hurt right when LEBron left.

They could have easily worked out a sign and trade with Houston that would have brought them back assets. IF you remember - many people thought he WAS going to sign in Houston since they offered him a lesser max (since the hometeam can of course offer the supermax).

Hey- its personal preference- I would have thought the smart thing to do was to rebuild after LeBron left- and if LEBron leaves Cleveland its what I hope they do. If the Heat would have went in the tank and rebuilt after LeBron left they could be looking at having a young stud like a Porzingis or a Donovan Mitchell right now, tons of cap space, no state income tax and South Beach to sell. Instead they have 1 playoff series win, the least draft picks in the NBA, and a clogged cap that will be practically impossible for them to sign a significant FA in the next two years.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does not have to bring the ball up and be the point guard to have the offense run through him though. Playing off the ball allows him to conserve energy because he jog down the court and catch with 15 seconds on the shot clock
hey i agree with that....im sure thats what Lue has told him over and over and over again.

he doesnt want to do it. He wants to be that guy on the top of the key pounding the ball putting up 43 12 and 10. Can you even imagine LeBron signing up to play off the ball with a bunch of kids that have never seen the playoffs, let alone that have not won a playoff series? Like I said- i have no doubt that LA is a viable destination- but i also have no doubt that if LeBron goes there- the young guys will be out of town on the next thing smoking for veteran help and shooters. You simply dont waste the prime of a top 3, at worst, player of all time. Its criminal. lol.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey i agree with that....im sure thats what Lue has told him over and over and over again.

he doesnt want to do it. He wants to be that guy on the top of the key pounding the ball putting up 43 12 and 10. Can you even imagine LeBron signing up to play off the ball with a bunch of kids that have never seen the playoffs, let alone that have not won a playoff series? Like I said- i have no doubt that LA is a viable destination- but i also have no doubt that if LeBron goes there- the young guys will be out of town on the next thing smoking for veteran help and shooters. You simply dont waste the prime of a top 3, at worst, player of all time. Its criminal. lol.

He will have at least one other stud with him, likely PG. How many times does that have to be said to you?

LeBron/PG/Ingram/Kuzma/Ball is a legit lineup with those young uns a year older. By the year after (the Ws may break up) they are even older and the Lakers bring in ring chasing vets and it's legit.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think he is signing in LA.

But, in all honesty, Cleveland is just as much a waste of time as LA. This team has no chance to beat the Warriors in a series.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said Korver was better than Ray Allen. Ray Allen's a future (likely 1st ballot) HOF. But at the time he was with the Heat, Allen served the same role as Korver is now.

And Ray played that role much better than Korver does. Plus Ray played a little defense too. It's part of the reason Lebron didn't have to work as hard in Miami as he does now.

Again, after 15 years playing a particular style having a matched personnel that fits around his skillset. Do you think Lebron's going to be completely open-minded on playing more off the ball? Can he do it? Sure. Will he want to? That's very debatable and likely not. Older players tend to not want to change their games to that degree this later into their careers.

And again, it's not a drastic change. You act like he'll put in the corner to be a spot up jump shooter.

In an offense based on ball movement, he's going to get the same number of shots, the same number of opportunities to get assists and have an easier time doing it.

And at key moments in the game or when the game is on the line, he still takes over the game and does his thing.

Not sure why you think it would be asking him to play a completely different way.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just dont understand what is so hard to realize that when you have a non-shooter on the floor with LeBron- that makes it tougher on him since he can be doubled with no consequence.

And I don't understand what is so hard to realize when there are other shooters on the floor and the offense is based on moving the ball and getting everyone open shots.

Part of having shooters is to prevent double teams. When the Lakers offense is running as designed, they can't be double teamed because the ball isn't in anyone's hands long enough or they are on a fast break.

Also, do you honestly think that a player never improves his shot from his rookie season? Because, based on your posts, you don't think players improve.

And even if he doesn't improve his shot, it won't matter because according to you...if Lebron goes to the Lakers, Lonzo is gone anyway.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he is signing in LA.

But, in all honesty, Cleveland is just as much a waste of time as LA. This team has no chance to beat the Warriors in a series.

I'd say Cleveland is a bigger waste of time. Considering he's not coming without PG and that the Lakers have a promising young core, he'd be going to a team that is already better than the one he's on now and will likely only get better each year.

