• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What would the BCS look like?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn St beat Ohio St in H2H won the Big10 and then watch OSU
get into the playoff.

Auburn beat both UGA and Bama in the regular season and then
watched Bama get into the playoff. (UGA, at least beat Auburn in
the CCG.)

Head to Head don't mean shit...unless they want it to.

Ohio State had a better resume, a 2 loss Ohio State wasn't getting in in 2016.
Auburn was a 3 loss team.

The cfp takes into account H2H when things are equal.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where'd you get this? Any chance there is one with just the computer rankings? I am curious to see what the statistics would bare everything out to look like. Since the BCS takes the AP and the Harris poll (if I remember correctly) which are made by people... I just wonder how strong the effect of the human vote is on this.

This is the top 15 of the CPU's:

1. Alabama - .99000
2. Clemson - .92000
3. Notre Dame - .91000
4. Georgia - .90000
5. Michigan - .86000
t6. LSU - .78000
t6. Oklahoma - .78000
t8. Kentucky - .65000
t8. West Virginia - .65000
10. UCF - .63000
11. Ohio State - .61000
12. Washington State - .53000
13. Florida - .52000
14. Mississippi State - .43000
15. Penn State - .37000

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State had a better resume, a 2 loss Ohio State wasn't getting in in 2016.
Auburn was a 3 loss team.

The cfp takes into account H2H when things are equal.

That's what I said. H2H doesn't mean shit unless they want it to.

How can a Big10 team have a better resume than the Big10
Champ who beat that Big10 team?

Auburn only had 2-losses at selection time.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest difference is that the committee weighs H2H more than the BCS would. Which makes sense since 1/3 of the BCS was computers.
Tell that to Penn State and Auburn.
Best format Ive seen to date. This reduces human influence. Has actual criteria ,a fail safe in case a conference champion has more than 2 losses. And removes all the question marks we've had in previous years. Much closer to a true champion than anything we;ve seen to date. It was a great post

The best way to do it IMO is to have a 6 team playoff with 5 autobids CC and 1 WC but there are some rules.

1.Every P5 team plays 10 P5 games and 2 patsy G5/FCS games. The committee can only use P5 games to evaluate a team.

2. If you have more than 2 losses and win your conference you lose your autobid. That spot becomes an extra WC spot.

This is the best way IMO.

I get some people like the "debate and "opinion" system in place now or he other flawed BCs system. Or don't like the idea of higher competition levels etc....But this is what the play offs would have looked like under mistakes 6 game format. Major upgrade without all the BCS and Committee question marks. This would be College football at its highest level.

Clemson 12-1 CC, 12–1 Oklahoma CC,, 11-2 Ohio State CC , 11-2 USC,
Are in on Auto bid and12-1 Alabama most likely gets the At Large spot

12- 1 Clemson CC, 12-1 Oklahoma CC,11-2 Penn State CC,11-1 Washington CC, 13-0 Alabama CC,
Are all in on Auto bid 11-1 Ohio State moct likely gets the At Large Bid

13-0 Clemson CC,,12-1 Oklahoma CC,12-1 Michigan State CC,11-2 Stanford CC,12-1 Alabama CC

Are allí in on Auto Bids 11-1 Ohio State or !!-1 Iowa most likely get the At Large Bid

13-0 FSU CC, 12-1 Ohio State CC, 12-1 Oregon CC,12-1 Alabama CC
Are all in on Auto Bod 11 - 1 TCU and !1 - 1 Baylor are most likely in as the At Large Bids

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the top 15 of the CPU's:

1. Alabama - .99000
2. Clemson - .92000
3. Notre Dame - .91000
4. Georgia - .90000
5. Michigan - .86000
t6. LSU - .78000
t6. Oklahoma - .78000
t8. Kentucky - .65000
t8. West Virginia - .65000
10. UCF - .63000
11. Ohio State - .61000
12. Washington State - .53000
13. Florida - .52000
14. Mississippi State - .43000
15. Penn State - .37000

Thanks. That's interesting. Does it specify which statistics are being accounted for?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I said. H2H doesn't mean shit unless they want it to.

How can a Big10 team have a better resume than the Big10
Champ who beat that Big10 team?

Auburn only had 2-losses at selection time.

It's pretty easy.

One team had wins over: #6, #7, and #8. One team had a loss to #5.
One team had wins over: #3 and #8. One team had a loss to #7 and #23.

Which team has the better resume.

And no Auburn had 3 losses at selection time: Clemson, LSU, UGA.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best format Ive seen to date. This reduces human influence. Has actual criteria ,a fail safe in case a conference champion has more than 2 losses. And removes all the question marks we've had in previous years. Much closer to a true champion than anything we;ve seen to date. It was a great post

I get some people like the "debate and "opinion" system in place now or he other flawed BCs system. Or don't like the idea of higher competition levels etc....But this is what the play offs would have looked like under mistakes 6 game format. Major upgrade without all the BCS and Committee question marks. This would be College football at its highest level.

