• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where do the Lakers go from here...?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously wiggy you need to shut the fuck up about Pat Riley. His NBA resume as a coach & executive speaks for itself.
Pat Riley is a Hall of Famer--- one of the best coaches of all time. He used to be a great general manager.

Hes just been awful since LeBron left if you ask me.

Trading for Dragic and giving up 2 first rounders- the first of which transfers this year- is going to only look worse and worse as time goes by.

The contracts he has handed out look bad- esp. whiteside and tyler johnson.

If Riley would have just rebuilt right off the bat once LeBron left, dealt Bosh for assets, let Wade walk- the Heat right now may have been in prime position to sign a major free agent and add him to a core that mightve included a Simmons or Embiid or Donovan Mitchell etc....

I couldnt even imagine-- if the Heat rebuilt once LeBron left THEY might be in prime contention to bring him back this offseason- or attract a Paul George- or have the assets to trade for a Kawhi Leonard....

Its such a sleeping giant down there. However, now they have no first round pick 2 out of the next 3 years, and its practically impossible to create cap space for the next 2 years.

He has really painted the team into a corner that is tough to get out of--- an expensive team who's ceiling is a low seeded playoff team. Its about as bad of shape I can ever remember the Heat being in for the 20+ years i have watched the NBA.

Having said all that--- ill reiterate what I led off with-- Riley is a Hall of Famer and historically one of the best ever-- he just lost his fastball a while ago.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
such a predictable playbook

1. get thrashed in a basketball argument

2. get personal

3. whine to the mod for help.

You’re a mental case.

Lets rehash, and test memories since you’re so focused on Philly.

Did I not state my concern for Philly wasnt a talent issue?
I said it was a potential health issue.
Which it was/is.
So far, so good. I hate injuries.

Next, which is the best part of all of this is, when I proposed the Heat/Philly bet to you, you ran from it, basically agreeing with me.

So, keep on “thrashing” aka making yourself feel better about yourself.

Also, you taking the King to win it all bet?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat Riley is a Hall of Famer--- one of the best coaches of all time. He used to be a great general manager.

Hes just been awful since LeBron left if you ask me.

Trading for Dragic and giving up 2 first rounders- the first of which transfers this year- is going to only look worse and worse as time goes by.

The contracts he has handed out look bad- esp. whiteside and tyler johnson.

If Riley would have just rebuilt right off the bat once LeBron left, dealt Bosh for assets, let Wade walk- the Heat right now may have been in prime position to sign a major free agent and add him to a core that mightve included a Simmons or Embiid or Donovan Mitchell etc....

I couldnt even imagine-- if the Heat rebuilt once LeBron left THEY might be in prime contention to bring him back this offseason- or attract a Paul George- or have the assets to trade for a Kawhi Leonard....

Its such a sleeping giant down there. However, now they have no first round pick 2 out of the next 3 years, and its practically impossible to create cap space for the next 2 years.

He has really painted the team into a corner that is tough to get out of--- an expensive team who's ceiling is a low seeded playoff team. Its about as bad of shape I can ever remember the Heat being in for the 20+ years i have watched the NBA.

Having said all that--- ill reiterate what I led off with-- Riley is a Hall of Famer and historically one of the best ever-- he just lost his fastball a while ago.

I didn't bother reading all of your :blah::blah::blah: about Riley. It's the same stuff you've been blathering on & on about for a while now.

Assuming you don't get banned again & LeBron walks karma is gonna kick you square in the ass. You think Riley doesn't know what he's doing? Okay that's fine. But Danny Boy's a complete dipshit & w/o LeBron your team will be 1 of the worst in the league overnight.

You better pray to whoever you have to that LeBron doesn't leave. Remember how shitty they were the 4 years LeBron was in Miami? Well get ready for a repeat.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly-- i couldnt even imagine where the Heat would be right now if they rebuilt after LeBron.

They could have dealt Bosh before his issues showed up and got some solid assets....they would have clean books and be able to sign justa bout anyone--- maybe even 2 major free agents.

They could have a young stud or two on the roster that would operate as either a guy other guys want to play with or trade bait.

Say they let Wade walk, and traded Bosh for a first or two.....

Say in 2015 they go hard in the tank- and would have had a shot at Karl Anthony Towns or Porzingis (or Russell or Okafor)...or Devin Booker...

Say in 2016 the rebuild continues....now this draft is pretty weak outside of Simmons--- but maybe they geta Jaylen Brown or Jamal Murray or Brandon Ingram--- solid players- but not really what you want in the top 5-6 of the lotto.....

2017- they start to come out of it...but are still in the lotto- and snag either Mitchell or Markkanen- both guys they were interested in.

Imagine having clean books--- and say they drafted Donovan Mitchell, Jamal Muray, and then "missed" on a solid but not great guy like-- well lets just give them Winslow.....so out of 3 drafts and 3 times picking in the top 10 they get one star--- seems about right....one solid player in murray- and one decent 3 and d role player in winslow

Then they go into FA this year with a BOATLOAD of cap room, Donovan mitchell, no state income tax, and south beach.....

would heat fans trade 3 years of being pretty crappy--- for the what? 1 playoff series they won in the last 3 years? I prob would.

Then they go out this year and have tons of cap room - and sign Cousins and Paul George.

