• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where do the Lakers go from here...?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat Riley is a Hall of Famer--- one of the best coaches of all time. He used to be a great general manager.

Hes just been awful since LeBron left if you ask me.

Trading for Dragic and giving up 2 first rounders- the first of which transfers this year- is going to only look worse and worse as time goes by.

The contracts he has handed out look bad- esp. whiteside and tyler johnson.

If Riley would have just rebuilt right off the bat once LeBron left, dealt Bosh for assets, let Wade walk- the Heat right now may have been in prime position to sign a major free agent and add him to a core that mightve included a Simmons or Embiid or Donovan Mitchell etc....

I couldnt even imagine-- if the Heat rebuilt once LeBron left THEY might be in prime contention to bring him back this offseason- or attract a Paul George- or have the assets to trade for a Kawhi Leonard....

Its such a sleeping giant down there. However, now they have no first round pick 2 out of the next 3 years, and its practically impossible to create cap space for the next 2 years.

He has really painted the team into a corner that is tough to get out of--- an expensive team who's ceiling is a low seeded playoff team. Its about as bad of shape I can ever remember the Heat being in for the 20+ years i have watched the NBA.

Having said all that--- ill reiterate what I led off with-- Riley is a Hall of Famer and historically one of the best ever-- he just lost his fastball a while ago.

How did the cavs do when lebron moved to Miami?

They did great, right? Remember Anthony Bennett?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after a few tequila shots at about 3 AM saturdaynight/sunday morning. lol.

I think that will be @TurnUpTheHeat avatar the next two weeks after the Cavs finish off the Raptors- but I still ahve a few edits to make i think. lol.

Good.
Hopefully you at least come up with something funny, or at least something we can read.
IMO the Tristan one was funnier, but knock yourself out.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat Riley is a Hall of Famer--- one of the best coaches of all time. He used to be a great general manager.

Hes just been awful since LeBron left if you ask me.

Trading for Dragic and giving up 2 first rounders- the first of which transfers this year- is going to only look worse and worse as time goes by.

The contracts he has handed out look bad- esp. whiteside and tyler johnson.

If Riley would have just rebuilt right off the bat once LeBron left, dealt Bosh for assets, let Wade walk- the Heat right now may have been in prime position to sign a major free agent and add him to a core that mightve included a Simmons or Embiid or Donovan Mitchell etc....

I couldnt even imagine-- if the Heat rebuilt once LeBron left THEY might be in prime contention to bring him back this offseason- or attract a Paul George- or have the assets to trade for a Kawhi Leonard....

Its such a sleeping giant down there. However, now they have no first round pick 2 out of the next 3 years, and its practically impossible to create cap space for the next 2 years.

He has really painted the team into a corner that is tough to get out of--- an expensive team who's ceiling is a low seeded playoff team. Its about as bad of shape I can ever remember the Heat being in for the 20+ years i have watched the NBA.

Having said all that--- ill reiterate what I led off with-- Riley is a Hall of Famer and historically one of the best ever-- he just lost his fastball a while ago.

Um, On what planet do you think any team would have traded for a player with a career ending medical problem like blood clots? For the life of me, I just can't figure out who you think would be that incredibly stupid

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. Korver is good, but he's not Ray Allen.

Love averages 1 more rebound per game than Lebron

Running the offense through him (what they did in Miami) and him having to do everything (which he does in Cleveland) are not the same thing.

Again, it's not Lebron playing off the ball. It's him not having to initiate the offense every time down the floor and do everything for the team to win.

Lebron sometimes deferred to Kyrie. This is the season where he's done everything.

I never said Korver was better than Ray Allen. Ray Allen's a future (likely 1st ballot) HOF. But at the time he was with the Heat, Allen served the same role as Korver is now.

Lebron always led Miami in points and assists. Same as what he's doing in Cleveland. In fact, Lebron was a great defender while in Miami and would often times guard the opposing team's best player. In Cleveland, he doesn't do that.

He was always the leading rebounder in Miami or a close 2nd with Bosh. But he's not in Cleveland.

Again, after 15 years playing a particular style having a matched personnel that fits around his skillset. Do you think Lebron's going to be completely open-minded on playing more off the ball? Can he do it? Sure. Will he want to? That's very debatable and likely not. Older players tend to not want to change their games to that degree this later into their careers.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron sometimes deferred to Kyrie. This is the season where he's done everything.

I never said Korver was better than Ray Allen. Ray Allen's a future (likely 1st ballot) HOF. But at the time he was with the Heat, Allen served the same role as Korver is now.

Lebron always led Miami in points and assists. Same as what he's doing in Cleveland. In fact, Lebron was a great defender while in Miami and would often times guard the opposing team's best player. In Cleveland, he doesn't do that.

He was always the leading rebounder in Miami or a close 2nd with Bosh. But he's not in Cleveland.

Again, after 15 years playing a particular style having a matched personnel that fits around his skillset. Do you think Lebron's going to be completely open-minded on playing more off the ball? Can he do it? Sure. Will he want to? That's very debatable and likely not. Older players tend to not want to change their games to that degree this later into their careers.

He does not have to bring the ball up and be the point guard to have the offense run through him though. Playing off the ball allows him to conserve energy because he jog down the court and catch with 15 seconds on the shot clock

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously wiggy you need to shut the fuck up about Pat Riley. His NBA resume as a coach & executive speaks for itself.

This.

The Cavs had a great GM in David Griffin and didn't keep him.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does not have to bring the ball up and be the point guard to have the offense run through him though. Playing off the ball allows him to conserve energy because he jog down the court and catch with 15 seconds on the shot clock

And at 34 and the mileage he has on his body......that'd be pretty smart.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You understand the difference between lightening the load and having to do everything, right?

Lonzo's shooting has absolutely to do with his ability to lighten Lebron's load. Lebron wouldn't have to initiate the offense nearly as much, bring the ball up as much and wouldn't have to lead the team in every category to get a win.

Lonzo looks to get the ball moving and into the hands of someone who is in position to score as fast as possible. As often as not, that would be Lebron.

So, Lebron would still be the biggest part of the offense, but he wouldn't have to do everything for the team to win like he does now.
i just dont understand what is so hard to realize that when you have a non-shooter on the floor with LeBron- that makes it tougher on him since he can be doubled with no consequence.

For damn near 15 years Miami and Cleveland have won championships and made Finals with LeBron by giving him the ball and surrounding him with shooters.

All of a sudden he is going to want to play in a motion offense where the ball would be in his hands for half the time, with a guy that cant shoot on the floor?

Just doesnt seem to make sense to me- or the Cavs- or the Heat- and those teams did have some success with LeBron.