12- 1 Clemson CC, 12-1 Oklahoma CC,11-2 Penn State CC,11-1 Washington CC, 13-0 Alabama CC,

13-0 Clemson CC,,12-1 Oklahoma CC,12-1 Michigan State CC,11-2 Stanford CC,12-1 Alabama CC

Are allí in on Auto Bids 11-1 Ohio State or !!-1 Iowa most likely get the At Large Bid

Are all in on Auto Bod 11 - 1 TCU and !1 - 1 Baylor are most likely in as the At Large Bids

Granted...But people are used to seeing teams slected by "Another
Man's Opinion." Always have and I guess they always will.

There's more money doing it their way, but I really believe we had
better deserving champions when they were selected at the end
of the regular season.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. That's interesting. Does it specify which statistics are being accounted for?

I'm not sure I understand your question. I'm just taking the ranking of the 6 computer models that were used during the BCS. Colley Matrix. Massey, Sagarin, Anderson & Hester, Wolfe and Billingsley.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted...But people are used to seeing teams slected by "Another
Man's Opinion." Always have and I guess they always will.

There's more money doing it their way, but I really believe we had
better deserving champions when they were selected at the end
of the regular season.
But you also know by locking into one ideal or system that leaves no room for growth. I don't so much buy into the money aspect. I think the extra play off game generates more or equal revenue to the current system. I was actually surprised when I ran his sceneio with the previous play off years.

That there never been a team with more than 2 losses to win a CC

That at large teams were all basically locks in this system not much debate at all

And his system removed every question mark thats arisen since the inception of the CFP.From PSU,OSU all the way down to TCU/Baylor

The best format I've seen to date. One of the best posts I've seen in a long time

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I understand your question. I'm just taking the ranking of the 6 computer models that were used during the BCS. Colley Matrix. Massey, Sagarin, Anderson & Hester, Wolfe and Billingsley.

I'm sure I could look it up myself, I was just asking what the computers are using to formulate those rankings. SOS (adjusted), MoV, etc...

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you also know by locking into one ideal or system that leaves no room for growth. I don't so much buy into the money aspect. I think the extra play off game generates more or equal revenue to the current system. I was actually surprised when I ran his sceneio with the previous play off years.

That there never been a team with more than 2 losses to win a CC

That at large teams were all basically locks in this system not much debate at all

And his system removed every question mark thats arisen since the inception of the CFP.From PSU,OSU all the way down to TCU/Baylor

The best format I've seen to date. One of the best posts I've seen in a long time

I've always believed the money was for disparity purposes.
Keep the thumb on the smaller guy.

I worked the numbers once...
CFP money.
Bowl payouts from bowl tie-in's
TV money.

The SEC and/or the Big10 will earn more than 1 billion dollars
over the ACC for a period of 12 years. Kinda hard to keep up
with disparity like that.

It protects the bottom feeders of the leagues from losing 3-star
players to the mid-majors.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure I could look it up myself, I was just asking what the computers are using to formulate those rankings. SOS (adjusted), MoV, etc...

All of them have varying formulas. All are SOS driven though. And most are performance based as well. I don't think the MoV was factored in, as I think that was taken out by the BCS.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the difference between the SEC and the ACC using only
one Elite tie-in game over the 12 year period.

The SEC will get the Sugar Bowl 8 times for 40 mil. (320M)
The ACC will get the Orange Bowl 8 times for 27 mil. (216M
The SEC is guaranteed being the visitor in the OB 4 times at 27mil.
(108M)

The disparity from that one bowl over 12 years is 212 million.

It does not count the other bowl tie-in's or CFB playoff money
or the SEC Network/TV contracts vs the ACC TV contract. ESPN/
Raycom sports.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CFP money.
TV money.

Too many options to make money expanding the play offs. Whether it be using the big 6 and adding another bowl which means another sponsor.....Or working another route. In the end money stays the same at worst. But if we are looking at revenue that would be generated by play off games. And adding that extra game odds lean much further toward higher revenue in the end. There always going to be solutions to tie ins. They added solutions when they went with the current format

More big games,higher viewership,removes all the question marks closest thing to a true champion. Bigger stage

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CFP money.
TV money.

So assuming your Billion dollar number is correct, it works out to be rather minor overall. Take $1 billion, divide it by the 12 years, divide it by 15 because the money from bowl games is pooled together and then distributed equally with the ACC taking an equal cut and we are talking about $5.6 million a year per school. A lot to you or I but to a major university, it’s a drop in the bucket considering they can make back much of it with the extra non-conference home game that each ACC team gets 8 game conference schedule as compared to the Big10.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Calling it a mistake 6 format is correct. :dhd:

As has already been proven, if we took the committee final rankings out to 6 games then 21 of the 24 teams you list above ARE THE EXACT SAME. Including having both Bama and Ohio State from last year. It's a fact that this mistake formula has almost no difference in outcome (3 of 24 is nearly nothing), doesn't end ND's independence, doesn't kill OOC's, doesn't overly rely on entirely imbalanced and unfair schedules within each conference, and gives us better games. Those are facts. Going to 6 in any format adds more drama with a committee (no computer or other format can work) pick the SEEDING and will be blamed for putting team X in 3rd instead of team Y in second which gives them a bye. It adds more drama than what you and your ilk purport to want to fix.

