• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's the 2nd most important position in football after QB?

Most important position after QB?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 players. I'm not saying they were a bad defense, but a good scheme can move the ball on them. And let's be honest here, somebody with a scheme like Andy Reid is going to have success against almost anybody, so maybe that's kind of an unfair scenario I came up with there.
Well, sure, I can name some of the more mediocre guys like Clowney if we wanted to go there. By most measures it was a good defense, but I will have to cede here that Andy Reid is plenty good enough to get an offense of even mediocre talent to move the ball on the Texans. That's more of a "Andy Reid is a HOF'er if he ever gets a ring" thing than anything though.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admit what? I had a discussion with someone about the rules and we both agreed. You simply chimed in before reading the discussion, ergo you look like a moron, but being you always look like a moron, you don't seem to even to notice everyone thinks you're a moron.

So back to your fake picks. You're a loser who seeks attention on message boards via prentending to be a winner. It makes you feel better internally, but in reality deep down inside, you realize most people on the board you have chosen to converse with think you're a loser, which might literally be the only thing you would be right about.

Derp

now you just sound like a sad pathetic person.

I read the discussion, and came out of it that you didn't know the rules, hence your "not exactly" remark.

My picks aren't fake and the cheddar is real. Fat stacks, yo. Deal with it.

giphy.gif

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We saw what happens when you don't have an elite LT. If New Engalnd or Carolina had one they would be superbowl champions. You could have the best QB of all time and he can be nuetralied by a shitty takle.

If I remember correctly most of the big plays for Denver were because they were beating the RT. The TD was Miller beating the RT...

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derp

now you just sound like a sad pathetic person.

I read the discussion, and came out of it that you didn't know the rules, hence your "not exactly" remark.

My picks aren't fake and the cheddar is real. Fat stacks, yo. Deal with it.

View attachment 87439

You read the discussion, but don't know that, that comment was early in it, and failed to read the remainder of the discussion. Chosing to be a moron is worse than being a moron.

You didn't make squat on your picks. You lost more than you bet, and you aren't man enought to admit it.

And your response is to post a gif of a teenage kid from the 80's.

But go on, continue to post, the board enjoys the laugh you give them.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You read the discussion, but don't know that, that comment was early in it, and failed to read the remainder of the discussion. Chosing to be a moron is worse than being a moron.

You didn't make squat on your picks. You lost more than you bet, and you aren't man enought to admit it.

And your response is to post a gif of a teenage kid from the 80's.

But go on, continue to post, the board enjoys the laugh you give them.

Glad you can admit that I make people laugh.....at your expense. You have the sense of humor of a leprous pus wart.

Kinda sad that you can't admit that you incorrectly commented on how red flag challenges work. Everyone saw it and the meltdown that ensued. Boo Hoo

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad you can admit that I make people laugh.....at your expense. You have the sense of humor of a leprous pus wart.

Kinda sad that you can't admit that you incorrectly commented on how red flag challenges work. Everyone saw it and the meltdown that ensued. Boo Hoo

Ummm what?

You're a loser who pretends to win money, and claims success by posting how mucy you won after the face and never posts your choices beforehand.

You're a Loser.

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with something different for the sake of the argument. A good center is pivotal to everything on the offense. He's in charge of locating the blitzers and setting up the line. He calls the wrong protection, the play is doomed from the get go. But I agree with MLB/DE/DT all being very important as well. Just wanted to throw that in there for the heck of it.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm what?

You're a loser who pretends to win money, and claims success by posting how mucy you won after the face and never posts your choices beforehand.

You're a Loser.

liar. liar. liar.

You're the loser cause you all butt hurt cause I pointed out your "not exactly" post. Boo Hoo, Handi's funnier than me.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is what is the 2nd most important position after QB? Based on that we have to agree QB is the most important. So even if the QB isn't the best or most talented on their team we're still saying he is most important.

So armed with that baseline the MLB is the 2nd most important position on the team. Not necessarily the best.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Use to be LT, but I don't believe that to be the case anymore... Most great teams of the 90's early '00's use to have great LT's... Now that's not the case as much... Seems like the great teams have an elite pass rush or DE... Great DE's can take the game into their own hands... LT's can't... I think a stud DE is more important these days than a stud LT... A lot of it also has to do with the way the QB position is played these days...

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just having an interesting debate about the #1 pick, and thought I'd start this and see how the board feels about it. I went with LT. Protecting your QB is the most important thing IMO.
Why isn't there a selection for long snapper?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No kicker or punter selection?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't mean to undermine the question asked, but football is a team sport. Successful teams need a hell of a lot more than QB. A 45 man roster is the answer.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at Super Bowl teams. What position do they most consistently have elite talent at?

Probably a coin flip between RDE, LT, LCB, and MLB.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really depends on the team. The Cards D didn't look even close to as dangerous without the honey badger and I think I saw something about how Rashad Johnson calls the adjustments pre-snap. Thus, I would say safety is the most important for them after QB.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top pass protector (LT unless your QB is a lefty), top pass defender (usually your top corner, can be your safety occasionally), and top pass rusher (usually your blindside 4-3 DE or 3-4 OLB).

Look at their pay and that's what GM's spend money on and what they go after in the draft for early.

I agree with the poster above about the LT becoming a bit less important. I think the 5 step drops help that. I remember when you couldn't get a left tackle anywhere but the top 40 or so guys in the draft. One year I think 11 of the 12 playoff teams had theirs that way. And they never hit FA. Seems a little less of that, of course you watch Von the past few weeks and can see how big of a need that is still too.

MLB I think is falling off as the run game has slowly faded a bit and they become more 2 down players for a lot of teams. Nickelback is probably the position of the highest increase in importance of the past decade. They play 75% of the snaps now.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember correctly most of the big plays for Denver were because they were beating the RT. The TD was Miller beating the RT...
Both forced fumbles on Newton came from Miller rushing from the offense's right.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm building a team, after quarterback I'm looking for elite talent in this order:

Pass rusher (either OLB or DE depending on the scheme)
Corner
Left Tackle
Receiver/Tight End
Interior DL
Pass covering safety
Inside Linebacker
Other offensive linemen
Running Back