• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

When the Suns miss the playoffs...

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But but but, three point guards.....it's revolutionary :lol:

They've actually not played together for the past 10 games. Thomas missed 8 straight and then Dragic missed the last two as soon as Thomas returned. Haven't gotten much of a chance to see what they can do together.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've actually not played together for the past 10 games. Thomas missed 8 straight and then Dragic missed the last two as soon as Thomas returned. Haven't gotten much of a chance to see what they can do together.

Probably the reason why Dragic hasn't complained very much lately. The Suns better get rid of either Bledsoe or Thomas if they want to keep Dragic. Otherwise, he may end up donning the Purple & Gold one day :nod:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably the reason why Dragic hasn't complained very much lately. The Suns better get rid of either Bledsoe or Thomas if they want to keep Dragic. Otherwise, he may end up donning the Purple & Gold one day :nod:

Yep...I said the same thing months ago.

But, one of the Suns homers told me he had an " insider " and that Dragic was a done deal.

Unless the insider is Jesus, I'm not buying it until the ink dries....ESPECIALLY if they miss the playoffs, which looks likely.

Phoenix has committed $70 million over five years to Bledsoe and $27 million over four years to Thomas. Bledsoe and Thomas will earn a combined $20.5 million next season. Dragic, an All-NBA third-team selection, could command $15 million a year or more on the open market in July. Would the Suns pay three point guards a combined $35 million, more than half of the projected cap? Would they let Dragic walk away for nothing? The answer to both questions is "probably not," which is why team executives across the league expect the Suns to trade one of the three. Some interviewed for this story said Thomas was the most likely candidate. "I do think that they're going to look at it, [but] only if it makes them better," said another Western Conference executive. Bleacher Report

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...I said the same thing months ago.

But, one of the Suns homers told me he had an " insider " and that Dragic was a done deal.

Unless the insider is Jesus, I'm not buying it until the ink dries....ESPECIALLY if they miss the playoffs, which looks likely.

Phoenix has committed $70 million over five years to Bledsoe and $27 million over four years to Thomas. Bledsoe and Thomas will earn a combined $20.5 million next season. Dragic, an All-NBA third-team selection, could command $15 million a year or more on the open market in July. Would the Suns pay three point guards a combined $35 million, more than half of the projected cap? Would they let Dragic walk away for nothing? The answer to both questions is "probably not," which is why team executives across the league expect the Suns to trade one of the three. Some interviewed for this story said Thomas was the most likely candidate. "I do think that they're going to look at it, [but] only if it makes them better," said another Western Conference executive. Bleacher Report

You were the one that said both Bledsoe and Dragic would end up with the Lakers or Knicks. I remember that prediction. lol.

Anyways, they are likely to deal one of Thomas or Bledsoe. Thomas would be easier to move because his contract is a bargain, but Bledsoe is the more talented player. You can count on one of those two getting shipped out. I wonder what kind of return they can get.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....Pelicans are in 8th already too.

OKC will pass them and maybe the Mavs, Clips too.

Can Houston and Portland keep this up?
Westside Giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirl....

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were the one that said both Bledsoe and Dragic would end up with the Lakers or Knicks. I remember that prediction. lol.

Anyways, they are likely to deal one of Thomas or Bledsoe. Thomas would be easier to move because his contract is a bargain, but Bledsoe is the more talented player. You can count on one of those two getting shipped out. I wonder what kind of return they can get.

Yeah, I said it was possible and that the only way Bledsoe stays is if they give him the max. I was slightly off on that one.

You said: " I know things you don't because I have an insider ".

You said: " The Suns would not overpay to keep Bledsoe".

You said :" The deal with Dragic is already done ".

I said: Bullshit...lol....Cavs said the same thing about Boozer.

Your insider could be Robert Sarver himself, or some random Dude that works at the concession stands, that you follow on twitter.

But, nothing is a done deal until he signs on the dotted line and Dragic will be in play for several teams, including the Lakers.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Suns didn't overpay to keep Bledsoe. They talked him down about 15 million dollars and got a pretty fair price. He's making 1 mil. per more than Alec Burks. Look at his #'s this and last year. He's probably actually worth more than his contract if you factor in how good he is defensively.