Really, you were so totally destroyed in that other thread that I'm kind of surprised (not really) you can still continue it.

We have made progress with several posters in bringing some of this to their attention so you are doing a public service bringing it up again. The more we can bring along and show the light, the better the board will be in the long run. So do keep up the good work. :nod:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling it a mistake 6 format is correct. :dhd:

As has already been proven, if we took the committee final rankings out to 6 games then 21 of the 24 teams you list above ARE THE EXACT SAME. Including having both Bama and Ohio State from last year. It's a fact that this mistake formula has almost no difference in outcome (3 of 24 is nearly nothing), doesn't end ND's independence, doesn't kill OOC's, doesn't overly rely on entirely imbalanced and unfair schedules within each conference, and gives us better games. Those are facts. Going to 6 in any format adds more drama with a committee (no computer or other format can work) pick the SEEDING and will be blamed for putting team X in 3rd instead of team Y in second which gives them a bye. It adds more drama than what you and your ilk purport to want to fix.

Really, you were so totally destroyed in that other thread that I'm kind of surprised (not really) you can still continue it.

We have made progress with several posters in bringing some of this to their attention so you are doing a public service bringing it up again. The more we can bring along and show the light, the better the board will be in the long run. So do keep up the good work. :nod:

My fault I should have tagged @Mistaken4193 to avoid confusion.Incorrect I already provided you with all the data. Which display a clear differential that clearly show through fact. His system removes all the question marks. You've given opinion and debate. Which falls into the human factor that needs to be reduced. As I said progress is not made when one is complacent.Unless you've found facts that actually refute the facts provided. You've already confirmed his system is much more efficient,. Good start but progression is how we achieve the optimal product.Deciding the games on the field rather than by opinion........:suds:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So assuming your Billion dollar number is correct, it works out to be rather minor overall. Take $1 billion, divide it by the 12 years, divide it by 15 because the money from bowl games is pooled together and then distributed equally with the ACC taking an equal cut and we are talking about $5.6 million a year per school. A lot to you or I but to a major university, it’s a drop in the bucket considering they can make back much of it with the extra non-conference home game that each ACC team gets 8 game conference schedule as compared to the Big10.
Not to mention that the SEC has MORE TEAMS so no shit they bring in more money. They have to divide it up to more schools. They do tend to get more teams into the NY6 bowls so much of their extra money is not a handout, it is earned for performance on the field. Want to make more for the ACC? Stop having most of the conference suck as much.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incorrect I already provided you with all the data. Which display a clear differential that clearly show through fact. His system removes all the question marks. You've given opinion and debate. Which falls into the human factor that needs to be reduced. As I said progress is not made when one is complacent.Unless you've found facts that actually refute the facts provided. You've already confirmed his system is much more efficient,. Deciding the games on the field rather than by opinion........:suds:
I gave you 100% break down from the direct CFP final poll from each year. It is a FACT that 21 of 24 teams YOU claim would come from an auto bid plus one WC are exactly identical. Not my fault you have to ignore that FACT to continue your rant. I backed it up with actual real life results, not your made up bullshit.
2014 ends exactly the same under both. No variation of any kind. Exact teams for all 6. Same with 2015. Entirely the same. There would have been two differences in 2016 out of the 6 teams and just one from last year. No, not the Bama or Ohio State as both would have been in under either system. The ONLY difference is USC wasn't in under 6 teams from the CFP and would be under YOUR mistaken system.

Seems clear where the agenda is as the facts are against you completely and sorry USC wasn't good last year, but most agree they weren't playoff worthy.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave you 100% break down from the direct CFP final poll from each year. It is a FACT that 21 of 24 teams YOU claim would come from an auto bid plus one WC are exactly identical. Not my fault you have to ignore that FACT to continue your rant. I backed it up with actual real life results, not your made up bullshit.
2014 ends exactly the same under both. No variation of any kind. Exact teams for all 6. Same with 2015. Entirely the same. There would have been two differences in 2016 out of the 6 teams and just one from last year. No, not the Bama or Ohio State as both would have been in under either system. The ONLY difference is USC wasn't in under 6 teams from the CFP and would be under YOUR mistaken system.

Seems clear where the agenda is as the facts are against you completely and sorry USC wasn't good last year, but most agree they weren't playoff worthy.
When using words like Polls most people thought....Thats not fact. @Mistaken4193 provided a formula that is supported by data. Again I'll wait for facts otherwise its just confirmation. And i'll give @Mistaken4193 the credit for finding a sound system that is supported by facts and data rather than opinion and heavy human influence. Its basically a system thats irrefutable when using fact and data. Rebuttals based on Opinion and semantics jor skewed computer systems (BCS) ust don't cut it for me..... Im for progression of the