• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Would the BCS look like after 8 weeks?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that there aren't clunkers out there but if you go to any larger university and can't find hot girls, it might just be you
There just seemed like a lot more at Nebraska than the other 2. they also traveled hot ones to Eugene. Ive been to about 15 stadiums coast to coast and Nebraska was easily the hottest coeds.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There just seemed like a lot more at Nebraska than the other 2. they also traveled hot ones to Eugene. Ive been to about 15 stadiums coast to coast and Nebraska was easily the hottest coeds.

Yeah, I'm sure it is going to be easier to find them at some more so than others. I just laugh when people on an Internet message board talk like a D1 school has no good looking girls

Not saying you, specifically, did that

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you called them bad earlier. That's a big difference.
They're an above average team because of talent alone. On the field, they've been bad, and there's really nothing that would suggest otherwise.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, that Nebraska was more deserving to be ranked top 10 last year over Miami this year.
There's no "proof" on either side, it's an opinion. Nebraska looked like a better team IMO. Then they were exposed. Just as Miami will be.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm sure it is going to be easier to find them at some more so than others. I just laugh when people on an Internet message board talk like a D1 school has no good looking girls

Not saying you, specifically, did that
not at all Tenn had a lot of good ones too. Hawaii.
and to be fair to the rest of the BIG the other schools I have been to were Purdue and Minnesota in the winter.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no "proof" on either side, it's an opinion. Nebraska looked like a better team IMO. Then they were exposed. Just as Miami will be.

There is proof, as in the SOS numbers, the cpu metrics and the quality of play. Miami has played a harder strength of schedule, was better in the cpu's, and was significantly more impressive overall in terms of play. There's stats to back all that up, which I've provided. Your only retort is Miami needed to make a late game winning drive to beat Ga. Tech. A Ga. Tech team that is better than anybody Nebraska played in their first 7 games.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not at all Tenn had a lot of good ones too. Hawaii.
and to be fair to the rest of the BIG the other schools I have been to were Purdue and Minnesota in the winter.
Well Minnesota in the winter the womens will be underground in the tunnels.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is proof, as in the SOS numbers, the cpu metrics and the quality of play. Miami has played a harder strength of schedule, was better in the cpu's, and was significantly more impressive overall in terms of play. There's stats to back all that up, which I've provided. Your only retort is Miami needed to make a late game winning drive to beat Ga. Tech. A Ga. Tech team that is better than anybody Nebraska played in their first 7 games.
Ah. So you agree with the computers in this instance. I see.

So I see you dramatically paraphrased what actually happened. What do they say about Miami needing a 4th down insanely lucky bounce catch against GT and a last second TD against 2-4 Florida State? This team is trash, no better than Nebraska last year.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So I see you dramatically paraphrased what actually happened. What do they say about Miami needing a 4th down insanely lucky bounce catch against GT and a last second TD against 2-4 Florida State? This team is trash, no better than Nebraska last year.

When have I disagreed the cpu's? You're getting your shit mixed up with someone else, I guess.

And they have been better than Nebraska was at this point last year. They've played a better schedule and have performed better against that better schedule. There's literally no evidence that would suggest Nebraska was better at this point last year.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When have I disagreed the cpu's? You're getting your shit mixed up with someone else, I guess.

And they have been better than Nebraska was at this point last year. They've played a better schedule and have performed better against that better schedule. There's literally no evidence that would suggest Nebraska was better at this point last year.
You said in another thread you agree with the computers most of the time but you have your disagreements sometimes also - like when Ohio State is ranked in the top 2-3 in some of them. This falls in one of those times when they're right evidently.

And no they haven't. They have absolutely not performed better. Nebraska averaged more points and allowed fewer in their first 6 games than Miami has this year, and Nebraska also didn't get the benefit of playing a bad FCS team that Miami did earlier to make their numbers look even better. In their first 6 games, Nebraska beat 3 bowl teams. Toledo is going to make one, GT should, and then there's two 4-4 teams that could easily miss and 2-4 FSU that will have to win 4 more games, which they won't. Oh, and Bethune-Cookman won't be in a bowl.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GT's lucky they even had a chance to win that game. Miami had 200 more yards and it's not like they turned it over. And if we're going to bring fluke plays into this, how about GT's return on an onside kick?

Georgia Tech at Miami (FL) Box Score, October 14, 2017 | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet Miami was insanely lucky to win, thanks to a ridiculous bobbled ball catch on 4th down.

yes, the team that outgained their opponent by 200 yards was insanely lucky to win. lol. Tech's lucky Miami only scored 25.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]
d14b4f2cee3994d1f180f2ef4342b697--selfies-poses-instagram-instagram-poses-friends.jpg

I gotta be honest. You should take that chance in defense of MSU. I mean. Are you really a fan of you don't go out on a limb for them

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said in another thread you agree with the computers most of the time but you have your disagreements sometimes also - like when Ohio State is ranked in the top 2-3 in some of them. This falls in one of those times when they're right evidently.

And no they haven't. They have absolutely not performed better. Nebraska averaged more points and allowed fewer in their first 6 games than Miami has this year, and Nebraska also didn't get the benefit of playing a bad FCS team that Miami did earlier to make their numbers look even better. In their first 6 games, Nebraska beat 3 bowl teams. Toledo is going to make one, GT should, and then there's two 4-4 teams that could easily miss and 2-4 FSU that will have to win 4 more games, which they won't. Oh, and Bethune-Cookman won't be in a bowl.

Hmm..Nebraska averaged more points and allowed fewer, that wouldn't have anything to do with the schedule? This is where you need to look past ppg and ppg allowed. I'm not even saying Miami is great or anything, but they've pretty clearly performed better against their tougher schedule than Nebraska did last year. Simply beating Ga. Tech, even the way they did, is more impressive than anything Nebraska did. That's how bad Nebraska's early season schedule was.

As for the cpu's, the general consensus is that Ohio State is 8th. Some have them higher, some have them lower, that's generally where I think they should be ranked(7th/8th). If you want to point to the couple that have Ohio State at #2, that's fine, because they've performed like that the last month, despite the schedule. Some computers are more performance based, some are more results based(SOS involved), this isn't rocket science.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, the team that outgained their opponent by 200 yards was insanely lucky to win. lol. Tech's lucky Miami only scored 25.
Maybe. I watched the game and there was never a feeling that Miami was controlling anything. I'm surprised the disparity was that much. GT also scored on a kick return.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta be honest. You should take that chance in defense of MSU. I mean. Are you really a fan of you don't go out on a limb for them
For science purposes I took a shot.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm..Nebraska averaged more points and allowed fewer, that wouldn't have anything to do with the schedule? This is where you need to look past ppg and ppg allowed. I'm not even saying Miami is great or anything, but they've pretty clearly performed better against their tougher schedule than Nebraska did last year. Simply beating Ga. Tech, even the way they did, is more impressive than anything Nebraska did. That's how bad Nebraska's early season schedule was.

As for the cpu's, the general consensus is that Ohio State is 8th. Some have them higher, some have them lower, that's generally where I think they should be ranked(7th/8th). If you want to point to the couple that have Ohio State at #2, that's fine, because they've performed like that the last month, despite the schedule. Some computers are more performance based, some are more results based(SOS involved), this isn't rocket science.
Except that it's not. What suggests that Ga Tech is better than a NW team that finished the year with a win over a ranked Pitt team? Is Ga Tech going to beat a single ranked team and win a bowl this year? What exactly has GT done that means anything? They got beaten by a pathetic joke of a Tennessee team, beat an FCS team, and then has 3 other win over conference foes with a combined 8-15. They're nothing.