Dragic wants to remain in PHX, but if they don't trade 1 of Bledsoe/Thomas then that could change things. But as long as he's here and getting 30+ mins a game I find it very hard for him to leave. He wants to retire here.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to be an asshole. But, do you even remember half the crap you say?

Today you say the Suns didn't overpay. But, during the initial conversation you said this:

Hmm.. deal could get done by tomorrow. 4 year 52 mil? That's as high as I'd go... still an overpay but I would love to see the Dragic-Thomas-Bledsoe trio come to fruition. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--eric-bledsoe--suns-make-progress-in-contract-talks-024157247.html

As for the Dragic convo...

Bledsoe is possible for sure, especially if he accepts his QO. But they think Dragic is their guy and they will pay him like it... they would've already agreed to an extension but he can only make so much (due to contract restrictions) of a percentage increase in his yearly salary.

1st day of Free Agency expect him to sign a max deal or close to it with Phoenix. I have some ins in the Suns front office and it's already pretty much a done deal. Bledsoe is the big ? long term... it's just a waiting game.

I know things you don't. Simple as that. Sorry if I come across as cocky. But as far as Im concerned Dragic has already signed long-term in Phoenix. Just so you know...

I don't think you came off as cocky at all.

If you have an insider within the organization that's great.

I am not a Laker fan. But, I live in the market and hear most of their news on Talk Radio.

As far as Dragic being signed?

I'm sure several teams have backdoor/illegal extensions worked out with certain guys.

* KLove*

But, until the ink is dry, nothing is guaranteed.

* See Carlos Boozer and the Cavs.

Ps. Didn't the Suns do the samething with Dragic, that they did with Nash?

Traded him away cause they thought the other guy was better, only to realize years later that they should have hung on to him?

I never in a million years thought Lebron would leave South Beach to be Lord of the Flies in Ohio.

But, it happened.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point Guard+Point Guard+Point Guard

and then management wants some more point guards apparently to try and go five deep.
That is the bed the Suns chose to lay in.

It is good enough to beat elite teams here and there no doubt.
And Sometimes it is good enough to embarrass the top seeds badly.

But, over the long haul of a season, it becomes an asinine strategy doomed to fail.....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll bet the Lakers would give Steve Nash back for either one. That way he can retire a Sun en sech.:yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to be an asshole. But, do you even remember half the crap you say?

Today you say the Suns didn't overpay. But, during the initial conversation you said this:

You do realize 4 years 52 million is 13 million a year, right? They went 14 million a year, just gave him an extra year in the contract. That's almost exactly what I predicted just 1 mil. more per year which is fair. You have to "overpay" most FA's these days anyways, and based off how he's played THIS season that changes my perspective, he's played up to the contract and then some. Is it that difficult for you to comprehend?

Btw- you have zero room to talk after you said Dragic AND Bledsoe would end up playing together in NY or LA. :pound: Please dude. Just stop for your sake. If Dragic leaves this summer then you can talk to me.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize 4 years 52 million is 13 million a year, right? They went 14 million a year, just gave him an extra year in the contract. That's almost exactly what I predicted just 1 mil. more per year which is fair. You have to "overpay" most FA's these days anyways, and based off how he's played THIS season that changes my perspective, he's played up to the contract and then some. Is it that difficult for you to comprehend?

Btw- you have zero room to talk after you said Dragic AND Bledsoe would end up playing together in NY or LA. :pound: Please dude. Just stop for your sake. If Dragic leaves this summer then you can talk to me.

You said it was an overpay at 42mil.

So, what is it at 70?

LMAO.....I guess your "insider" at the nacho stand is feeding you bad info:noidea:

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,724.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

She never said they both would.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,724.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ka-booooooom!!!

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said it was an overpay at 42mil.

So, what is it at 70?

LMAO.....I guess your "insider" at the nacho stand is feeding you bad info:noidea:

52 million. Over 4 years. 13 mil per year.

70 million. Over 5 years. 14 mil per year.

Comprende?