• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's the plan for Jon Allen if Newton flashes?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we need to be proactive and move him?

Do will roll with the three headed monster?

Would trading away a leader like Allen ruffle too many feathers in the lockerroom?

He has no guaranteed money after this year.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we need to be proactive and move him?

Do will roll with the three headed monster?

Would trading away a leader like Allen ruffle too many feathers in the lockerroom?

He has no guaranteed money after this year.

Too early to tell.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you need to find out if that is true . right now the kid is doing strictly individual drills and we are projecting he is the real deal ? give it time , and let him develop .

that being said going with the hypothetical , i hate to generally take a strength and make it weaker unless its a must have player or draft pick . to me allen gets you a 2nd round pick or maybe a throw in to a BA/Tee trade or getting a quality LT . to be honest the key to a trade isnt fig newton but if mathis and ridgeway can handle more snaps .

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you need to find out if that is true . right now the kid is doing strictly individual drills and we are projecting he is the real deal ? give it time , and let him develop .

that being said going with the hypothetical , i hate to generally take a strength and make it weaker unless its a must have player or draft pick . to me allen gets you a 2nd round pick or maybe a throw in to a BA/Tee trade or getting a quality LT . to be honest the key to a trade isnt fig newton but if mathis and ridgeway can handle more snaps .
Not gonna lie. Allen for Higgins was my first thought. Grant Paulsen openly said he thinks this is Allen's last year.

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Newton is the real deal, and Allen is performing at his usual standards, I think you can use the Sweat to Chicago deal as a good barometer for getting a deal done in the middle of the season. At the very least, you will get a third rounder from a competing team.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Newton is the real deal, and Allen is performing at his usual standards, I think you can use the Sweat to Chicago deal as a good barometer for getting a deal done in the middle of the season. At the very least, you will get a third rounder from a competing team.
No we won’t , we will spend money in FA negating comp picks

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna lie. Allen for Higgins was my first thought. Grant Paulsen openly said he thinks this is Allen's last year.
This roster remake has gotten down to the more difficult calls going forward. I believe that somewhere close to half if not more of last years team is gone and if you guys are looking at Allen being moved, the next big name, high dollar veteran who's a virtual lock to be playing elsewhere in 2025 is Terry McLaurin.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This roster remake has gotten down to the more difficult calls going forward. I believe that somewhere close to half if not more of last years team is gone and if you guys are looking at Allen being moved, the next big name, high dollar veteran who's a virtual lock to be playing elsewhere in 2025 is Terry McLaurin.
You can't help but feel for guys like McLaurin and Allen who re-signed here when most would have ran. I want them to be here when we start winning. I'm just not sure they will. My gut tells me Peters pushes all his chips in for 2025.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't help but feel for guys like McLaurin and Allen who re-signed here when most would have ran. I want them to be here when we start winning. I'm just not sure they will. My gut tells me Peters pushes all his chips in for 2025.
There have been plenty of guys who once wore our team colors who have my sympathy. Allen made his feelings about losing crystal clear nearing the end of last season and I don't recall anyone blaming him for speaking the truth and only a couple of folks posting silly things like "well, if he doesn't want to be here, we dont want him here." These guys come from places and teams where winning was the only thing that they knew. I'm sure that it has been frustrating for them, and probably the sweetest reward if they are here when this challenges for legitimate division/ conference titles a their ultimate goal... Super Bowl(s).

As for Terry, my question to you and everyone is this... what do you guys think will happen with regards to him next year.

Here's the background information:

Terry McLaurin signed a 3 Years, $68,364,000 contract with the Washington Commanders on June 28, 2022. The contract runs through the 2025 season and has an average annual value of $22,788,000. It also came with a $28,000,000 signing bonus and $34,654,000 guaranteed.
Terry's birthday is September 15th and he'll be 29 this year, 30 before the start of the 2025 season and looking for a new contract that likely takes him into ages 33 and 34.
Finally the current going rate for these guys is somewhere between 28 and 35M per year.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been plenty of guys who once wore our team colors who have my sympathy. Allen made his feelings about losing crystal clear nearing the end of last season and I don't recall anyone blaming him for speaking the truth and only a couple of folks posting silly things like "well, if he doesn't want to be here, we dont want him here." These guys come from places and teams where winning was the only thing that they knew. I'm sure that it has been frustrating for them, and probably the sweetest reward if they are here when this challenges for legitimate division/ conference titles a their ultimate goal... Super Bowl(s).

