• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where do the Lakers go from here...?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incorrect. There are better ways to prevent a double team than just 3 point shooting.
Hey apparently thats the best the Cavs and Heat could come up with.....seems to have worked pretty good....hopefully 8 straight Finals...at least 3 titles...not bad if you ask me. A very simple formula--- let LeBron create and surround him with shooters and vets that know how to get the job done.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dunno if i would gamble the last years of my career on Paul George at this point. lol.

Hes a very talented player but there just seems to be something off there. Ya know what I mean?

This year, but its the Westbrook effect.
Durant was smart enough to know it.
PG knows it.
Anyone who watches OKC knows it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
absolutely ...if there was a 1% chance LeBron would be gone id be worried and the chances are a lot better than that

We are watching AT LEAST the 2nd best player of all time just do things that are unbelievable on a night to night basis.

It doesnt get much more fun than this.

Can't disagree with a word of this. I'd feel the same way.

Even though I'm not a fan, all I can do is shake my head and laugh at some of the shit Lebron is doing. Dude is ridiculous right now.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year, but its the Westbrook effect.
Durant was smart enough to know it.
PG knows it.
Anyone who watches OKC knows it.
i dunno if its just the Thunder though.....he gets dealt from the Pacers and all of a sudden they get a lot better and as good as Oladipo is- hes not the same kind of talent PG is

Hey id give PG a max if i had the chance--- but I wouldnt expect him to be Scottie or Wade or Irving of Pau or Ginobili if you know what i mean.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey apparently thats the best the Cavs and Heat could come up with.....seems to have worked pretty good....hopefully 8 straight Finals...at least 3 titles...not bad if you ask me. A very simple formula--- let LeBron create and surround him with shooters and vets that know how to get the job done.

You think its good to make 5 straight Finals and only win 1?
That’s what were staring at in the near future.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ball movement prevents double teams because the ball doesn't stick in anyone's hands long enough for the double team to get there.

This leads to open shots all over the court, not just on the perimeter.

The Warriors, for example, rarely get successfully double teamed because the ball is moving constantly and they are getting open shots all over the floor.

Seems to have worked pretty good.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dunno if its just the Thunder though.....he gets dealt from the Pacers and all of a sudden they get a lot better and as good as Oladipo is- hes not the same kind of talent PG is

Hey id give PG a max if i had the chance--- but I wouldnt expect him to be Scottie or Wade or Irving of Pau or Ginobili if you know what i mean.

Pacers got better, but they added 2 good players, plus Oladipo got in shape, and AWAY from Westbrook.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball movement prevents double teams because the ball doesn't stick in anyone's hands long enough for the double team to get there.

This leads to open shots all over the court, not just on the perimeter.

The Warriors, for example, rarely get successfully double teamed because the ball is moving constantly and they are getting open shots all over the floor.

Seems to have worked pretty good.
yah well the Warriors guards are the 2 of the best 10 shooters of all time. lol

LIL different from Curry and Klay shooting then Ball shooting.

It only works if you have threats all over the court.

Otherwise you can just ignore a guy.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It wasn't just the improvement from Oladipo though. There's also Sabonis. They both got out from under Westbrooks thumb and became much better players.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean the Warriors call it the "lineup of Death" for a reason. Everyone is a threat to shoot.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah well the Warriors guards are the 2 of the best 10 shooters of all time. lol

LIL different from Curry and Klay shooting then Ball shooting.

It only works if you have threats all over the court.

Otherwise you can just ignore a guy.

It doesn't matter, the principal is still the same. Additionally, part of the reason Klay and Steph are so good is that they get wide open shots.

Give any player a lot of wide open shots and their shooting will improve.

Don't get me wrong, they would both still be very good if they weren't getting those shots...but being open all the time, sure as hell doesn't hurt.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
absolutely ...if there was a 1% chance LeBron would be gone id be worried and the chances are a lot better than that

We are watching AT LEAST the 2nd best player of all time just do things that are unbelievable on a night to night basis.

It doesnt get much more fun than this.

How about this.
I agree that you can use the worst AT LEAST 2nd, during any current discussion.
The man is a machine, and its no accident.
He puts in the work.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was just the improvement from Oladipo though. There's also Sabonis. They both got out from under Westbrooks thumb and became much better players.
you heard the Pacers talk about it though- the chemistry was so much better. They actually liked eachother.

Its hard for me to believe you trade Oladipo for PG--- talent wise a net negative--- and then add a serviceable, but hardly a great or even good player in Sabonis and go from out of the playoffs to Game 7 vs. the Cavs.

under George: Paul George says the Pacers are lifeless: 'There's no trust, there's no chemistry' "Pacer are lifeless there is no chemistry"

under Oladipo: Why Do The Pacers Have Such Rare Chemistry For An NBA Team? | WFNI ESPN 107.5 / 1070 The Fan | Indy's SportsCenter

A huge part of that is leadership--- and last year the leader was George- this year the leader was Oladipo.

I think George is a great player and id sign him, but there is something off there.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter, the principal is still the same. Additionally, part of the reason Klay and Steph are so good is that they get wide open shots.

Give any player a lot of wide open shots and their shooting will improve.

Don't get me wrong, they would both still be very good if they weren't getting those shots...but being open all the time, sure as hell doesn't hurt.
wait what? it doesnt matter that one of the guards is one of the best shooters of all time and the other one is one of the worst shooters in the league? of course that matters.

have you seen Ball shoot? if he was the only guy on the court i dont think hes shooting 40% from 3.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this.
I agree that you can use the worst AT LEAST 2nd, during any current discussion.
The man is a machine, and its no accident.
He puts in the work.

I heard he just spent over a million dollars on a bunch of stuff to help him stay in shape, keep his body right, etc.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dunno if i would gamble the last years of my career on Paul George at this point. lol.

Hes a very talented player but there just seems to be something off there. Ya know what I mean?

Well, not really. You could say the same about Kevin Love. LeBron James as you know makes his teammates better. PG is no #1 but he seems like a pretty good 2-way Pippen to LeBron's Jordan.

You're a pretty smart NBA poster, you know this is true.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait what? it doesnt matter that one of the guards is one of the best shooters of all time and the other one is one of the worst shooters in the league? of course that matters.

have you seen Ball shoot? if he was the only guy on the court i dont think hes shooting 40% from 3.

Jason Kidd sucked as a 3 point shooter when he started his career in the NBA.....

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you heard the Pacers talk about it though- the chemistry was so much better. They actually liked eachother.

Its hard for me to believe you trade Oladipo for PG--- talent wise a net negative--- and then add a serviceable, but hardly a great or even good player in Sabonis and go from out of the playoffs to Game 7 vs. the Cavs.

under George: Paul George says the Pacers are lifeless: 'There's no trust, there's no chemistry' "Pacer are lifeless there is no chemistry"

under Oladipo: Why Do The Pacers Have Such Rare Chemistry For An NBA Team? | WFNI ESPN 107.5 / 1070 The Fan | Indy's SportsCenter

A huge part of that is leadership--- and last year the leader was George- this year the leader was Oladipo.

I think George is a great player and id sign him, but there is something off there.

I think part of the problem was George wanted out long before there was any talk of it and his teammates knew it. If you know the best player on your team is leaving no matter what you do, it's going to effect team chemistry.

Also, if memory serves, it was Indy's front office that leaked it and started looking to move him. That didn't help matters either.