• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Will LeBron Do This Summer?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this to a point. When they were rumored to be the favored spot for Aldridge...because Short Buss was an idiot, their pitch was basically..."We're the Lakers, we have L.A. weather, we have Hollywood, etc., etc."

Aldridge showed that isn't enough when he basically said he knew all of that and wanted to know what was going to happen on the court.

I think that being LA/being the Lakers works as a tiebreaker of sorts. If a player is choosing between the Lakers and another team and the basketball/winning aspects look to be the same or very close, then being in LA, etc. likely gives the Lakers the edge.

But they definitely can't just go into a meeting and say "We're the Lakers, this is the contract, sign here."
as for the "tiebreaker" comment- i think it depends on what a guy values.

the weather is pretty good in Texas and you get to keep 13% of your paycheck that would go to taxes in the highest state tax rate in the nation. If its money- going to California could be a tiebreaker in a bad way. If its lifestyle- it could be in a good way.

For LeBron he could even want to keep his kids at home and go to SVSM- so moving ANYWHERE could be a tie breaker in a bad way

just depends on the guy and his priorities

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean if you look at the cap situation its practically impossible. Not even trying to be offensive. How in the hell could they get 35 million under the cap? It literally seems impossible. What would even be more impossible is Dan trading him to Miami. lol.

No argument from me.
I do believe if he wanted to return, it would happen.
I just do see why he would
except for a chance to play with Whiteside....only kidding

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My son said he was wearing Miami colors last night?
I didnt watch post game.

XhLfPLi.png

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean if you look at the cap situation its practically impossible. Not even trying to be offensive. How in the hell could they get 35 million under the cap? It literally seems impossible. What would even be more impossible is Dan trading him to Miami. lol.

Even if they were able to open up $35 million for Lebron, who else is coming with him?

I don't hate the Heat's roster as much as you do...but I don't think there's enough there to entice Lebron to go there by himself unless he just wants to be there for D-Wade's farewell tour.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the weather is pretty good in Texas and you get to keep 13% of your paycheck that would go to taxes in the highest state tax rate in the nation. If its money- going to California could be a tiebreaker in a bad way. If its lifestyle- it could be in a good way.

Disagree on the tax thing. At the level of income these guys are at, taxes are a minor concern at best.

California has had the highest taxes or very close to it for as long as I can remember. It's never stopped anyone from signing with the Lakers before.

There's nothing that they can afford in another state that they can't afford in California.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to be so lit. I can't wait.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree on the tax thing. At the level of income these guys are at, taxes are a minor concern at best.

California has had the highest taxes or very close to it for as long as I can remember. It's never stopped anyone from signing with the Lakers before.

There's nothing that they can afford in another state that they can't afford in California.
13% of a 200 million dollar contract is 26M

id say thats pretty damn significant.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This.

They make up for it with endorsements as well.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For LeBron he could even want to keep his kids at home and go to SVSM- so moving ANYWHERE could be a tie breaker in a bad way

Agree.

As has been mentioned, there are zero perfect landing spots for him...including staying in Cleveland.

Considering all of that, I think it may come down to what his relationship with Gilbert is really like.

What does "We have a working relationship" really mean?

Does he mean that they're not going to be attending each others birthday parties, but they can work together just fine?

Or was he just giving a canned response to avoid distracting from the finals and he really wants to get away from Gilbert asap?

How upset is he really over Gilbert trading Kyrie and firing Griffin despite Lebron telling him not too?

Do we even know what his family wants? I'm sure that will be factored in as well.

When he returned to Cleveland, I remember reports that his family wasn't thrilled with it.

Yet, we've also heard his family liking it there being part of the reason he may choose to stay.

It's Lebron. So, as usual, no one knows what the hell he'll do. lol

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if they were able to open up $35 million for Lebron, who else is coming with him?

I don't hate the Heat's roster as much as you do...but I don't think there's enough there to entice Lebron to go there by himself unless he just wants to be there for D-Wade's farewell tour.

Arison would for sure buy out Mike Millers contract from Memphis.
Ray Allen still in great shape, and maybe Trump will pardon Big Baby?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To you, me and the vast majority of people it is.

At Lebron's income level it isn't. It certainly hasn't stopped him from buying houses and starting businesses here.

Like I said, it's never stopped even one guy from signing or re-signing with the Lakers and there's nothing they can't afford in California that they can in another state.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Theres still ways around parts of it.
He could keep his primary residence in Miami or another state with no state taxes.

Also, players pay each state where there games are played, so LA is only half + Clippers games.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think LA is the favorite. Houston meh, I mean they would have no roster around the Big 3. Philly I dont think it is a good match and Embiid is injur prone. The Lakers have young players (to trade for a star or keep around Lebron), draft picks and they can sign another star this FA, like PG. Plus, it’s Hollywood.

I know you have been saying for awhile you would hat if they got Lebron but he might actually go there this summer @ChiefsLakers67

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team looking for clues on what LeBron will do, pretty soon he will back to tracking flights and analyzing every rumor.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think LA is the favorite. Houston meh, I mean they would have no roster around the Big 3. Philly I dont think it is a good match and Embiid is injur prone. The Lakers have young players (to trade for a star or keep around Lebron), draft picks and they can sign another star this FA, like PG. Plus, it’s Hollywood.

I know you have been saying for awhile you would hat if they got Lebron but he might actually go there this summer @ChiefsLakers67

There are not enough balls to go around when LeBron balls think they should have the ball in their hands instead of LeBron. LeBron to the Lakers is a pipe dream for Laker fans.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres still ways around parts of it.
He could keep his primary residence in Miami or another state with no state taxes.

Also, players pay each state where there games are played, so LA is only half + Clippers games.
gsw and kings too ;)