PG- Jamal Murray
SG- Paul George
SF- Donovan Mitchell
PF- Kelly Onlyk (say they signed him)
C- DeMarcus Cousins

its not really far fetched at all- IF they would have rebuilt as soon as LeBron left.

NOW THAT is a team that could stand in front of Boston or Philly the next 3-4 years and give them a run for their money.

I am just glad that Riley decided to try and pseudo contend.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't bother reading all of your :blah::blah::blah: about Riley. It's the same stuff you've been blathering on & on about for a while now.

Assuming you don't get banned again & LeBron walks karma is gonna kick you square in the ass. You think Riley doesn't know what he's doing? Okay that's fine. But Danny Boy's a complete dipshit & w/o LeBron your team will be 1 of the worst in the league overnight.

You better pray to whoever you have to that LeBron doesn't leave. Remember how shitty they were the 4 years LeBron was in Miami? Well get ready for a repeat.

Doesn’t matter to him.
He’ll just pick another team to bandwagon.

#hencewiggyruss

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i actually do feel bad for Magic and Pelinka in a way--- since they inherited a mess. @trojanfan12 If not for Deng and Mozgov- and tradees that happened years ago giving away picks like the Nash deal-- the Lakers would, in my mind, go from being a contender for James and other FAs to being the ABSOLUTE favorite.

I do have respect for the work Pelinka and MAgic have done considering they started out behind the eight ball in a major way---they hired a good coach and have done some good things.

With Riley i just cant understand why he thought that signing a ton of decent players to big deals was the way to go- when if he just took a step back for 2-3 years he could have been in contention to set the Heat up for years and years to come. The Dragic trade is going to haunt that franchise.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss

Memory lapse?

Why did you run from the preseason Philly bet?

And, the Dragic trade ruined nothing.
Lets see whom this years 16th pick turns into.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am ready for a repeat of 4 crappy years- its what IHOPE happens if LeBron leaves.

What i wouldnt want is for them to try and contend, get a 7th or 8th seed here or there and get thrashed in the first round of the playoffs....to me that is the WORST place you can be in the entire league

if LeBron leaves i hope the next week they deal everything not nailed down for assets--- lose 70 games and get lotto picks for the next 2-3 years to find a STAR to build around, clear cap space, and acquire picks they can iether use or trade--- pretty much the same exact playbook the Celtics had after it was clear Garnett/Pierce/Allen were done as a contending team.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmfao @ your avatar.

Did you write that, hands free, using your Dick?
after a few tequila shots at about 3 AM saturdaynight/sunday morning. lol.

I think that will be @TurnUpTheHeat avatar the next two weeks after the Cavs finish off the Raptors- but I still ahve a few edits to make i think. lol.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am ready for a repeat of 4 crappy years- its what IHOPE happens if LeBron leaves.

What i wouldnt want is for them to try and contend, get a 7th or 8th seed here or there and get thrashed in the first round of the playoffs....to me that is the WORST place you can be in the entire league

if LeBron leaves i hope the next week they deal everything not nailed down for assets--- lose 70 games and get lotto picks for the next 2-3 years to find a STAR to build around, clear cap space, and acquire picks they can iether use or trade--- pretty much the same exact playbook the Celtics had after it was clear Garnett/Pierce/Allen were done as a contending team.
Depends on the pick you get.

Top 3 and you might not win a lot.

But, you will have a hell of a foundational piece to get you thru the lean years.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss

Memory lapse?

Why did you run from the preseason Philly bet?

And, the Dragic trade ruined nothing.
Lets see whom this years 16th pick turns into.
not just this pick--- also an unprotected pick 2 years from now.

by that time Dragic prob. wont even be on the team and you will owe an unprotected pick tot he Suns for him. That is not good business--- especially because its not like Dragic was the missing piece to put the team over the top---- hes a very good player- but all he did was help the Heat win 1 playoff series in 3 years

just makes no sense to me why youd give away 2 first round picks for that.....but whatever.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after a few tequila shots at about 3 AM saturdaynight/sunday morning. lol.

I think that will be @TurnUpTheHeat avatar the next two weeks after the Cavs finish off the Raptors- but I still ahve a few edits to make i think. lol.

because 2 of them are rookies and havent played a game yet! LOL

the Heat were 29-13 in the second half last year

according to you "they have gotten better"

Vegas has them at 43 wins

what gives?

when will Philly be good?

I think they will be "good" starting this year. I think they will be "elite" and an actual contender 2-3 years from now when guys like Simmons and Fultz and Saric have time to develop--- just as i said with LA-- would i rather have LA's roster with Ball and Ingram- even though they wont sniff 42 wins- or Miami's? OF COURSE LA's--- its not even CLOSE. At least you have hope in LA that someday you might be an actual contender. Miami has no chance in hell of contending for anything with the roster they have---whether today, tomorrow- 2-3 years from now.

I'll refresh you memory.
LOL
You thought about Philly like the rest of us did, until the season was over after they had won what? 18 of 19?, and after they stayed healthy

Last edited by a moderator:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw, if ol' Wiggly Diggly's gonna keep bashing the Heat shouldn't it be on that thread...?

just askin'...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw, if ol' Wiggly Diggly's gonna keep bashing the Heat shouldn't it be on that thread...?

just askin'...

One would think.

I guess he feels the need to destroy every thread?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta admit it didn't take long for him to revert to full-on Wiggy mode, like BKS pointed out the other day...

#buginhisprogram

#leopardsdontchangetheirspots