• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What will be the best conference in 2014?

Best College Football Conference in 2014 will be...

• American Athletic Conference (AAC)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Conference USA (C-USA)

• Mountain West Conference (MWC)

• Total voters

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think?

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to vote quite yet. I am not going to homer pick this. I want to look more into it before I decide. Right now, I am thinking PAC 12 or Big 12. I think Big Ten has a lot of talent and could possibly be the best one now. Also, can never rule out SEC.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the SEC by quite a wide margin. I homered out and voted for the Pac as a West coast guy, but it's still gotta be the SEC. It always is my friend. Some damn good football being played down South. Just look at the SEC West alone.

Remember when LSU put the wood to Oregon in Dallas a few years ago? Remember what Chip Kelly said after the game? When a reporter asked him what had happened he just shook his head and said, "We felt comfortable with the game plan and what we needed to do. Unfortunately we were overwhelmed. It's just a different type of athlete." A different type of athlete. Those words have always resonated with me.

I'll rank 'em like this:

1. SEC
2. Pac 12
3. Big 12
4. Big 10
5. ACC
6. American
7. MWC
8. MAC
9. Conference USA
10. Sun Belt

And I feel very confident with those rankings although you could maybe swap the bottom two, close there. Both conferences blow.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the SEC by quite a wide margin. I homered out and voted for the Pac as a West coast guy, but it's still gotta be the SEC. It always is my friend. Some damn good football being played down South. Just look at the SEC West alone.

Remember when LSU put the wood to Oregon in Dallas a few years ago? Remember what Chip Kelly said after the game? When a reporter asked him what had happened he just shook his head and said, "We felt comfortable with the game plan and what we needed to do. Unfortunately we were overwhelmed. It's just a different type of athlete." A different type of athlete. Those words have always resonated with me.

I'll rank 'em like this:

1. SEC
2. Pac 12
3. Big 12
4. Big 10
5. ACC
6. American
7. MWC
8. MAC
9. Conference USA
10. Sun Belt

And I feel very confident with those rankings although you could maybe swap the bottom two, close there. Both conferences blow.

it is a bit early, but I could see the SEC slipping. Pac and SEC were very close last yr. SEC is replacing a lot of starting QBs. Bama, LSU, A&M, Mizzu, SoCar, and Georgia off the top of my head. Auburn is the only "power" school returning their Qb. There could be a few more upsets than people are expecting as new starters go through some growing pains. I am pretty confident in the SEC and Pac being the 2 best conferences, but I am not ready to pick the best without doing a little more investigation.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's the who the hell cares besides SEC fanboys option?

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went with the SEC. They have been the for quite some time and they stay the top even after losing stars. I still think it will be the same this year.

The B1G does compete with them pretty good in the Capitol One and Outback Bowl though. May not always win, but are often great games.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll rank 'em like this:

1. SEC
2. Pac 12
3. Big 12
4. Big 10
5. ACC
6. American
7. MWC
8. MAC
9. Conference USA
10. Sun Belt

The odd thing about that is that Oregon only lost to Auburn in the NC the year before by a last second FG.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take the Mountain West over the AAC

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't want to be a homer and pick C-USA so I picked the SEC

But seriously it's between the SEC and PAC

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is a bit early, but I could see the SEC slipping. Pac and SEC were very close last yr. SEC is replacing a lot of starting QBs. Bama, LSU, A&M, Mizzu, SoCar, and Georgia off the top of my head. Auburn is the only "power" school returning their Qb. There could be a few more upsets than people are expecting as new starters go through some growing pains. I am pretty confident in the SEC and Pac being the 2 best conferences, but I am not ready to pick the best without doing a little more investigation.

And while the SEC is replacing star QBs, the Pac is busy returning their stars at the position. And we all know how crucial having a stud QB is these days. It's absolutely huge.

I would say that this will most likely be the season where the second best conference isn't way behind the SEC. The SEC is still king in my opinion even with the loss of talent, but the Pac won't be far behind in 2014. They'll be right there. Half of their teams finished ranked last year and that was after beating each other up in conference all season.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The odd thing about that is that Oregon only lost to Auburn in the NC the year before by a last second FG.

That was odd. There wasn't a ton of offense in that game. Oregon fought their asses off. They just couldn't get it done once the field started compressing in the red zone. They ran out of space against that SEC front and Daron Thomas made some poor decisions in the zone read. Then of course there was the Michael Dyer run at the end that sealed Oregon's fate.

What a magical season for Auburn (same with last year). How clutch was Cam? I mean they won some incredibly close, tough contests that season with an average defense. He just came up with the goods and the right throws at the most needed times. He single-handedly won several games for them that season. What a ride for that fanbase, a special season.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC
PAC
ACC
Big 12
B1G

I don't know how anyone could possible think the B1G is close to being the best conference.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC
PAC
ACC
Big 12
B1G

I don't know how anyone could possible think the B1G is close to being the best conference.
-
Think the Big 12 moves up this yr. Dreadful last year, it seemed like everyone was breaking in a new QB to start the season. This year most of the league is returning QBs.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Think the Big 12 moves up this yr. Dreadful last year, it seemed like everyone was breaking in a new QB to start the season. This year most of the league is returning QBs.

It will come down to if:

Clemson, FSU, VT & Duke > Oklahoma, Texas, Baylor and Kansas State

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is no surprise that ESPN has the SEC ranked #1. I could have told you that without seeing their poll