As for Terry, my question to you and everyone is this... what do you guys think will happen with regards to him next year.

Here's the background information:

Terry McLaurin signed a 3 Years, $68,364,000 contract with the Washington Commanders on June 28, 2022. The contract runs through the 2025 season and has an average annual value of $22,788,000. It also came with a $28,000,000 signing bonus and $34,654,000 guaranteed.
Terry's birthday is September 15th and he'll be 29 this year, 30 before the start of the 2025 season and looking for a new contract that likely takes him into ages 33 and 34.
Finally the current going rate for these guys is somewhere between 28 and 35M per year.
Guilty as charged in regard to Allen. He was falling in the draft with no parachute when we drafted him. At first I felt like we deserved better. I don't feel that way anymore. I understand coming from Alabama he wasn't used to the losing. I get that now.

As far as McLaurin, I think he gets his money and retires here. JD should really allow him to flourish. He's never had a qb.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The four highest paid Washington players might not be here next year.

I have said for some time now I think Allen is entering his last year here.

Only a miracle could get Wylie resigned.

Terry could be a casualty as well. Seeing as JD is the 5th highest player Terry might get resigned, depends on how much they want to pay him after this year and what the FO does in the draft.

Payne will be here at least one if not two more years.

Coming from a college with a strong record is no guarantee that you will get the same thing in the NFL.

Just a reminder that a lot of the FAs signed this year were signed on one year deals so a lot depends on how they do and whether the FO wants to keep some of them.

I said this not too long ago .... sadly the day of career players is long gone.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The four highest paid Washington players might not be here next year.

I have said for some time now I think Allen is entering his last year here.

Only a miracle could get Wylie resigned.

Terry could be a casualty as well. Seeing as JD is the 5th highest player Terry might get resigned, depends on how much they want to pay him after this year and what the FO does in the draft.

Payne will be here at least one if not two more years.

Coming from a college with a strong record is no guarantee that you will get the same thing in the NFL.

Just a reminder that a lot of the FAs signed this year were signed on one year deals so a lot depends on how they do and whether the FO wants to keep some of them.

I said this not too long ago .... sadly the day of career players is long gone.
I did not expect Newton back this soon. If he's the game wrecker that he was in college, I have a hard time seeing Allen here next year. It will be interesting to see what Peters does with him at the deadline.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WRs are becoming a dime a dozen so paying terry big money is a no go. If we are contenders this year we keep them both , if not then we wont

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WRs are becoming a dime a dozen so paying terry big money is a no go. If we are contenders this year we keep them both , if not then we wont
It's a passing league now and WRs have become the second most important position in the game, supplanting LT. Teams can no longer get by with one, and the trend is towards having at least two top-end guys but preferably three. I am not counting TEs, so here's a sampling.

Miami... Tyreek Hill, Jayden Waddle, Odell Beckham Jr.
Seattle... DK Metcalf and Tyler Lockett
N.Y. Jets... Garrett Wilson and Mike Williams
Minnesota Vikings... Justin Jefferson and Jordan Addison
Detroit Lions...Amon-Ra St. Brown, Jameson Williams (Donovan Peoples-Jones)
S.F 49ers... Deebo Samuels and Brandon Aiyuk ( Ricky Pearsall)
Cincinnati Bengals...Jamarr Chase and Tee Higgins
Cleveland Browns... Amari Cooper, Elijah Moore, Jerry Jeudy
L.A. Rams... Puka Nacua, Cooper Kupp, Demarcus Robinson, Tutu Atwell
Tennessee Titans... DeAndre Hopkins, Calvin Ridley, Treylon Burks, Tyler Boyd
Tampa Bay... Mike Evans, Chris Godwin
Philadelphia Eagles... AJ Brown, DeVonta Smith
Houston Texans... Nico Collins, Stefon Diggs, Tank Dell
Chicago Bears... DJ Moore, Keenan Allen, (Rome Odunze)

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i see all the big name and paid vets gone in a year or two.i just hope it ain,t within the division,