When was the last time Lebron was on a team where the players around him actually improved every year that he was there?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will have at least one other stud with him, likely PG. How many times does that have to be said to you?

LeBron/PG/Ingram/Kuzma/Ball is a legit lineup with those young uns a year older. By the year after (the Ws may break up) they are even older and the Lakers bring in ring chasing vets and it's legit.
i dunno if i would gamble the last years of my career on Paul George at this point. lol.

Hes a very talented player but there just seems to be something off there. Ya know what I mean?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say Cleveland is a bigger waste of time. Considering he's not coming without PG and that the Lakers have a promising young core, he'd be going to a team that is already better than the one he's on now and will likely only get better each year.

When was the last time Lebron was on a team where the players around him actually improved every year that he was there?
NEver- because he doesnt waste his time on that.

Can you even imagine LeBron going to the playoffs with a team with no playoff experience?

It would be like trading Tom Brady to the Browns.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which pretty much makes your "he won't go to the Lakers because Lonzo can't shoot" point, well....pointless and irrelevant.
well not only can Lonzo not shoot- its not like hes just bad. He is prob the worst shooting guard (not SG as in the position- shooting guard- as in any back court player in the NBA) in the NBA and by a fair margin- out of guards that get real minutes anyway.

Plus Ball playing off the ball would be hilarious. It would be an invitation for LBJ to be doubled with no consequence.

Now if hes doubled he swings it to JR Smith or Kevin Love or Korver or Hill or Clarkson or Hood for 3.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can you even imagine LeBron going to the playoffs with a team with no playoff experience?

the Lakers aren't NEARLY as hopeless as the Browns. nice try, though...:rolleyes2:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hello there--- Bosh wasnt hurt right when LEBron left.

They could have easily worked out a sign and trade with Houston that would have brought them back assets. IF you remember - many people thought he WAS going to sign in Houston since they offered him a lesser max (since the hometeam can of course offer the supermax).

Hey- its personal preference- I would have thought the smart thing to do was to rebuild after LeBron left- and if LEBron leaves Cleveland its what I hope they do. If the Heat would have went in the tank and rebuilt after LeBron left they could be looking at having a young stud like a Porzingis or a Donovan Mitchell right now, tons of cap space, no state income tax and South Beach to sell. Instead they have 1 playoff series win, the least draft picks in the NBA, and a clogged cap that will be practically impossible for them to sign a significant FA in the next two years.

There was no reason to move Bosh when Lebron left. At worst, they would have been the 2nd best team in the East. They still had 2 all stars in Bosh and D-Wade. Bosh would have stepped into a bigger role and we probably would have seen more of the Chris Bosh we saw in Toronto, only with the ability to hit the 3 now.

I don't know if they would have been better than the Cavs, but it would have been a helluva lot of fun finding out.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or, maybe he’ll see the upside.
He won’t have to kill himself all season to then get killed in the Finals?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well not only can Lonzo not shoot- its not like hes just bad. He is prob the worst shooting guard (not SG as in the position- shooting guard- as in any back court player in the NBA) in the NBA and by a fair margin- out of guards that get real minutes anyway.

Again, what does it matter if he won't be there?

Plus Ball playing off the ball would be hilarious. It would be an invitation for LBJ to be doubled with no consequence.

Do you honestly think that there is only 1 way to prevent/beat a double team? Really?!?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, what does it matter if he won't be there?

Do you honestly think that there is only 1 way to prevent/beat a double team? Really?!?
it just seems the best way to beat a double team is to have a guy who shoots the 3 at a high percentage get a high percentage 3 look created by LeBron's dominance.

I dunno- seems to have worked pretty well for the rest of his career.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, because 1 player in football has the same effect on the game as 1 player in basketball.

You're really reaching now. Must be really worried that Lebron is gone.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it just seems the best way to beat a double team is to have a guy who shoots the 3 at a high percentage get a high percentage 3 look created by LeBron's dominance.

I dunno- seems to have worked pretty well for the rest of his career.

Incorrect. There are better ways to prevent a double team than just 3 point shooting.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, because 1 player in football has the same effect on the game as 1 player in basketball.

You're really reaching now. Must be really worried that Lebron is gone.
absolutely ...if there was a 1% chance LeBron would be gone id be worried and the chances are a lot better than that

We are watching AT LEAST the 2nd best player of all time just do things that are unbelievable on a night to night basis.

It doesnt get much more fun than this.